Page 600 of 827 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 12392
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I could go on, but what's the point.

Sandy Hausler
    If the judicial system ran the way it does in the Arrowverse and on Gotham...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If the judicial system ran the way it does in the Arrowverse and on Gotham...
    Remember: this is a universe wherein superheroes are allowed to indefinitely lock up supervillains without due process.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Remember: this is a universe wherein superheroes are allowed to indefinitely lock up supervillains without due process.

That's one of the things that bother me most about the CW-Verse. Team Flash locking up Metas in those cells in Star Labs is just wrong.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Well, that's a plus.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

pfffffffffffft I don't need logic, due process, sensical things in my Arrowverse TV shows. No sir.

The Arrowverse gave us Beebo and that makes it all right.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    pfffffffffffft I don't need logic, due process, sensical things in my Arrowverse TV shows. No sir.

The Arrowverse gave us Beebo and that makes it all right.
    Loved Beebo, lol. Legends can be such a fun show.

Arrow vs. Flash vs. Gotham - which show has the worst demonstrated legal system?

The Flash court case is terrible, with holes in the case everywhere. Over in Gotham, Gordon gets arrested and the trial is done completely off panel and seems to be over in less than a day. Arrow ... well, less said the better.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Maybe this is all karma for the Pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Arrow vs. Flash vs. Gotham - which show has the worst demonstrated legal system?

The Flash court case is terrible, with holes in the case everywhere. Over in Gotham, Gordon gets arrested and the trial is done completely off panel and seems to be over in less than a day. Arrow ... well, less said the better.
    Y'know, it would've been cool to see Laurel defend Barry if she wasn't...y'know, dead.

I mean, I know Cecile did it in the comics, but she did a terrible job of it here. And at least we could've gotten to see Laurel helping a friend and doing lawyering stuff since she barely did any of it on Arrow before her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe this is all karma for the Pipeline.

Y'know, it would've been cool to see Laurel defend Barry if she wasn't...y'know, dead.

I mean, I know Cecile did it in the comics, but she did a terrible job of it here. And at least we could've gotten to see Laurel helping a friend and doing lawyering stuff since she barely did any of it on Arrow before her death.
    I'd be all for that. I wish they didn't kill Laurel.

BANNED

I wonder if the thinkers machinations are going to extend to prison. He may ironically break Barry out if the new body starts to fail as Barry could be the only one who could accommodate his mind. Does the department feel Barry has or hasn't committed the crime in mistaken zeal was never elaborated on. Shouldn't Barry had stayed away from everyone until the radioactivity totally faded as there would have been massive trace radiation due to his exposure? Despite a shoddy trial the episode seems misnamed and it should have been named the trial of Barry Allen rather than the flash unless his SE was outed during the trial which would have made the title seem more sensible. Can't say much for Ralph and joes detective efforts. The best way to gather incriminating evidence was to try to find out if any witnesses had seen devoe arrive alive or not or alternatively seen the devoes plant the body. A reasonable doubt could have been raised if no other person had seen devoe arrive at the doorstep suggesting he was already dead when Barry found him. I wonder if Barry will add his graffitty saying the flash was here on his cell walls.

I'd love a spinoff of Cisco and Harry as a buddy-cop kinda show with them dealing with Metas and other threats. Won't happen but I can dream.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I’ve largely been enjoying this season quite a bit but holy hell this was bad. Aside for my worry that this means a returns to the gloomy and mopey for a show that works best when it is anything but, that whole trial was just horribly written. And once, just once, can we not have Barry acting like an absolute idiot.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I’ve largely been enjoying this season quite a bit but holy hell this was bad. Aside for my worry that this means a returns to the gloomy and mopey for a show that works best when it is anything but, that whole trial was just horribly written. And once, just once, can we not have Barry acting like an absolute idiot.
    I think Candice Patton (Iris) joked a while ago that the show should be called "Damn it Barry." Pretty accurate. It can be fun to watch how stupid he acts, but it can be infuriating.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    I think Candice Patton (Iris) joked a while ago that the show should be called "Damn it Barry." Pretty accurate. It can be fun to watch how stupid he acts, but it can be infuriating.
    It’s true. I’m just wondering whose idea it was to double down on this particular aspect of his character. One that’s pretty much the opposite of his classic comics personality.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    A reasonable doubt could have been raised if no other person had seen devoe arrive at the doorstep suggesting he was already dead when Barry found him.
    The most basic questions were never asked. Why was Devoe even at Barry's loft? How did Devoe, bound into a wheelchair as he is, climb the stairs to said loft? Did no cameras (and they are everywhere these days) pick up Devoe's arrival at all?
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules