Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Amy Adams could be easily replaced by Isla Fisher and no one will notice the difference.
    I watched Nocturnal Animals recently, which features both Adams and Fisher, and I though both actresses were the same person until I checked the cast list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Amy Adams could be easily replaced by Isla Fisher and no one will notice the difference.
    Problem solved, lol.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Good point about Isla Fisher. However Amy is the better actress.

I have a feeling though IF we get an MOS2, Amy will come back as long as Lois has a good role. I think Henry and Amy are the most likely to be the only holdovers.

Heck, unless Laurence Fishburne is contractually unable because of his association with Marvel or his schedule doesn't work out with another film he could still return. He hasn't outright said " No I'm not coming back". It's just he hasn't officially heard anything.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Having one Superman actor with two different Lois Lanes would be one of the worst experiences. Hopefully not going to happen. Amy Adams is high calibre actress and she alone can guarantee nice box office by now. You don't take Erica Durance from Tom Welling, you don't take Amy Adams from Henry Cavill.

As for Laurence, he just wasn't contacted. He is not out of the picture officially as of yet.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I watched Nocturnal Animals recently, which features both Adams and Fisher, and I though both actresses were the same person until I checked the cast list.
    Separated at birth like Javier Bardem and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview with Henry Cavill...

“I was always aware that things could change quite quickly. Once I got the Superman job, there was a turning point where I started getting stopped in the street in London, and people shouting "Superman!" They think that it's gonna make me turn around. You hear it, you think, don't turn around. Because then a whole street full of people go ‘what?’, and you're never gonna get where you want to go.”

He should look up and say, “where?”

“Yeah that's what I'm gonna do next time!” He chuckles. “That's a good one actually.”

Cavill loves Superman, and loves playing Superman. He is very good at playing Superman. It is his misfortune that his tenure has so far coincided with DC’s largely botched attempts to replicate the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with little of the preparation or planning. His debut, Man of Steel, remains the only ‘pure’ Superman film that Cavill has headlined – with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League largely ensemble pieces more focused on setting up sequels than character or coherence.

Man Of Steel itself attracted controversy for its darker take on the Big Blue Boy Scout – Zac Snyder creating a moody film that felt closer in spirit to Christopher Nolan than Christopher Reeve. At the climax Superman snaps General Zod’s neck: a killing to save an endangered family, but a killing in cold blood nonetheless.

While fiercely proud of Man Of Steel, Cavill implies its story was intended to catalyse the more traditional, heroic version Superman for the direct sequels that remain unfilmed. “The killing of Zod would have led to a wonderful reason why Superman never kills. Not, he never kills just because his dad said so one day. He made the decision himself because of an impossible scenario, to which he then said, ‘I don't care if it's impossible again, I'm gonna find a way to make it possible in the impossible.’”

The move toward a DC Universe meant “we didn't get the opportunity to show the other side of it, the ‘I'm ready to be Superman now and I'm ready to show the world the best examples’. That's where the joy and glee comes from, and that sense of warmth from the character, which is his real superpower – he makes people believe in themselves. It was a shame because it would've been nice, and it would have been a lovely coupling with the seriousness and the depth of Man of Steel.”

The real shame? While he does a fine, brooding Man of Steel, Cavill would be fantastic as the dashing Superman of our collective imagination. His featherlight turn as Napoleon Solo in the vastly underrated The Man from U.N.C.L.E. tends to be vaunted as a quasi-Bond audition, but Solo also proved Cavill a deft comic actor capable of blending silly and stoic.

He cites the complex, introspective Superman: For Tomorrow as “one of my favourite comic books. I would definitely like to tell a story like that”. Clearly he has unfinished business in the cape. “There's an opportunity to keep on telling Superman stories, and getting them exactly right. Showing the things like hope and joy and that wonderful power of his to make people believe in themselves.”

Full interview here: https://www.squaremile.com/features/...on-impossible/

They’d be better off adapting something straightforward and bombastic like Johns Brainiac arc. For Tomorrow would just be a rehash of what Snyder tried to do.

but a killing in cold blood nonetheless.
    I wonder if whoever wrote this actually watched "Man of Steel".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That would be a huge loss. She's such a great actress.

You can't do a Superman movie without Lois Lane, so it would have to be a recast. A soft reboot with Henry Cavill still in the suit would be fine.
    There are other women in the DC universe, and let's be honest Amy and Henry haven't had the greatest on screen chemistry and the fact that their relationship draws inspiration from injustice just makes me wish they went in a completely different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    There are other women in the DC universe, and let's be honest Amy and Henry haven't had the greatest on screen chemistry and the fact that their relationship draws inspiration from injustice just makes me wish they went in a completely different direction.
    100% agree. Their romance has all the intensity of a night light. I'd rather see Cavill being Superman just by himself. God knows he needs fleshing out beyond "muh Lois" which is his entire character arc under Snyder.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    I wonder if whoever wrote this actually watched "Man of Steel".
    Most likely not, but it's nice to see Henry defending Man of Steel after all this time. He gets it.

Hopefully Lois won't get removed, otherwise it will be just as trash as Thor Ragnarok throwing away Jane Foster with a silly/stupid remark. It just moves away from enjoying it as a part of a single continuity and trilogy. Dismissing characters in such a way is idiotic.

Have you actually played Injustice?

And there are other characters in the DCU so by your logic we should forget about Superman entirely.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-11-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    100% agree. Their romance has all the intensity of a night light. I'd rather see Cavill being Superman just by himself. God knows he needs fleshing out beyond "muh Lois" which is his entire character arc under Snyder.
    I mean, Snyder's Superman has yet to spin the Earth on its axis to bring Lois back and was doing hero work before he even met her. The fact they removed the two person love triangle easily makes this one of the least toxic depictions of their relationship.

"thank you, Lois"
    "For what?"
    ''for believing in me."
    "It didn't make much difference in the end."
    "It did to me."

This scene alone makes this Superman and Lois relationship very special and unique. It's a more mature interaction. Amy Lois needs to be in a sequel. She's essential to this Superman story. I want to see bit more romance and lighthearted stuff. They need to get married next. He was going to propose in BvS.

782eb72f6d02e319d93ec4e499f21e1f--superman-cavill-henry-superman.jpg

They should introduce Supergirl and have the story be the relationship of blood relatives. Not saying it should be all about Supergirl. Just that Supergirl is the main woman in his life for this story instead of Lois.