Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

No Surrender was a lot of fun and like others have stated it feels good to see the other heroes out of limbo, especially Herc and Monica, so I'll definitely be picking this up.

mikeb was clearly just confused why Voyager has clearly abandoned her duty. The answer to which no one currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    mikeb was clearly just confused why Voyager has clearly abandoned her duty. The answer to which no one currently has.
    As it seems to be a sequel, it's possible that Challenger escaped and Voyager needs the Avengers help.

Hopefully Monica can get lots of screen time and power stunts.

I want the Hulk to have a rematch with Zeus and win! yes, that would be the utmost..

so what other heroes are on the team?

Love the covers!

As with most, I am excited to get more Monica. I'd love to see another big cast but maybe not necessarily as big as No Surrender's cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Love the covers!

As with most, I am excited to get more Monica. I'd love to see another big cast but maybe not necessarily as big as No Surrender's cast?
    It theoretically shouldn't need to be as big as No Surrender. That was like 3-4 teams of Avengers, and basically every other Avenger available by the end. I'm guessing the point of this mini is to launch another on-going afterwards, so I wouldn't expect an army of Avengers in this one. But we'll see. Armies of Avengers aren't the worst thing in the world either.

I really enjoyed the last weekly event so I'm definitely up for this one as well. I dropped the main Avengers title after it's opening arc but this has a really interesting cast that I want to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I really enjoyed No Surrender so I'm happy to see this. And I like how Hercules-centric the preview is. Hopefully this new series does a little better of a job of spotlighting individual characters.
    It'll be interesting reading Herc consistently again considering how they're currently writing Thor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    No Surrender was a lot of fun and like others have stated it feels good to see the other heroes out of limbo, especially Herc and Monica, so I'll definitely be picking this up.
    All of this

2 of my favourites in a weekly

I'll definitely give it a go

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Rocket joining the Avengers isn't interesting, it's synergy
    I figured there was a logical reason for Rocket -- I was thinking continuity was the culprit. I'm just not a fan. And with both Hercules and Hulk on the same squad, I worry that the response to the challenges they face will be somewhat constrained, if not predictable. But who knows, maybe Hercules will be written like the demi-godly Swiss Knife and immortal jack of all trades that he is in legend.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I figured there was a logical reason for Rocket -- I was thinking continuity was the culprit. I'm just not a fan. And with both Hercules and Hulk on the same squad, I worry that the response to the challenges they face will be somewhat constrained, if not predictable. But who knows, maybe Hercules will be written like the demi-godly Swiss Knife and immortal jack of all trades that he is in legend.
    Yeah I like to see more of the clever tactician he was in his 12 labours myths, some of the clever ways he bested his foes were far more than just brute strength and I would be interested to see that aspect more

Ultimate Member

Monica's the one I'm most interested in seeing again, from those mentioned so far. Miguel's the one from No Surrender that I'd most want to see again.

Huh, my love for characters that transform into stuff (like energy or mist or stone or metal) is showing again... People who turn into light (like Monica or DC's Lazon) or electricity (like Miguel or the Superfriend 'Black Vulcan') are total favorites.

That said, Hercules is also fun. A sort of Falstaffian Thor, who, when Thor is around, kind of always ends up playing second fiddle to the guy who has all of his powers, and can also fly, control the weather, shoot zaps, travel through space, time and dimensions and whatever else the writer feels like letting him get away with this week.

I definitely would like to see more Janet, though. All the founding boy Avengers (who aren't dead, like Hank...) seem to have found cushy jobs waiting for them, but a sister (even one who *named the team*) can't land a break...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.

At least she isn't in limbo, being in the supporting casts of both Iron Man and Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not super excited to see Hulk in this, but probably for the opposite reason of most of the people in this thread.

Ewing has been killing it in Immortal Hulk, I'd rather not see a diluted, toned down (both in power and attitude) version of that character.

The fact that Ewing is one of the writers does give me a modicum of hope that that won't happen. The fact that there is multiple writers though...ehhhhh.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is this where Zub is gonna carry Vision behind the shed and deal with him?