Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I just got this e-mail....

A comic book convention in 4th of July weekend.

ALL-CON Summer Fundraiser Announcement
    We are having a fundraiser event to help lessen the loses we sustained in March after a county health order disbanded public gatherings on our first day of the convention.

This isn’t a virtual gathering … Our fundraiser is an actual in-person convention at our hotel, the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Addison, Texas. The VIP Donor badge to get you in for the entire weekend is $25 (parking is FREE!) and all donations generated go into the ALL-CON Community Spirit recovery fund for the March 2021 event.
    Now the March one was suppose to feature a huge Battlestar Galactica (ORIGINAL SERIES) reunion with Glen Larson.

I have been to this event-even at 25% it was hard to walk around an entire floor of a hotel.

Hotel stay for all 4 days is $500 and NO refund.

Really???

I think I will pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I just got this e-mail....

A comic book convention in 4th of July weekend.

Now the March one was suppose to feature a huge Battlestar Galactica (ORIGINAL SERIES) reunion with Glen Larson.

I have been to this event-even at 25% it was hard to walk around an entire floor of a hotel.

Hotel stay for all 4 days is $500 and NO refund.

Really???

I think I will pass on this one.
    How were they going to have a reunion with Glen Larson? He died in 2014.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's entirely intentional - not only do the people there speak excellent English (I think they are second or even third generation Vietnamese-Americans judging by age) but the website for the restaurant used to be phokinggud.com - although that's now the instagram hashtag. There is another place in Beaverton, Oregon called Pho King Good (which I only know from the website redirect, I can't comment on the quality).
    That's cool. Reminds me of when I lived in Brooklyn, there was a kosher Chinese restaurant on Flatbush Ave., named Shang Chai.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My stimulus check arrived today. WHOO!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    How were they going to have a reunion with Glen Larson? He died in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My stimulus check arrived today. WHOO!
    Did it have Trump's signature on it?

In other news, I got my results back from my Covid 19 test. I'm negative! Yay!

Name? Yes. Signature? No. I’m fine with that.

Congrats on turning up negative.

Here’s to hoping you stay that way, too!

Invincible Member

My supervisor from my old job texted me yesterday to say that my boss wants to get things going again and has plans for some of us to work from home and she'll call in a few days. I just assumed that they'd tell me what's going to be happening in the future and maybe we'll get started sometime next week. At 9pm last night my boss called and said, "We have the materials you'll need, I'll bring them over tomorrow so you can get started." Yipes!

We got the word yesterday that the new regs for re-opening in New York require that all of the school's bathrooms be cleaned TWICE a day. So that means a significantly greater work load for us once we go back to a full schedule on June 1st. The school won't open for students until at least September, but we're going to have a lot of contractors doing renovations over the summer and it will be our job to clean up after them.

Ate out (actually sitting down in the restaurant) for the first time in months a few days ago. A little weird due to all condiments, table accessories, etc being absent. Otherwise it was nice to get back to normal.

Haircut tomorrow or the next day. My hair hasn't been this long since college when I rocked a mullet.

1 week and a half now since the end of that stay at home situation here in France and so far so good. Some cases of contamination of course here and there, that was bound to happen but fingers crossed.

My older sister is an essential worker. She got tested this morning for covid because she had some of the symptoms. I am very much hoping for the best.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My older sister is an essential worker. She got tested this morning for covid because she had some of the symptoms. I am very much hoping for the best.
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope she gets good news.

This morning I waited for my spouse to head out of the house (she’s got one of those essential personnel gigs) and then set my living room up TV sitcom style, w. a 4th wall.
    I based the layout loosely on FRIENDS, as in Monica’s apartment the TV was actually visible, but they had absolutely nothing going on where we the audience peeked in.
    I had to take a few things and stick them in the garage, but I now have a fully blank wall and everything is oriented in one direction.

I figure once my spouse sees it, I’ll be sleeping on that reoriented sofa tonight...