Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Hulk isn't a fighting genius, but shouldn't he be as fast or faster than Wolverine?
    Yeah, but Wolverine is a smaller target and not that easy to hit.
    Then again, Thunderclap and stuff.

Also, does a brain stab really outright kill the Hulk?
    Isn't his healing factor far too good for that?

That guy who beat Red Hulk....um..is Red Hulk on par with really angry Hulk?
    Nah, not since he got depowered and deprived of his PIS aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Oh god that's true. I never really thought about it at the time, but all Steve did was swing the hammer around in circles to hit bunches of armored mooks. No lightning, no flying through the sky, no bullet deflection, and definitely no esoteric stunts like d-dumping or transmutation. It's like Steve is just too basic to imagine how to use the hammer for more than just bludgeoning attacks.
    I mean, bludgeoning your way through everything is pretty much the American Way
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Shanking the Hulk in the brain will ten count him just fine, at minimum. He's not so good that outright stabs into his brain are ignorable.

Now I'm curious about the cosmic cubes. They keep showing up in Cap stories, but has he ever wielded a cosmic cube? And if so, did Steve do anything powerful with it? Or did he just use it to hit people or prop open doors?

It'll temporarily kill him, but he'll heal from it. It's enough to put him down for a while though.

He's been stabbed and shot in the brain before.

Incredible Member

Or did he just use it to hit people or prop open doors?
    I want to see this...

On another note, I doubt anyone has ever accused Steve of being very good with any type of esoteric item.
    To be fair, other than his shield maybe, and stealth, he is not really the finesse type of person.
    A lot of in-your-face type action... So I would bet against him doing much with a cosmic cube other than bashing someone's face in.. or maybe accidentally blowing something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    I want to see this...

On another note, I doubt anyone has ever accused Steve of being very good with any type of esoteric item.
    To be fair, other than his shield maybe, and stealth, he is not really the finesse type of person.
    A lot of in-your-face type action... So I would bet against him doing much with a cosmic cube other than bashing someone's face in.. or maybe accidentally blowing something up.
    The 'Murican way.

That said, Cap's failure to use the Gauntlet was pretty amusing. Why? Because the very next thing that happened, was the Illuminati freaking out, deciding to start blowing up planets, Cap losing his Red, White & Blue mind; and then Strange mind-wiping him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The 'Murican way.

That said, Cap's failure to use the Gauntlet was pretty amusing. Why? Because the very next thing that happened, was the Illuminati freaking out, deciding to start blowing up planets, Cap losing his Red, White & Blue mind; and then Strange mind-wiping him.
    I mean... yeah....
    That sounds about right, haha

Oh.. I guess he could find oil with it, right?
    I mean.. that has to be like a six sense of Captain America or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And just as a quick note regarding Steve ‘using’ Mjolnir, to the best of my knowledge he remains the only person to have lifted it NOT to have been given the power of Thor. I mean it’s actually written on the side of Mjolnir that whosoever shall be worthy and whatnot, and yet Steve Rogers was still just ‘Some Peak Human Dude Holding A Hammer’.
    Nope. You are wrong.

Oh god that's true. I never really thought about it at the time, but all Steve did was swing the hammer around in circles to hit bunches of armored mooks. No lightning, no flying through the sky, no bullet deflection, and definitely no esoteric stunts like d-dumping or transmutation. It's like Steve is just too basic to imagine how to use the hammer for more than just bludgeoning attacks.
    Nope, you are also wrong. Well not about bludgeoning, Mjolnir is ultimately a war hammer - bludgeoning things is kind of what you do with it.

You both are working with bad info, I assume you are referring to Secret Empire, but don't worry you can update your knowledge by reading Thor 390 and Fear Itself 7. Steve gained a strength boost, demonstrated on panel, the first time he wielded Mjolnir (Thor 390), it allowed him (as the Captain) to throw off a "horde" (looked to be about 30-40) of Seth's armoured troops who had dog-piled on him, Cap described how intoxicating the power of wielding Mjolnir was, before throwing it back to Thor. During Fear Itself (FI 7) Cap called down lightning when he fought Skadi/Skin and Mjolnir was returning to him. Also a fun What If? comic tie-in to the Age of Apocalypse has Cap wielding Mjolnir and bludgeoning the Juggernaut.

Oh I see. This thread has become about cap-bashing now. That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    That guy who beat Red Hulk....um..is Red Hulk on par with really angry Hulk?
    Only when he has the Loebforce, otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfo View Post
    So, once again, Cap demonstrably using the Infinity Gauntlet to a lesser degree than someone else managed with an incomplete gauntlet is called "a thing that happened in one comic, compared to a thing that happened in another comic", even within its own comic it was presented as a disastrous mess of an outcome as far as it went and contributed to the Illuminati deciding "welp. This whole 'let's bring Cap in' thing was a huge mistake'" and doing him up. That's less "cap bashing" and more "comics". The best you can note is that generally that whole arc didn't particularly hold Captain America in an especially high regard as far as things that happened to him when he went up against various people.

Which is to say, Adam Warlock with an incomplete gauntlet restored an entire universe to largely its factory settings, even if at personal cost to himself for a bit, despite it being, as you yourself note, otherwise by that point overwritten, even if you want to dispute the use of it to do said overwriting, whereas when called upon to wield a complete Gauntlet on a universal scale, in deflecting a universe, Cap broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    To be fair, how much of that latter stuff was before they started retconning the Gauntlet and making it only work in 616?

I agree with you on the stuff about the power gem powering the other stuff though. Unless Marvel retconned that too.
    Eh, really the big ol thing they mostly seemed to have slapped the Gauntlet with is the whole "have to be in its home universe to use it".

With that said, it should be super mega retconned in the next few months, they've already started up with the whole "they've been called the infinity stones this whole time! not gems! because gems would sound too girly to a lowest common denominator movie audience and also even though that audience in no way reads the comics nor ever will, the comics need to be changed to suit that!"

I imagine it will proceed to work like however the movies say it works and do whatever the movies say it does. And even with Infinity War's crazy budget, I am envisioning something less than omnipotence for some reason.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-10-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfo View Post
    It happens, unfortunately.
    On a positive note, he is still the most awesomest thing ever.

How could I have forgotten? Cap used the Cosmic Cube to restore Bucky's memory. "Remember who you are."