Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One thing I'm wondering about is how it would end.

Some writers just leave a book, even if stories are unfinished. This kinda happened with Brubaker on Captain America, where he had to be talked into writing a last issue.

For others, the departure is a big production. Loose ends are carefully tied up, and the hero faces challenges that have been built up over years. Mark Waid's current Daredevil seems to be a good example.
    My guess is with a fairly tidy wrap-up to Slott fixtures like Anna Maria, Horizon Labs (a Max Modell return seems likely soon), perhaps even a resolution of sorts to the Hobgoblin's current status quo. After he says adieu? Almost certainly another relaunch.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    As it stands, he's already written more Spidey comics than anyone else, with the exception of Michelinie; but Slott's very close and will surpass that mark, just with the comics already in the queue. He holds a small advantage over Conway and Lee, and a more sizable one over Mantlo, who I think would complete the top 5, unless there's someone from the 90's, closer to a hundred issues.
    Is there a reference somewhere? I was recently wondering how many issues of ASM and satellite tiles did Jim Mooney draw or ink? Or Sal Buscema? Or who has written the most stories? Is there a website with an unofficial tally somewhere?
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Is there a reference somewhere? I was recently wondering how many issues of ASM and satellite tiles did Jim Mooney draw or ink? Or Sal Buscema? Or who has written the most stories? Is there a website with an unofficial tally somewhere?
    The website spiderfan probably has the information you're looking for.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Not that I know of, I had to resort to some number crunching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The website spiderfan probably has the information you're looking for.
    That's a prime source for info, but the credits are very inaccurate, they count multiple stories inside a comic as multiple credits. As a result, Slott (for example) gets 231 credits, which is way over the number of Spider-Man comics he's written so far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Not that I know of, I had to resort to some number crunching.
    By my count, your numbers are way off across the board. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Bendis is actually the biggest Spidey writer, isn't he?

BANNED

Infinity doesn't count!

BANNED

Unless you can be more specific, apologies not accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Bendis is actually the biggest Spidey writer, isn't he?
    My guess is yes though with an asterisk since he has written the "alternate universe" version of Spidey with Ultimate and, even then, replaced Peter with Miles after a while. For Amazing Spider-Man (or any 616 Spidey), my guess is David Michelenie though Slott is very likely close to passing him soon if he hasn't already.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Slott has done some great stories, but I think it's time for him to leave Spider-Man. It's gotten to the point it's weird to see Slott's name on something not Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Slott has done some great stories, but I think it's time for him to leave Spider-Man. It's gotten to the point it's weird to see Slott's name on something not Spider-Man.
    I haven't read his Silver Surfer but I hear nothing but great reviews for that title; since it's launch, though, Slott has noticeably slowed down his Spidey output, recruiting help to keep it on it's 2x/month schedule. Whether this is a harbinger of things to come (his either leaving the title or handling a monthly Spidey book only) remains to be seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    For Amazing Spider-Man (or any 616 Spidey), my guess is David Michelenie though Slott is very likely close to passing him soon if he hasn't already.
    That's correct, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    My guess is yes though with an asterisk since he has written the "alternate universe" version of Spidey with Ultimate and, even then, replaced Peter with Miles after a while. For Amazing Spider-Man (or any 616 Spidey), my guess is David Michelenie though Slott is very likely close to passing him soon if he hasn't already.
    If we're also counting "alternate universe" takes, would we count Spider-Girl? That would certainly add to Tom DeFalco's already impressive resumé.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If we're also counting "alternate universe" takes, would we count Spider-Girl? That would certainly add to Tom DeFalco's already impressive resumé.
    I suppose we would but, as I said earlier, my thinking is "just " 616 universe Spidey tales because, to me anyway, Spidey is the Peter Parker of the 616. And, even though some great Spidey tales have been told (a lot of them, actually) in other universes this is what the question seemed to be centered around.