View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 372 of 619 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scemma was build (literally) on Jean's grave. What is your opinion on that? Jean was literally thrown under the bus
    You're confused. The majority of the student BODY was thrown under the bus. Then blown up.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    This is probably the best way of looking at it - I've long held I'd be happiest if all characters involved were simply treated with respect.

I agree about Whedon making the case for Scemma after Morrison.
    I agree even if they don’t end up back together romantically which would be ok (especially if they explore the characters in new relationships) it’s great to see their friendship again. Those two’s partnership and teamwork was always a formidable force and fun to to see in action.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I personally can't decide. I liked both Emma and Jean. I like them both for different reasons, but both genuine ladies, and solid relationships.

Emma's Introduction was twisted. With Morrison's Work, I either loved it or couldn't stand it. Rarely in the middle. His X-Men work I wasn't a fan of. Wheadon really turned me into a fan of the pairing. He had the good boy hooking up with bad girl angle perfectly. From there we got other good writers that made Scott and Emma's Relationship evolve.

I can understand why fans would passionately defend one relationship vs the other. I personally step back.

Me, I just hope one character doesn't get thrown under the bus from the writer due to a preference.
    When Morrison was putting Emma and Scott into play, I was actively rooting against it. Whedon was the one who turned it around for me as well. I just feel that it gives a voice to real life relationships (in a comic book exaggerated way ofc) that not all relationships are fairy tales, and a lot of work needs to be put in as well.
    I'm pretty ok with Scott and Emma going their separate ways, but this integrity argument doesn't work anymore since what came after the ugliness of the start was lots of sincere work put into the development of their relationship so that it felt earned in the eyes of fans like me.

It is really disgusting how people can ignore morals (or even common sense) for the sake of shipping. it is like a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostberg View Post
    When Morrison was putting Emma and Scott into play, I was actively rooting against it. Whedon was the one who turned it around for me as well. I just feel that it gives a voice to real life relationships (in a comic book exaggerated way ofc) that not all relationships are fairy tales, and a lot of work needs to be put in as well.
    I'm pretty ok with Scott and Emma going their separate ways, but this integrity argument doesn't work anymore since what came after the ugliness of the start was lots of sincere work put into the development of their relationship so that it felt earned in the eyes of fans like me.
    Since when Jott was a fairy tale? they had a ton of problems, people just buy anything Whedon and Morrison writes

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    It is really disgusting how people can ignore morals (or even common sense) for the sake of shipping. it is like a disease.
    Your baggage is showing.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Some of this might be more appropriate for the rectangle thread, especially when it has very little to do with Scott and comes off as hate.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

god please JDW make scott **** someone and be friends with the other so we can move on to cool NEW hickman stuff
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scemma was build (literally) on Jean's grave. What is your opinion on that? Jean was literally thrown under the bus
    This topic has been discussed so many times in so many threads so I'll only reply once or twice to this.

Personally I only stop by on this thread to check on Scott's Status, discuss a recent issue he appeared in, maybe answer a few questions for people asking, or maybe check out some fan art.

You're referring to the scene where Scott and Emma kissed each other next to Jean's Grave, correct?

If yes, of course I didn't like that scene. Nobody did. Beast scolded Scott for it. Wolverine (who tried to shag Jean) started a fight with Scott for the disrespectful act, and when Kitty was brought into the team, she accused Emma of mind controlling Scott (the page where Scott had to ask Emma that really wasn't happening was hilarious though)

When something bad happens to a character, it usually can't be written off in a few pages. Wheadon didn't just magically put Jean and Scott back together. A good writer practices damage control. Emma and Scott had a rocky beginning but like I said, it evolved to a point where every X-Man accepted it and Emma as a member. After Parallax, I didn't think it would be possible for Hal to redeem himself but thank goodness for Geoff Jones. A project like that took time

Mistakes happen. Also, Jean wasn't exactly Ms Perfect either. She cheated on Scott too.

Jean kissed Wolvie while married to Scott and Scott had an intimate telepathic affair with Emma. To Jean, a telepathic link like Scott had with Emma would be even worse than actually cheating on her physically whereas non psychic Scott would find Jean's fruitless flings with Wolvie equally offensive.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-05-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You're putting too much faith in covers, even because the one we have been told it's significant nas Emma right with them.
    Mark Brooks and CB both said everything on that promo was there for a reason, so who knows. It could mean Scemma, but with Jean right there it could mean Emma's trying to be in between Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This topic has been discussed so many times in so many threads so I'll only reply once or twice to this.

Personally I only stop by on this thread to check on Scott's Status, discuss a recent issue he appeared in, maybe answer a few questions for people asking, or maybe check out some fan art.

You're referring to the scene where Scott and Emma kissed each other next to Jean's Grave, correct?

If yes, of course I didn't like that scene. Nobody did. Beast scolded Scott for it. Wolverine (who tried to shag Jean) started a fight with Scott for the disrespectful act, and when Kitty was brought into the team, she accused Emma of mind controlling Scott (the page where Scott had to ask Emma that really wasn't happening was hilarious though)

When something bad happens to a character, it usually can't be written off in a few pages. Wheadon didn't just magically put Jean and Scott back together. A good writer practices damage control. Emma and Scott had a rocky beginning but like I said, it evolved to a point where every X-Man accepted it and Emma as a member. After Parallax, I didn't think it would be possible for Hal to redeem himself but thank goodness for Geoff Jones. A project like that took time

Mistakes happen. Also, Jean wasn't exactly Ms Perfect either. She cheated on Scott too.

Jean kissed Wolvie while married to Scott and Scott had an intimate telepathic affair with Emma. To Jean, a telepathic link like Scott had with Emma would be even worse than actually cheating on her physically whereas non psychic Scott would find Jean's fruitless flings with Wolvie equally offensive.
    I’d like to co-sponsor this bill with you.

Mighty Member

Just browsed thru the UXM19 Review thread because I can't be arsed to support Marvel at the moment, and daaaang: Fluffy called the Mystique twist a mile away. And, ugh, Emma wiping a tear away just sounds off--- having her turn diamond at the end of the diner scene would've been so much more in-character and badass. Anyway. Apart from Scott eating, I'm assuming there wasn't too much of anything this week? Just more of the usual?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

So back to Scott, Emma said he was eating 4,000 calories. Looks like she kept him on a diet when they where together lol. But really 4000 in one go xD and dude still slim

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    So back to Scott, Emma said he was eating 4,000 calories. Looks like she kept him on a diet when they where together lol. But really 4000 in one go xD and dude still slim
    Well he did recently come back to life around that time, and he was traveling! He must've been a hungry boy.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Well he did recently come back to life around that time, and he was traveling! He must've been a hungry boy.
    I have images in my mind of emma trying to get scott to eat his vegies wearing nothing her birtday suit on. Too much for my brain.