Page 126 of 439 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 6573

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It means something to US.
    If we want the brand to be expanded, these just can't be limited to fanservice for us.

I wouldn't have read Earth 2 and Earth 2 Society if Fury hadn't been it.

Well, I'm glad she got you to read it but it judging by the sales and reviews, not many people tuned in for Fury (who was a weird mish mash of Donna and Lyta Trevor).

The same is true for Young Justice with Cassie and Red Hood and the Outlaws with Artemis.
    Those two are good examples of what I am saying actually. They started out as characters in the Wonder Woman pages, their relationships with Diana were developed there and then they branched out.

By contrast, we never saw any relationship between Earth 2's versions of Diana and Fury because the former was dead and the latter wasn't even like the original Fury.

More is always more and always better than nothing.
    No it isn't. Not if "more" is handled incompetently.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If we want the brand to be expanded, these just can't be limited to fanservice for us.

Well, I'm glad she got you to read it but it judging by the sales and reviews, not many people tuned in for Fury (who was a weird mish mash of Donna and Lyta Trevor).

Those two are good examples of what I am saying actually. They started out as characters in the Wonder Woman pages, their relationships with Diana were developed there and then they branched out.

By contrast, we never saw any relationship between Earth 2's versions of Diana and Fury because the former was dead and the latter wasn't even like the original Fury.

No it isn't. Not if "more" is handled incompetently.
    I totally disagree, as I stated in the post above yours.

So if 5G will change. What about the boy who is suppose to be replacing Diana? I mean in all honestly hopefully Diana isn't mantle goes with Donna or Cassie. And the boy is a sidekick

I'm really hoping Diana isn't replaced in 5G at all. They're establishing her as immortal, she could be the link between the Golden Age and 5G. Plus, with Clark and Bruce both being replaced it'd be nice to have an actual member of the Trinity around.

But who knows what'll happen? Didio's gone and plans are being adjusted by AT&T is still supposedly supporting 5G.

I heard a rumor that Diana's replacement will be trans or something....and I gotta be honest, I hope that doesn't happen. I don't think DC has the skill to pull that off and make it good. It'd be interesting to read if they *can* do it well but....I dont think they can do it well. And Diana's the biggest female hero on earth (maybe the biggest female character in fiction) and I feel like making her replacement trans isn't doing anything more for representation than switching one minimized group for another. Make the new Batman a trans character instead, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well the changes are there. Jim Lee did say something. Well since last year there was a character design of a non binary character.

What do people think about Mala? I don't know I often found it weird with no other people her age she dating people who are ay older and helped raised her. I would at least like one person her age
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-27-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

What do people think about Mala?
    In my case, nothing. I don't know the character and don't know where it come from.

Mala is from Golden age and Pre crisis. She was Diana’s best friend. And one of the other kids

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm really hoping Diana isn't replaced in 5G at all. They're establishing her as immortal, she could be the link between the Golden Age and 5G. Plus, with Clark and Bruce both being replaced it'd be nice to have an actual member of the Trinity around.

But who knows what'll happen? Didio's gone and plans are being adjusted by AT&T is still supposedly supporting 5G.

I heard a rumor that Diana's replacement will be trans or something....and I gotta be honest, I hope that doesn't happen. I don't think DC has the skill to pull that off and make it good. It'd be interesting to read if they *can* do it well but....I dont think they can do it well. And Diana's the biggest female hero on earth (maybe the biggest female character in fiction) and I feel like making her replacement trans isn't doing anything more for representation than switching one minimized group for another. Make the new Batman a trans character instead, yknow?
    Although I wasn't a fan of the run overall, I thouht Wilson wrote Atlantiedies well. But overall I agree I wouldn't trust DC to do well with that overall across the span of other writers. But of course I'm diametrically opposed to replacing her anyway, with about the same amount of fervor as I am over the idea to replace Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Mala is from Golden age and Pre crisis. She was Diana’s best friend. And one of the other kids
    I see. It explains why i didn't know. I suppose if DC choose to write about i will see if i like her, but considering there was no kid on the island it seems unlikely they will, not under that background.

True. I do feel that maybe there should be some kids. Not a lot. This is due to kids being rescued by the Amazons. I also did havw a thought maybe some women and children get resurrected on the island. Like when the doom gate opens to keep their numbers stable.

IDK if these are controversial but...

The Zeus origin is dumb and turns her into a female Hercules. Her clay origin is unique in comics and I like that it uses the Goddesses considering they are often underrepresented or flat out ignored.

Phillipus and Athena should train Diana, not Antiope. I'm glad she is back, but I prefer her with the Bana.

I like the idea of Steve Trevor and Diana having a son, that Diana actually loves. He'd be a demigod and it be cool to see Damian and Jon, who is half kryptonian, interact with some one who is half god. I wanted a mini trinity with Jon and Damian, but Bendis happened.

Diana should just flat out be a Goddess, not a demi or an Amazon. She could be a minor Goddess, someone that can enter the same ring as Ares or Zeus but not on their exact power level.

Speaking as someone who is Bi, I didn't need Diana to be Bi to feel represented.

Diana should be 10 times more deadly with weapons and yet she's often worse with them. This became more apparent in the Nu52. I don't mind Diana using weapons, but like she should actually be shown to be a skilled warrior.

I don't like her using weapons 90% of the time but, some of her best stories involve them as the writer used them well (Rucka in particular). So, I don't want it to disappear, just like tone it down a few notches.

Diana's equipment should allow her to not really struggle with certain opponents. Like, I feel she could take Doomsday with her sword and shield.

The lasso constantly being downgraded isn't fun. People shouldn't just magically be able to get out of it.

She should use Lightning more often, Simone added that near the end of her run and I wish that stayed.

I always viewed Diana as DC's answer to Thor, in the modern age, so I feel DC should look towards writers that focus on epics or fantasy with a hero on a great adventure.

Mythology should be used in collaboration with Diana's golden age villains. EXAMPLES: Dr. Poison using Hydra venom/blood. Ares being an ancestor to Silver Swan and enhancing her tech with God magic. Nikos Aegeus being reintroduced as an arms dealer that specializes in Greek Myth weapons, while he keeps the real tools for himself(sandals of Hermes, gauntlets of Atlas, etc...).

Sensation Comics should comeback as main stay. Treat it like Action or Detective, focus more on Diana's world as side characters and let the main title focus on WW. This is a great place to focus on the Amazons and their culture outside of just being "warriors".

Diana should have her own "nine realms". Take the ancient Greek world map, put all the legendary tribes, people, places, and animals in it. Let Diana go exploring. Themiscyra is there too.

Diana doesn't show her intellect at all these days. This is someone who is "as wise as Athena" and doesn't have much to show for it. Athena was known for law, justice, civilization, mathematics, science, art and crafts, language, and of course warfare. Diana should be an expert in all these things.

Hephaestus, Hades, Persephone, Artemis(Goddess) and Hermes should be reoccurring characters in the book. They could "give out quests" and Hermes works as a surrogate brother imo.

She should never date Batman or Superman. They are too much like brothers for her in my eyes, so I never see it. And most of the time it only is ever there to show how cool Superman or Batman is for "banging" Wonder Woman.

This is more recent but, I'd love it if she could win a fight without constant reliance on side characters. This was a major issue for me in GWW's run and Robinson's run. Diana would be in a fight, then out of know where Jason or Maggie or someone will come in and "help" before Diana actually gets to show off that unconquerable warrior jazz that DC keeps telling me she has.

- and that's just off the top of my head -
    Last edited by Perseus; 03-27-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Also, she doesn't need to be weak to man made weapons like bullets to have tension. She can have a piercing weakness, just make to magic weapons. Man made weapons should not harm a Goddess. She could also have a weakness to unique poisons so, you know, Dr. poison could have some more relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Also, she doesn't need to be weak to man made weapons like bullets to have tension. She can have a piercing weakness, just make to magic weapons. Man made weapons should not harm a Goddess. She could also have a weakness to unique poisons so, you know, Dr. poison could have some more relevance.
    The issue is the fact she has survived certain things that should have pierced her like a bomb that went off. But even then that would make her a Hercules rip off. Hercule at one point did become a god. She has become a God.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-27-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The issue is the fact she has survived certain things that should have pierced her like a bomb that went off. But even then that would make her a Hercules rip off. Hercule at one point did become a god. She has become a God.
    I'm saying that man made things like bullets, bombs, swords, knives, etc... shouldn't harm her to begin with. If the bomb your talking about was the one at Etta's cousin's wedding, then that shouldn't harm her. Like... a regular sword made from steel should break on impact with her skin, but like a sword made from demon metal or something should be a real threat to her. She should be able to know the difference.

The Hercules RIP off was more speaking to the origin and her personality in the Nu52, not things like invulnerability or godhood. Yea, she was the Goddess of Truth, and then War in the Nu52. I mean that I feel Diana has evolved past being just another amazon, her origin makes her different from the others, enough to be way above them in abilities. Yet she doesn't control aspects of the universe like Zeus or Ares.