Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Damian
    Dick
    Steph&Jason
    Tim

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I know this is opinion, but since there are people who confuse opinion with fact, why not do a subjective ranking based on how willing people are to name their child after the characters?

1) Grayson (66th most popular boy's name between 2010-2017 with 49,323 registered with the SSA)
    *I acknowledge I'm cheating here as Richard places at 138 with 22,540 boys registered with that name

2) Jason (76th most popular boy's name between 2010-2017 with 42,981 boys registered with that name)

3) Damian (110th with 28,189 boys named after him, and oddly, this is the one name that can be directly correlated in popularity with the character)

4) Timothy (131th with 23,670 boys registered with that name)

5) Stephanie (not how I'd rank her, but her name's prime is in the past, only 13,884 girls were blessed with the defender of all things purple moniker between 2010-2017 putting her at 182 in name popularity)

Neither Carrie nor Helena made the US Social Security Administration's top 200 most popular names for this decade.
    You realize its kinda ridiculous to atribute this to characters from a very small niche that nobody but a few geeks know about, right?
    Nobody ive known in my entire real life even knows theres more than 1 robin, let alone their names.

Stephanie. I loved her Robin/Spoiler solo, it's a shame they killed her off to promote her milquetoast sidekick.
    This isnt what happened. People that irrationally love or hate fictional characters should seek help. Not hide behind the pretext that this is what a fan is.
    Like i know you are trying to come off as funny, but it just puts in evidence your ignorance.
    Dixon had a bad break up with DC, meaning every piece of intellectual property Dixon had a hand at creating became a target. This meant Tim basically was left with no support characters, including Steph. They nuked bludhaven, they killed off Dana, they had steph tortured and killed and they laughed about it.

The book nosedived after she was written out of it, and looking at comichron.com, it appears I'm not the only one who felt that way.
    The book nosedived long before that. Lewis just wasnt very good at it. No Tim Drake fan liked what happened after Dixon left. Beechen had a couple good storylines marred with the poor decision of turning cass into a villain. It became good again once Dixon made it back, and stayed good during Niciezas and Yosts time. This is common knowledge.

I have a relative named Richard Grayson. It happens sometimes.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

1. Dick (though I wouldn’t revert him from being Nightwing)
    2. Tim (best candidate to be the main Robin)
    3. Jason (carved his own identity since returned)
    4. Damian (don’t think he works in main continuity)
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

As Robin:

1) Damian
    2) Dick
    3) Jason
    4) Steph
    5) Tim

Including Pre/Post-Robin Careers:

1) Damian
    2) Steph
    3) Jason
    4) Dick
    5) Tim

For me, Dick would always be Ricardo Tapia in my heart, because that how he was called when i first saw him in TAS
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    For me, Dick would always be Ricardo Tapia in my heart, because that how he was called when i first saw him in TAS
    What does TAS stand for because I want to read this.

BANNED

"The Animated Series?"

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    "The Animated Series?"
    oh. i guess it's time i watched that. Fans keep raving about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    oh. i guess it's time i watched that. Fans keep raving about it.
    My own record is just as spotty. I haven't even been able to watch "Doom Patrol" this season.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    My own record is just as spotty. I haven't even been able to watch "Doom Patrol" this season.
    Is that on the streaming service too? I don't watch a lot of Tv these days and keep meaning to look into how to get the DCSS here in England but I keep forgetting

Don't know if I can really rank them - cause I only know Grayson as Nightwing (apart from early Wolfman Teen Titans), Todd as Red Hood and Brown as Spoiler.

Obviously I'm well aware of Damien Wayne as the current Robin... but the once who's number one in my heart will always be Tim Drake. When I first got into comics properly it was just around the time he was making his debut. He will always be Robin to me.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

As Robin:

1) Damian
    2) Tim
    3) Dick
    4) Jason

Including Pre/Post-Robin Careers:

1) Dick
    2) Jason
    3) Damian
    4) Tim

Jason Todd as a character legit has done very well.
    Talk about comeback.
    I'm not sure how long the character's gonna last [lets face it kids age characters and DC likes a not ancient Bruce] but it'd be really sweet to see Damian manage what Dick and Jason have. Leave Robin behind to crave out his own unique identity. An identity that Fans embrace and truly love.
    As independent of Batman as DC has ever allowed the Family to be
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-14-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I know this is opinion, but since there are people who confuse opinion with fact, why not do a subjective ranking based on how willing people are to name their child after the characters?

1) Grayson (66th most popular boy's name between 2010-2017 with 49,323 registered with the SSA)
    *I acknowledge I'm cheating here as Richard places at 138 with 22,540 boys registered with that name

2) Jason (76th most popular boy's name between 2010-2017 with 42,981 boys registered with that name)

3) Damian (110th with 28,189 boys named after him, and oddly, this is the one name that can be directly correlated in popularity with the character)

4) Timothy (131th with 23,670 boys registered with that name)

5) Stephanie (not how I'd rank her, but her name's prime is in the past, only 13,884 girls were blessed with the defender of all things purple moniker between 2010-2017 putting her at 182 in name popularity)

Neither Carrie nor Helena made the US Social Security Administration's top 200 most popular names for this decade.

What's really fun—at least if you're a Damian fan or hater trying to figure out why Damian appears in everything, is all over the place, and writers and editors avoid saying negative things about him—is tracking his name's skyrocketing in popularity. In 2013, after his death in May, Damian spelt with an a shot to the top 100 boy's names in the US for the first time ever. Keep in mind, the plan was for Damian to stay dead as sites like this and other fandom places were full of his haters. Never mind that his comics were top sellers, and his presence in a comic guaranteed it would see a boost in sales, DC thought and planned on him staying dead. Hence, Harper Row's staring role in the Eternals.

As for me, Damian got me into comics, but I used to read all of the vintage Batman/Detective Comics/New Teen Titans as a munchkin, and bawled like the small child I was when I found out that the twenty odd bucks I and my various family and friends had scrounged up to save Jason hadn't worked so...

1) Jason. I just reread Detective 400 and remembered how much fun it was to roam the neighborhood parks and playgrounds with the neighbor kid pretending we were Jason and Talia. Jason's the only Robin to require me getting a tetanus shot, so he's obviously the best despite my adoration of Damian.

2) Tied between Dick and Damian. Classic Dick is so much like Damian at times it's hysterical. The fact that Bruce frequently randomly forgets about them for months at a time just is icing on the cake. Thanks to the joy of Comixology sales, I own most of Dick's appearances. Damian's the only one I generally pay full price for.

3) Stephanie. I loved her Robin/Spoiler solo, it's a shame they killed her off to promote her milquetoast sidekick. The book nosedived after she was written out of it, and looking at comichron.com, it appears I'm not the only one who felt that way.

4) The WAR kids. Boring book, but mildly entertaining.

5) Stephanie's sidekick, tied with Carrie, who's pretty cool but trapped inside Millerverse with the not so secretly a child molester Bruce Wayne. Luckily, she's a girl so she stayed safe in that regard unlike poor Jason and Dick.

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/d...ames2010s.html
    http://www.behindthename.com/name/ja...0&type=percent
    Ha ha. That's cute in a way. I think I would've like being you friend as a kid.