View Poll Results: So who will be the first to betray Krakoa?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xavier

2 1.77%
  • Magneto

0 0%
  • Mystique

46 40.71%
  • Sebastian Shaw

6 5.31%
  • Emma Frost

2 1.77%
  • Apocalypse

3 2.65%
  • Exodus

1 0.88%
  • Mr. Sinister

32 28.32%
  • Moira X

11 9.73%
  • Selene

2 1.77%
  • Emplate

0 0%
  • Kate Pryde

3 2.65%
  • Cyclops

0 0%
  • Jean Grey

3 2.65%
  • Vulcan

2 1.77%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default So who will be the first to betray the nation of Krakoa?

The current nation of Krakoa has been established and relies on an unprecedented alliance between some of the most powerful and influential mutants on Earth. Everyone plays a role in sustaining the status quo and if one betrays the group, it could potentially compromise the integrity of Krakoa. Alot of these individuals are not trustworthy have always had ulterior motives in the past that its hard to believe that someone wont crack. Who do you feel is most likely to betray the rest and turn on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

The current nation of Krakoa has been established and relies on an unprecedented alliance between some of the most powerful and influential mutants on Earth. Everyone plays a role in sustaining the status quo and if one betrays the group, it could potentially compromise the integrity of Krakoa. Alot of these individuals are not trustworthy have always had ulterior motives in the past that its hard to believe that someone wont crack. Who do you feel is most likely to betray the rest and turn on them?
    The only one with an actual reason is Mystque as they are keeping Destiny away from Krakoa. The rest i can't really see what is in it for them other than taking over krakoa themselves but then it will fall apart. Either that or someone that just flat out hates other mutants or can't forgive a specific person. It would be like a human trying to destroy all of earth it's like "okay so where are you going to live now?"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Mystique or sinister

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sinister is already bored so I vote for him.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Mystique, I think she already did, while on the mission to destroy the Mother Mode.
    Besides, it’s Mystique, if she told me water was wet, I’d ask for a second opinion.

i suspect that Sinister already has betrayed them. but Shaw is also a prime suspect. he already gave mutankind the finger by funding the sentinel program.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The only one with an actual reason is Mystque as they are keeping Destiny away from Krakoa. The rest i can't really see what is in it for them other than taking over krakoa themselves but then it will fall apart. Either that or someone that just flat out hates other mutants or can't forgive a specific person. It would be like a human trying to destroy all of earth it's like "okay so where are you going to live now?"
    I think Shaw is already showing signs of betrayal with him playing chess with Emma in Maraurders. He set up Shinobi to believe that Emma and Kitty orchestrated his death. Its unclear if he truly believes that or lied to turn his son against them

Sinister. I dont think he can ever be trusted and I feel like he has no true lotalty to anyone or Krakoa. He's just going along with it bc of the resources it provides him but Im sure he has a contingency plan in case he feels like things will crack

Magneto. It depends on how hard humanity pushes them and they are already coming for Krakoa and mutantkind. I could see him saying F-- the laws and waging war without the council's approval

Vulcan. If his memories/persona post DG is restored, he would definitely want to destroy Krakoa out of spite

Mystique....thats obvious

Moira. I dont feel she can truly be trusted as well and there already were signs of dissention among she, Xavier and Magneto. Especially if Destiny is brought back (which was hinted), that would drive Moira to do her own thing out of desperation

Selene. Right now she has a symbiotic relationship with Krakoa but it was a huge risk placing her in charge of monitoring the feeding process bc they could have another Necrosha on their hands if she gets a taste of power again and decides she wants to be a god.

Many of the choices were thrown on there for some balance so its not just biased but I think there's some real motives

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Shaw is already showing signs of betrayal with him playing chess with Emma in Maraurders. He set up Shinobi to believe that Emma and Kitty orchestrated his death. Its unclear if he truly believes that or lied to turn his son against them

Sinister. I dont think he can ever be trusted and I feel like he has no true lotalty to anyone or Krakoa. He's just going along with it bc of the resources it provides him but Im sure he has a contingency plan in case he feels like things will crack

Magneto. It depends on how hard humanity pushes them and they are already coming for Krakoa and mutantkind. I could see him saying F-- the laws and waging war without the council's approval

Vulcan. If his memories/persona post DG is restored, he would definitely want to destroy Krakoa out of spite

Mystique....thats obvious

Moira. I dont feel she can truly be trusted as well and there already were signs of dissention among she, Xavier and Magneto. Especially if Destiny is brought back (which was hinted), that would drive Moira to do her own thing out of desperation

Selene. Right now she has a symbiotic relationship with Krakoa but it was a huge risk placing her in charge of monitoring the feeding process bc they could have another Necrosha on their hands if she gets a taste of power again and decides she wants to be a god.

Many of the choices were thrown on there for some balance so its not just biased but I think there's some real motives
    I could have been taking the question to literally i was thinking more betray Krakoa itself. breaking the law is not really the same thing.

Sinister is doing his experiments but they know he is, he may betray individual mutants for his own purposes but as you say the resources are far too great to just betray all that is Krakoa.

Shaw doesn't want to destroy Krakoa he wants more power, so while he is betraying Emma to get that power he doesn't want Krakoa to fall so i don't see him betraying the whole situation just vying for power within it.

Magneto may break the laws of Krakoa but i don't see him betraying Krakoa and all those children that worship him.

Vulcan- Do his other memories even exist? At the time Vulcan returned Xavier was powerless after decimation so he had no way to download him post revival. Though i guess he could be upset that Xavier sent his team to die but he brought him back and could bring back the others so i don't really see the point.

Moira has no real reason to betray Krakoa when it's her plan. I mean she could just kill herself and start over again if she really wanted so no real need for actual betrayal.

Selene i don't really know much about but i don't see the reason she would destroy something that is giving her an unlimited supply of energy to live off. She may turn it into a home base and try to enslave the other mutants but i don't really see whats in it for them.

Krakoa would work best for all of them as a headquarters rather than some betrayal but again i was thinking big betrayal to KRakoa and it's inhabitants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I voted Sinister but now that I'm thinking of it, I could totally see Mystique being first
    Make Good Art

BANNED

Mr. Sinister.

After reading “Incoming” he’s always doing some shadyshit

Well, Sinister and Shaw are always shady so their betrayal would be predictable but Mystique would be the most interesting as she would be kind of justified thanks to Moira's whole anti Destiny/precog resurrection bs.

I want to see Raven genuinely try to play nice at first, but then slowly get jaded when she sees that Charles and co. are conning her with regards to bringing back Irene. I'm here for the pathos.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If Vulcan will discover what Xavier did, then him for sure.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, Sinister and Shaw are always shady so their betrayal would be predictable but Mystique would be the most interesting as she would be kind of justified thanks to Moira's whole anti Destiny/precog resurrection bs.

I want to see Raven genuinely try to play nice at first, but then slowly get jaded when she sees that Charles and co. are conning her with regards to bringing back Irene. I'm here for the pathos.
    It's a glaring plot hole that Shaw was able to request his son return but Xavier keeps putting off Destiny and Mystique hasn't said anything on it yet. Especially when Mystique risked her life on the space mission and is a hero of Krakoa.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mystique is very obvious.

Sinister is another easy guess, he already screwed up things on another Moira live

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's a glaring plot hole that Shaw was able to request his son return but Xavier keeps putting off Destiny and Mystique hasn't said anything on it yet. Especially when Mystique risked her life on the space mission and is a hero of Krakoa.
    She will be appearing in X-Men soon. Hopefully all of this gets addressed there. Really need to see Mystique as a complex and sympathetic antagonist like Catra from the new She-Ra vs. 'Dat Cray Bitch' laziness that the writers resort to.