Page 268 of 782 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The man leads them to the main building and opens the door, revealing an antechamber with a sealed hatch. He turns the hatch latch and opens it, beginning to climb down the ladder revealed this way. He stops and motions them to follow before continuing on.

At the bottom is this room:

A commissary of some sort, with rooms further on. It’s a bit dirtier and worn than the picture shows, but it’s close.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The man leads them to the main building and opens the door, revealing an antechamber with a sealed hatch. He turns the hatch latch and opens it, beginning to climb down the ladder revealed this way. He stops and motions them to follow before continuing on.

At the bottom is this room:

A commissary of some sort, with rooms further on. It’s a bit dirtier and worn than the picture shows, but it’s close.
    "A cafeteria!" Sarada crowed happily. "Food! I'm starving!" She tiredly shambled around in search of something edible.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A cafeteria!" Sarada crowed happily. "Food! I'm starving!" She tiredly shambled around in search of something edible.
    Nothing registers at first. The man slowly walks to a cabinet and opens it, tossing three cans of unmarked foodstuff to Sarada.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Zaofan rubs his stomach and winces as Sarada rushes her search. "After all of that, all that blood and guts and gore, and you still want to eat? We all still smell of rotting flesh! Oh, the famous Saiyan hunger strikes again."

The chef then shrugs and, at a much lighter pace, joins the search, rummaging the cabinets. "Still, you're right, I guess. We spent a lot of energy fighting those things off. Best to replenish what we can. And Ishtar in particular, with all her blood loss..."

Nothing registers at first. The man slowly walks to a cabinet and opens it, tossing three cans of unmarked foodstuff to Sarada.
    Zaofan nonchalantly grabs one of the cans from Sarada. "Whoa, whoa. I'll give it back, I swear, but..."

Twisting it open, what he finds is unfamiliar. He gives it a sniff, and, unsure what it is, dabs the top with his finger to taste it by the tip of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan rubs his stomach and winces as Sarada rushes her search. "After all of that, all that blood and guts and gore, and you still want to eat? We all still smell of rotting flesh! Oh, the famous Saiyan hunger strikes again."

The chef then shrugs and, at a much lighter pace, joins the search, rummaging the cabinets. "Still, you're right, I guess. We spent a lot of energy fighting those things off. Best to replenish what we can. And Ishtar in particular, with all her blood loss..."

Zaofan nonchalantly grabs one of the cans from Sarada. "Whoa, whoa. I'll give it back, I swear, but..."

Twisting it open, what he finds is unfamiliar. He gives it a sniff, and, unsure what it is, dabs the top with his finger to taste it by the tip of his tongue.
    Going to Zaofan, Meagan passes to him her Food Capsule, "Use it only if absolutely necessary. We need to ration it until we have a better sense of how we are going to get back home. I trust you to know how to do that."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-14-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It tastes bland, like an MRE.

The man sits down, tired. He reaches up and slides the rifle off, setting it on a table, before grabbing a can and popping it open. He then pulls his helmet off, revealing himself, before going to eat his MRE.

Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The man sits down, tired. He reaches up and slides the rifle off, setting it on a table, before grabbing a can and popping it open. He then pulls his helmet off, revealing himself, before going to eat his MRE.

Choosing not to eat, Meagan instead goes to the man, "We did not come here of our own choice. Thank you for assisting us. If there is a way we can return the favor, if we can assist you, please tell us."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Choosing not to eat, Meagan instead goes to the man, "We did not come here of our own choice. Thank you for assisting us. If there is a way we can return the favor, if we can assist you, please tell us."
    The man slows slightly, but doesn’t look at her as he nods briefly. Just focuses on his meal. He seems almost...nervous...having you all here. His body is tense, his posture stiff. Not used to company, or other people.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The man slows slightly, but doesn’t look at her as he nods briefly. Just focuses on his meal. He seems almost...nervous...having you all here. His body is tense, his posture stiff. Not used to company, or other people.
    "Are you alone?"

"Yick, this is ... no, no, no. I realize this world is full of pain and despair, that taste may be a luxury in a place like this, but flavor is a necessity, a right. The body is built with the sense of taste for a good reason."

Zaofan takes out his trusty food capsule and takes out a few of the alien spices, sauces, and oils he had picked up from the Slaver's Asteroid some time ago. "I use these only for emergencies. And this stuff right here? It's an emergency."

He begins to sprinkle some experimentally, putting in dashes and dabs to try with each bite. But still, he eats nonetheless. "My friend, I'll be happy to share with you."

Going to Zaofan, Meagan passes to him her Food Capsule, "Use it only if absolutely necessary. We need to ration it until we have a better sense of how we are going to get back home. I trust you to know how to do that."
    Zaofan catches it with one hand. "Around 3 Saiyans, a Majin, and a Dino Man?" He stuffs the capsule securely in his pocket. "Keeping it away from one of them, sure. But five? THAT's a gamble."

"Assuming he can talk." He then walks over to the stranger.

Zaofan stands in front of him, offering a spice shaker and a sauce dispenser, and motions how to apply it to the food. He then sits next to the bearded figure. "You rescued us, friend. Thank you for that. But -- why? You could have easily left us for dead out there. We would be a drain on you and your supplies."

"..." Sasheem took a glance at the contents of the can and made a disgusted sneer. "So...last survivor, huh?" He asked, speaking further before he could receive an answer, "Y'know, if you ever wanna join your friends and family, Sasheem can get you there in a flash," he stated...jokingly?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Bland! That was worse than not tasting horrible.

Well, not really, not still. Still, she was starving and needed the energy, so she devoured the two remaining cans in her hand like a ravenous wolf, then snatched the can out of Zaofan's hand and poured its contents into her waiting mouth.

"What are you talking about? Nothing works up an appetite like a hearty battle! The bloodier, the better."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Are you alone?"
    He pauses again before responding. The voice is rough, the words clearly not spoken in a while.

“Yes ma’am.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Yick, this is ... no, no, no. I realize this world is full of pain and despair, that taste may be a luxury in a place like this, but flavor is a necessity, a right. The body is built with the sense of taste for a good reason."

Zaofan takes out his trusty food capsule and takes out a few of the alien spices, sauces, and oils he had picked up from the Slaver's Asteroid some time ago. "I use these only for emergencies. And this stuff right here? It's an emergency."

He begins to sprinkle some experimentally, putting in dashes and dabs to try with each bite. But still, he eats nonetheless. "My friend, I'll be happy to share with you."

Zaofan catches it with one hand. "Around 3 Saiyans, a Majin, and a Dino Man?" He stuffs the capsule securely in his pocket. "Keeping it away from one of them, sure. But five? THAT's a gamble."

"Assuming he can talk." He then walks over to the stranger.

Zaofan stands in front of him, offering a spice shaker and a sauce dispenser, and motions how to apply it to the food. He then sits next to the bearded figure. "You rescued us, friend. Thank you for that. But -- why? You could have easily left us for dead out there. We would be a drain on you and your supplies."
    He looks at the spice and sauce applicators, before slowly grabbing the spice one and pouring some on his food.

“Right thing. Right thing to do.” he says quietly, his hands clenching his food a little tighter. He stands quickly and opens a small container nearby, pulling out a green bottle before sitting down again and returning to his food. He sips the green water and keeps eating his food.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "..." Sasheem took a glance at the contents of the can and made a disgusted sneer. "So...last survivor, huh?" He asked, speaking further before he could receive an answer, "Y'know, if you ever wanna join your friends and family, Sasheem can get you there in a flash," he stated...jokingly?
    The man’s hand stills, clenches, then slowly he keeps eating. Ignoring Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM