Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

A very unexpected House of X book. Giving a little to those fans who want something different. I'm liking the current era, was living for it in the beginning but I've gotten a little bored, and I need something new and different. This plus SWORD is exactly what I need. Adam X the Xtreme has always fascinated me, I'm glad this is being explored. I just wonder if this is going to tie into the current Hickman run or if it's just adding richness to certain characters. I wonder if it's going to hang out in the '90s or bring characters out of obscurity and show where they are in this current era. So excited to see what Marvel has planned for this book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Also ew at Remy being Sinister’s kid. Just plain stupidity from the writers and fans who peddle that fan theory.

Nicieza already explained why Sinister would be obsessed with Remy due to all the time travel shit from his first ongoing.
    Fans have a weird thing that they always want characters to be related. just no, let characters be unique

This is the only X-Book I'm interested in.

Going by the cover, I'm assuming we'll get Louise Simonson's origin for Apocalypse and Ship, similar to the one we got in X-Factor Forever. I hope Claremont does something for his original concept of Mr. Sinister and Gambit. Erik the Red was always a complete mystery so I'm glad he has a prominent position on the cover because I'm very interested in what Claremont has to reveal about him. Wolverine will likely get his "true origin' from Claremont here, linked to Apocalypse.

I wonder if we'll get anything on Sabretooth being a clone, Rogue's origin, Nightcrawler's origin, Zaladane & Lorna Dane's familial link to Magneto, Kitty's connection to Illyana and the Soulsword, Jubilee's psychic immunity, and the mystery behind the Australian Outback base.

Are there even any dangling plot threads from the Kyle/Yost days? The only thing that comes to mind is Rahne and her baby with Asgard Wolf (can't remember the dude's name), but I'm assuming that was dealt with when she returned to Peter David's X-Factor?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If the line is so good, why is there a 'Hickman Sucks' thread?

Checkmate, atheists.
    The Sisterhood arc had monosyllables over 3 pages and Fraction was one of the stronger writers ideas wise in thar era. So in short people have short memories. I haven't thought every book as strong since 2006 ever so briefly round the Messiah Complex arc and Brubaker was the weakest link at the time.

Remember AXIS and Bota

This sounds terrible tbh. Would have still at least checked it out if not for Booth.

Incredible Member

In a just world this book wouldn’t even exist because it distracts from what Hickman and company are doing too much.

Also Claremont should just retire, imagine thinking anything he writes past like 93 is any good lol
    Imagine being this pretentious about your opinion.

Also ew at Remy being Sinister’s kid. Just plain stupidity from the writers and fans who peddle that fan theory.

Nicieza already explained why Sinister would be obsessed with Remy due to all the time travel shit from his first ongoing.
    Which itself was a retcon to Sinister being obsessed with Remy due to him being on the Marauders. You realize retcons happen right? In your other quoted post you're literally whining about how this series you don't have to buy would affect a run built off of a massive retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Fans have a weird thing that they always want characters to be related. just no, let characters be unique
    The characters were designed to be related, how about you let original designs play out?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If the line is so good, why is there a 'Hickman Sucks' thread?

Checkmate, atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This is the only X-Book I'm interested in.

Going by the cover, I'm assuming we'll get Louise Simonson's origin for Apocalypse and Ship, similar to the one we got in X-Factor Forever. I hope Claremont does something for his original concept of Mr. Sinister and Gambit. Erik the Red was always a complete mystery so I'm glad he has a prominent position on the cover because I'm very interested in what Claremont has to reveal about him. Wolverine will likely get his "true origin' from Claremont here, linked to Apocalypse.

I wonder if we'll get anything on Sabretooth being a clone, Rogue's origin, Nightcrawler's origin, Zaladane & Lorna Dane's familial link to Magneto, Kitty's connection to Illyana and the Soulsword, Jubilee's psychic immunity, and the mystery behind the Australian Outback base
    Dude I don't think these are gonna be retcons(some might) or rebooted origins. More like Untold tales from that era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    This sounds terrible tbh. Would have still at least checked it out if not for Booth.
    Yeaaah I'm still recovering X-Men/New Mutants Forever

Tbh judging from that cover, and the Summers Brother storyline I feel it's just gonna be a "legitimate" reasons to make new stories about the same white X-Men that they been using. Which isn't bad but hardly anything exciting So....
    Whopee!??!
    Last edited by BroHomo; 11-10-2020 at 07:50 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

This sounds like it could be fun, although I imagine it'll be a mixed bag depending on the writer. I'm totally down with writers getting to tell little side stories they never got to tell,and tying up loose plot threads. Although it'd be especially nice if some lesser-known characters got more time in the spotlight, instead of packing the series with the usual suspects. I guess that's what they're going for with Adam-X in the first issue. I'll certainly check it out, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought they were reviving the games for a second .
    Same man, same... Was wondering if it'd be a game using Krakoa, or at least elements of it.

Yeah, sure, it can still be considered too early for that, but it'd be nice to have an X-Men Legends game and use something recent... Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It would indeed be interesting in retrospective and given what the current status quo has retconned to be Cerebro's main purpose. Too bad "The Hunt For Xavier" falls into that spot between 1997 and 2000, which is one of these "Does anybody remember this time? Did anything happen?" periods for many X-men readers and writers it seems.

A4093EE7-9AA2-40FD-B5FC-315120EF21A0.jpg

7044F6A2-E61B-4267-9151-0CB38789466B.jpg

2EE62562-7536-477D-910E-704C84D70F3B.jpg

This is from uncanny X-men #360. cerebro made “tech chimeras” this is

Xaos who was patterned after cyclops and havok

Cool

one of the stories i would like to see claremont write

Magneto Vs Shadow King(UXM 275)

we know this story is coming.......

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Ah, Moira's other hidden life.

I mean isn't this continuity basically destroyed once Hickman came on board, so how can it be "in continuity"?

Moira changed everything once she came to Charles earlier than she was supposed to.

Seriously, I legitimately do not know.

u can end this series on this note.. with Moira's fake death story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Ah, Moira's other hidden life.

I mean isn't this continuity basically destroyed once Hickman came on board, so how can it be "in continuity"?

Moira changed everything once she came to Charles earlier than she was supposed to.

Seriously, I legitimately do not know.
    No, it isn't. it was a retcon