Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC should renumber the Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman titles back..

After reading this: https://www.newsarama.com/36912-wond...-november.html.

Does anyone think DC should renumber these titles back to their original number as they did with Action Comics and Detective Comics and what Marvel is current doing to their line-up of comics ?

I've been a fan of this idea since they took Wonder Woman back to original numbering with issue 600.

I always felt bad about the Wonder Woman thing. We got her back to her original numbering for about twelve issues before the book was relaunched. Seemed insulting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    After reading this: https://www.newsarama.com/36912-wond...-november.html.

Does anyone think DC should renumber these titles back to their original number as they did with Action Comics and Detective Comics and what Marvel is current doing to their line-up of comics ?
    I would love it, I dropped WW for the time being but if it was her #800 number I would get it with no doubt.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Not Flash. Numbering is messy as hell!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

But if they went back to original numbering, that may make readers think that everything was reverted to pre-Flashpoint status and that nothing from the New52 remained, and that's not the case.
    (Besides, in terms of Marvel, how long do people expect them to maintain "Legacy" numbering for all those titles and resist new relaunches back to issue #1? I'd be surprised if that lasted more than two years or so.)

Fantastic Member

If they were going to do it they should have done it at the start of Rebirth I would not do it now it would just make things confusing for people. If you want to commemorate when issue #800 of Wonder Woman comes out then fine do that but don't change all the numbering in the middle. Just make it clear it is milestone issue you don't have to change all the numbering for that.

They can go back to the dual numbering system they used in the past on things like Adventure Comics.

I think if they're going to celebrate those milestones and have Action and Detective with their proper numbering, they may as well renumber all the big books .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Flash feels too different to go back to the numbering. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But if they went back to original numbering, that may make readers think that everything was reverted to pre-Flashpoint status and that nothing from the New52 remained, and that's not the case.
    (Besides, in terms of Marvel, how long do people expect them to maintain "Legacy" numbering for all those titles and resist new relaunches back to issue #1? I'd be surprised if that lasted more than two years or so.)
    Hell with pre-Flashpoint, it might make readers think we're going back to pre-Crisis!

You know, until they look at the cover and realize that's not the case. Because no one looks like that anymore.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Flash feels too different to go back to the numbering. At least for now.
    What do you mean?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What do you mean?
    Flash from 1959-1986 and 1987-2009 operate in the same basic continuity. It would feel really weird for me to see the numbering resumed with a new Wally and dead Nora, although I suppose it wouldn't be so weird for the 1986 numbering to be resumed since it's Barry's book.

Spectacular Member

I want as few numbering changes as possible. Switching back to the original number just over a year after rebirth started would be a pain. DC should keep the current runs going as long as possible. Getting the larger books like Superman, Batman, and WW to #100 would be great.

I've always been pro-historic numbering. I could understand why DC wouldn't want to do it now, with the new number 1's not too long ago and the big Action 1000 coming up. Personally I think DC should've restored Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman when they rightfully restored Action and Detective last year. Maybe in another 100 issues DC might re-consider the numbering.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 10-12-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Yes.
    In regards to the Flash, the renumbering should be taken from the end of Barry's original run, #350 and include the 12 issues Johns wrote plus the New 52 run up to now.

THEN when DC restart Wally's title, we have the numbering taken from the end of HIS run (#247).

I've never understood comic publishers fascination with restarting a book's numbering. You should EMBRACE your history not be ashamed of it!
    Take a look at Marvel. All the short term bumps in sales for new #1's have made their books IMPOSSIBLE to follow. A new reader wouldn't have any effing clue on where to start nowadays.
    Far more offputting than picking up issue #374 of Blah Boy which is the start of a new storyline.
    Last edited by married guy; 10-12-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.