Page 469 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569969 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 20773

I know a lot of you prefer the OHC to the Omnibus format nowadays, but I'm really glad they announced the Avengers by Hickman vol.1!!!! I can already picture it (and the subsequent volumes) next to the FF omnis.
    And the Loki Omni by Gillen has been long overdue; it deserves all the praise it gets (here's hoping it includes the letters pages, at least for the last issue)!!!

2017 can't come fast enough!

Where does the JiM omnibus pick up in regards to the JMS Thor omnibus?

I'm blind buying this just because of the hype from you folks!

BTW, I hope they don't mess up the reading order with Avengers/New Avengers. The collected editions department nailed it with F4/FF, so please don't screw it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Where does the JiM omnibus pick up in regards to the JMS Thor omnibus?

I'm blind buying this just because of the hype from you folks!
    It goes after Siege, as a direct consequence of Gillen's run on Thor after JMS' and as a sister series to Fraction's Thor/Mighty Thor.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Is the Operation Galactic Storm Epic more or less complete than the two tpbs from a few years ago?
    It looks substantially the same, but the Epic loses What If? #55-56.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Shoot. I just got the JIM Vol 1 UC a couple months ago. And there's no point in double dipping if I already own half of it. Aw well. Still glad it exists.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by

[B
    Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont [/B]
    Though best-known for his epic world-building X-Men run, prolific writer Chris Claremont has more than made his mark across the entire Marvel Universe! Now, experience the length and breadth of his decades-long career! Beginning with his rarely-seen early work on the horrors of combat, Claremont will introduce Captain Britain, put Black Goliath and Doctor Strange through their paces, dig into the mythology of the Man-Thing, pit the X-Men against the Fantastic Four, put Kitty Pryde firmly in the spotlight, take on the Japanese heroes Big Hero 6, and pen the most cosmic contest of all!
    COLLECTING: WAR IS HELL 9-15; BLACK GOLIATH 2-5; CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) 1-10; DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) 38-45; MAN-THING (1979) 4-8, 10-11; FANTASTIC FOUR VERSUS THE X-MEN 1-4; CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS II 1-5; MEKANIX 1-6; BIG HERO 6 1-5; MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 36
    $125.00
    1144 pages
    wow, wheres claremonts Spider-Woman issues?, would seem like a no brainer
    "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    I know a lot of you prefer the OHC to the Omnibus format nowadays, but I'm really glad they announced the Avengers by Hickman vol.1!!!! I can already picture it (and the subsequent volumes) next to the FF omnis.
    And the Loki Omni by Gillen has been long overdue; it deserves all the praise it gets (here's hoping it includes the letters pages, at least for the last issue)!!!

2017 can't come fast enough!
    I'm genuinely glad I got the Hickman Avengers OHCs instead of the omni, but I understand why some people might want the omni instead. For me the OHCs are much more comfortable to read.

That Loki omni is a fantastic surprise. Instant buy. I've been meaning to read this run for ages and never got around to it.

Spectacular Member

BTW, I hope they don't mess up the reading order with Avengers/New Avengers. The collected editions department nailed it with F4/FF, so please don't screw it up!
    Other than the Infinity crossover issues and later Time Runs Out, the issues are largely independent stories that aren't really interwoven, so it will probably be collected just like the OHCs minus the double-dipping. Any other way wouldn't make much sense.

Like, it should be collected like this:

Avengers OHC 1 material

The first half of New Avengers OHC 1

all the stuff from the Infinity OHC in the same order

Avengers OHC 3 (skip 2 since it's already inside Infinity OHC)

New Avengers OHC 2

Time Runs Out

Secret Wars.

That would be a perfect reading order. If they just mashed them all in in the order they were originally published it would be almost unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Looks like there's gonna be a Monsterbus v2 i didn't see anyone mention as well.

also, Sif: JiM complete collection. Nice.
    There are 4 "monster" collections :

MONSTERS VOL. 1: THE MARVEL MONSTERBUS (Material from Strange Tales of the Unusual #7, Astonishing #56, World of Fantasy #15-19, Strange Worlds #1, 3-5; Strange Tales #67-70, 72-86; Journey Into Mystery #51-70; Tales to Astonish #1, 3-21; Tales of Suspense #2-19, Amazing Adventures #1-2)

Monsters Unleashed (by McNiven) OHC

MONSTERS UNLEASHED: BATTLEGROUND TPB (COLLECTING: AVENGERS 1.MU, SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL 1.MU, ALL-NEW X-MEN 1.MU, CHAMPIONS 1.MU, DOCTOR STRANGE 1.MU, UNCANNY INHUMANS 1.MU, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 1.MU, THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK 1.MU)

MONSTERS VOL. 2: THE MARVEL MONSTERBUS BY STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER & JACK KIRBY HC (COLLECTING: MATERIAL FROM STRANGE TALES (1951) 87-100; STRANGE TALES ANNUAL (1962) 1; JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) 71-82; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) 20-34; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) 20-38; AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) 1-6;CHAMBER OF DARKNESS (1969) 4-5)

THE MONSTER ABCs HC (COLLECTING: KIRBY MONSTER VARIANT COVERS; MATERIAL FROM TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) 15, 16, 22; TALES OF SUSPENSE 13, 18, 23; JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) 57, 62)

dont understand the reason for not adding MONSTERS UNLEASHED: BATTLEGROUND TPB to the Monsters Unleashed OHC

ABCs looks like a double-dip!

and what is marvel problem woth Wolverine? 3 movies and 2 omnibus (Mark Millar and Chris Claremont ..) the spidey movie is getting 3 Omnibus!

They better not! I held of on all the OHCs with the hope the Omni would be all neat reading order and avoid the double dip.

I'm all in for the Gillen JiM
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    It's hilarious to me Marvel will announce a two-volume set of Monster omnibuses and put them out with quick turnaround but where's the second volume of the Clone Saga omnibus? Why isn't it as important for them to make an announcement about that? With all the other Spiderman omnibuses coming next year do you think there's even room for it in 2017?
    I'm also slightly worried about the continuance of the Spider-Man Clone Saga Omnis. I really want to see those 3 or so Clone Omnis on my shelf.

I figure there are commercial reasons behind them putting out the Spidey Clone Omni(s) (and Epics) what with the upcoming movie and the current Slott Spidey storyline, whereas the Monsterbusses are more of a "monster pet" project of Cory's as well as being in line with the upcoming Monster "event" which I can't see being a very big seller.

I could be wrong, but I bet the Spidey Clone Omni(s) will generate much better sales than any of the Monsterbuses, and the latter may very well go to clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post

and what is marvel problem woth Wolverine? 3 movies and 2 omnibus (Mark Millar and Chris Claremont ..) the spidey movie is getting 3 Omnibus!
    In total, Marvel has given us 4 Wolverine Omnis -Vol.1 (Claremont, Miller, Windsor-Smith & others), Jason Aaron, Mark Millar & W&X-Men (Aaron). There was also the Adamantium Collection, for what that's worth.

We have to remember that the mutants are not part of the MCU but Spider-Man now is as well as being Marvel's star player on all fronts, so subjectivity has its place.

I do think we may still get a Wolvie Omni. I would be very pleased to see a Vol. 2 as well as a reprint of Vol. 1 for those who don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    In total, Marvel has given us 4 Wolverine Omnis -Vol.1 (Claremont, Miller, Windsor-Smith & others), Jason Aaron, Mark Millar & W&X-Men (Aaron). There was also the Adamantium Collection, for what that's worth.

We have to remember that the mutants are not part of the MCU but Spider-Man now is as well as being Marvel's star player on all fronts, so subjectivity has its place.

I do think we may still get a Wolvie Omni. I would be very pleased to see a Vol. 2 as well as a reprint of Vol. 1 for those who don't have it.
    I forgot the Jason Aaron omni! W&X-Men I cant think of as a Wolverine Omni (and neither as a X-men omni I just tend to forget I bought it! )

Also Why are there no netflix related omnibus excelpt for Daredevil (new stuff & reprints) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Also Why are there no netflix related omnibus excelpt for Daredevil (new stuff & reprints) ?
    There's wasn't hardly anything for Daredevil alongside the Netflix DD Season 1. The flood of solicitations of Daredevil collected editions came following the rave reviews for the series and in line with Season 2.

I suspect we'll start seeing some new stuff/reprints for Iron Fist and the other "Defenders" following the release of their respective Netflix shows.

Btw, I haven't yet seen the Netflix Luke Cage series. Without giving away any spoilers, anyone willing to briefly share their opinion?