Page 50 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I did get a kick out of this back in the day.
    Aquaman taking out Namor was also a cracker.
    (We don't mention the ridiculous Wolvie/Lobo fight result)
    The Aquaman Namor fight was really cool. Especially when he dropped a whale on him. The Flash Quicksilver one was also decent.

The Lobo Wolverine one was lame as well as the Wonder Woman Storm one.

But most of the others were just ok.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

The Flash #0 is such a masterpiece.

We're really lucky to have this one.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

As Wally West fans we have been incredibly spoiled with the calibre of writers and artists we were given over the years.

Writers:
    Baron (14 issues and started Wally from a very different place, but did give us Speed Demon & Velocity 9 though!)
    Messner-Loebs (Instead of ignoring Baron's stuff built upon it, making Wally a fully formed and nuanced character)
    Waid (Took what Bill did and took it to the stratosphere. There's a reason why Waid is considered THE Wally Flash writer)
    Johns (Brought back the Rogues in a big way and gave them all personalities)
    Millar/Morrison (12 issues, but crammed a lot in there! The Suit, Black Flash the return of Mopee)

All stayed for an extended period of time and did the character a huge service (particularly Messner-Loebs and Waid)

Artists:
    Greg LaRocque (#15 to #79 - missing only 7 issues during that time!)
    Mike Wieringo (Only 13 issues, but made a HUGE impression.)
    Oscar Jimenez
    Paul Ryan (not flashy, but such a SOLID storyteller and clean)
    Paul Pelletier
    Scott Kolins (Jumped on with #170 and stayed till #200)
    Howard Porter (Closed out the same time as Geoff Johns with the end of Rogue War #225)
    Last edited by married guy; 04-10-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

As Wally West fans we have been incredibly spoiled with the calibre of writers and artists we were given over the years.

Writers:
    Baron (14 issues and started Wally from a very different place, but did give us Speed Demon & Velocity 9 though!)
    Messner-Loebs (Instead of ignoring Baron's stuff built upon it, making Wally a fully formed and nuanced character)
    Waid (Took what Bill did and took it to the stratosphere. There's a reason why Waid is considered THE Wally Flash writer)
    Millar/Morrison (12 issues, but crammed a lot in there! The Suit, Black Flash the return of Mopee)

All stayed for an extended period of time and did the character a huge service (particularly Messner-Loebs and Waid)

Artists:
    Oscar Jimenez
    Paul Pelletier
    Howard Porter (Closed out the same time as Geoff Johns with the end of Rogue War #225)
    I think this is a good summation .

Writers:

Artists:
    Oscar Jimenez
    Paul Pelletier
    Great summary.

My favorite writers are Waid and Messner-Loebs. Both great for very different reasons. Messner didnt have any stand out crazy moments, although a lot of really cool ones, but rather a slow burn and really developed Wally the most.

Waid although also developed Wally it was more accelerated with more bombastic stories.

Millar/Morrison was cool as far as trying some new, out there stories.

As for artists LaRocque is THE Wally artist. When I think of Wally I see his Wally in my head.

Oscar Jimenez is my favorite though. Although I generally like cleaner art I just really like his style and it works for the Flash. (Might also be because he was my first Flash artist I saw.) Havent see him around for awhile though. Aquaman Rebirth was the last time that i know of.

Ryan was smooth and clean. Dont really care for Kolins. Porter is good but is off sometimes but has become one of the THE Flash artists.

If you wanted to add any current Wally creators I guess Williamson and Lodbell would be it for writers. Both did decent jobs for the small amount they did.

Artists would be Booth of course and I would say Duce who I think is good as well.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I was trying to keep it pre New 52 as there wasn't a great deal of Wally stuff to work with!
    That said, from the small sample we do have I'd be interested in reading what Williamson would do with a Wally Flash title.
    Throw Francis Manapul in there too.

I did enjoy Lobdell's Flash Forward. I was worried at first but found his voice for Wally pretty damn pitch perfect for the most part.
    I'm still not a fan of Brett Booth's artwork - and I'm buggered if I know why! He's certainly talented but it just doesn't work for me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So we have news on where Wally West will appear next after Generations. Scott Snyder revealed in a Instagram live stream that Wally will have a big role in Death Metal because of the powers he got in flash forward. Jay Garrack and Barry Allen will also run together at some point in the event. Something happens in the story that leads to them all teaming up for a spin off story called speed metal.

source: https://twitter.com/nightreveriess/s...69409193062400

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So we have news on where Wally West will appear next after Generations. Scott Snyder revealed in a Instagram live stream that Wally will have a big role in Death Metal because of the powers he got in flash forward. Jay Garrack and Barry Allen will also run together at some point in the event. Something happens in the story that leads to them all teaming up for a spin off story called speed metal.

That's amazing news.

Wally will still be around. Jay is coming back. AND the Flash family is actually coming together and teaming up rather than pretending each other doesn't exist or fighting??

These post Didio days are looking good ahead.

Astonishing Member

I'm as Anti Didio as anyone but the Wally Manhattan stuff and anything directly derivative of it (like this) was okayed under his watch.

I’m down for that, love the flash family and Jay Garrick so I’d definitely read that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Jay Garrick in a title called, Speed Metal? Count me in!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

This could be really fun and interesting depending on the execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's amazing news.

Wally will still be around. Jay is coming back. AND the Flash family is actually coming together and teaming up rather than pretending each other doesn't exist or fighting??

These post Didio days are looking good ahead.
    I'm still waiting for them to bring Jesse back.

I'm down with seeing where this Manhattan/Mobius Chair thing goes. But I want Wally to walk out of the other end of the story intact, with his powers, skills, history, and family. Give me that, and they can go as crazy as they want while Wally's in the Chair.

As for Jesse, yeah we need her. And XS, and John Fox, and Johnny too. But we won't get Johnny until we get the JSA, and we won't get Jesse until we have her dad. So I think we're gonna be waiting a while for that.

I wonder. If 5G still happens, and I have little reason to think it won't even if some details are being changed (has there been word on that?), what generation will the Infinity crew be part of? The way the timeline looks to be set up, I'm not sure if we'll get the JSA going to limbo for a extended stay, so their kids might actually be around the same age as the League, which would definitely be a change from them being roughly the same age as the adult Titans.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Was Johnny Quick even still alive before Flashpoint? Wiki says he died in Impulse #11. If he was dead, then he certainly doesn't need to be back for Jesse to return. He'd just still be dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman