Page 275 of 772 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I still don't get what your saying. Thor controls weather in one way despite how strong it is. Storm on the other can manipulate and create and infinite amount depending on where she is. So i guess i'm just going to step away from this because yeah. Legion is a power manipulator because he can call about an infinite amount of powers Storm can create and manipulate an inifinite amount of Storm's including Thor's but whatever makes you feel good i guess.
    All this you have said is true, he is ultimately beneath her capacity with the weather. But the thing is that Thor's showings are soooo impressive it makes it hard to gloss over him. Let's hope the goddess keeps getting her home runs as she deserves.

Fantastic Member

I always thought that Storm could create Weather effects even when there weren't the resources, she would only resort to that if it was necessary like the with Jovian pressure, but of course doing something like this requires much more of her and could damage the ecosystem where she is since it's operating beyond his limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if you find please share it. I thought I posted it a while back but I can't find if now:/

in it she talks about being a young girl and being a fan of storm. she mentioned she used to collect the cards.
    You did it was through that I got to know Janet was such a massive fan I am going back to precious post but I still can't find it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    All this you have said is true, he is ultimately beneath her capacity with the weather. But the thing is that Thor's showings are soooo impressive it makes it hard to gloss over him. Let's hope the goddess keeps getting her home runs as she deserves.
    See we don't get to see this often because she is always concerned with balance and the types of enemies she faces. she doesn't need to create lightning to destroy a universe pillar because why? what scenario has she ever been in where such a thing would even be necessary lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I always thought that Storm could create Weather effects even when there weren't the resources, she would only resort to that if it was necessary like the with Jovian pressure, but of course doing something like this requires much more of her and could damage the ecosystem where she is since it's operating beyond his limits.
    I mean on that we do not know yet from the scan it looks as if storm herself doesn't even know her true capabilities. But as of now she can break the laws of nature at the expense of the environment yes.

BANNED

See we don't get to see this often because she is always concerned with balance and the types of enemies she faces. she doesn't need to create lightning to destroy a universe pillar because why? what scenario has she ever been in where such a thing would even be necessary lol.
    Yh you are right I think that's why many of us really are happy she is going to space so she can be challenged to push past her comfortzones. I mean I will like to see her manipulate a nebula but I guess I am dreaming too big

Storm CANNOT create weather effects without the manipulation of existing energies/forces; there are conditions where she has broken the natural balance but she does this knowing it can do irreparable damage to the environment:

Thor doesn't have to worry with balance or any of that. He can actually create storms and weather effects from nothing. He isnt working with existing forces/energies as storm does.

I'm not comparing their output of raw power. as you said in theory the weather display of storm should eclipse Thor as she is an omega.
    But natural energy is always around us. There is no existence without energy so there is always energy for her to create a storm. So in that way i don't get what your saying. Thor summons magical storms so he doesn't effect the natural balance of things. Storm lives on earth, would you destroy your home? Storm can create weather effects on her own which is the definition of an omega.

Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register – or reach – an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification. ... Note: Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level.

In weather manipulation no one can bend and control the actual natural forces of the universe to create weather and because of that those conditions will always be unique and unmatched in their breath. destroying a universal pillar i guess is nice but it doesn't do anything for me if i pit that against electrolysis for storm or storm destroying a universal pillar i will take the electrolysis 8 out of 10 times.

Thor and Storm just don't take anything away from each other. It's like apples and oranges. On the Divine power alone that is magic. Then if you get into a debate you'd have to bring in his now human/phoenix mother and then it's just all over the place. lol. That's not even touching the page you posted where it flat out says her gift is to control any storm. They can both exist.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I think this scan perfectly describes what's going on with her powers:

she can for instant create a jovial pressure field in a given area but doing so could damage the environment to catastrophic conditions if care isn't utilized.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Interesting chat.

On the comparison with Thor I agree with Kyss. I think this is the biggest distinction between their weather manipulation powers.
    Even with the jovian pressure field Storm was still working w/ natural existing elemental forces but applied it in a way that is unnatural to the earth. Thor (not sure if I’ve ever seen him manipulate pressure) isn’t tied to the available materials in the atmosphere. He can produce weather effects that will manifest the same way no matter where he is vs Storm’s powers adapt/manifest effects based on what is in the environment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Interesting chat.

On the comparison with Thor I agree with Kyss. I think this is the biggest distinction between their weather manipulation powers.
    Even with the jovian pressure field Storm was still working w/ natural existing elemental forces but applied it in a way that is unnatural to the earth. Thor (not sure if I’ve ever seen him manipulate pressure) isn’t tied to the available materials in the atmosphere. He can produce weather effects that will manifest the same way no matter where he is vs Storm’s powers adapt/manifest effects based on what is in the environment.
    That's the thing aside lightning and wind I don't think he can actually manipulate the weather just manifest those effects anywhere any time. His most ultimate expression of his power is a cosmic thunderstorm which is just a subset of weather manipulation. Like I said storm can manipulate nebulas to create a lot of things Thor can't.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh you are right I think that's why many of us really are happy she is going to space so she can be challenged to push past her comfortzones. I mean I will like to see her manipulate a nebula but I guess I am dreaming too big

she's technically already done this with the galatic core but I'm all for seeing it again.

But natural energy is always around us. There is no existence without energy so there is always energy for her to create a storm. So in that way i don't get what your saying. Thor summons magical storms so he doesn't effect the natural balance of things. Storm lives on earth, would you destroy your home? Storm can create weather effects on her own which is the definition of an omega.

Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register – or reach – an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification. ... Note: Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level.

In weather manipulation no one can bend and control the actual natural forces of the universe to create weather and because of that those conditions will always be unique and unmatched in their breath. destroying a universal pillar i guess is nice but it doesn't do anything for me if i pit that against electrolysis for storm or storm destroying a universal pillar i will take the electrolysis 8 out of 10 times.

Thor and Storm just don't take anything away from each other. It's like apples and oranges. On the Divine power alone that is magic. Then if you get into a debate you'd have to bring in his now human/phoenix mother and then it's just all over the place. lol. That's not even touching the page you posted where it flat out says her gift is to control any storm. They can both exist.
    Can storm make it rain/snow in the Sahara desert? Yes she could but to do so would require her warping energies/forces in a way that do not naturally exist there and it could adversely impact other areas. Thor could make it rain/snow in the desert simply by creating it. He wouldn't have to pull energies/forces (or moisture) from surrounding ares. He would just make it.

Not to sound like that person but it doesn't really seem you understand how her powers work. the definition of what makes an omega doesn't explain how her powers function. Storm powers has always been as manipulating energies/forces resulting in weather:

She is "creating" it but not from nothing as Thor can do.

We are saying the same thing. This isn't to say who is better, its just explaining the differences in how their powers work. Again, it doesn't really seem like to me that there is a clear understanding on how her powers work from what I'm seeing in your post.

she's technically already done this with the galatic core but I'm all for seeing it again.

Can storm make it rain/snow in the Sahara desert? Yes she could but to do so would require her warping energies/forces in a way that do not naturally exist there and it could adversely impact other areas. Thor could make it rain/snow in the desert simply by creating it. He wouldn't have to pull energies/forces (or moisture) from surrounding ares. He would just make it.

Not to sound like that person but it doesn't really seem you understand how her powers work. the definition of what makes an omega doesn't explain how her powers function. Storm powers has always been as manipulating energies/forces resulting in weather:

She is "creating" it but not from nothing as Thor can do.

We are saying the same thing. This isn't to say who is better, its just explaining the differences in how their powers work. Again, it doesn't really seem like to me that there is a clear understanding on how her powers work from what I'm seeing in your post.
    Actually it seems like you aren't. Your whole reasoning seems to be on the basis that Thor can produce weather conditions on earth without hurting the planet but Storm would hurt the planet. Okay? Is there something on the omega list that says omega mutant powers don't have any side effects so again i don't see what your saying. Storm limits herself in earth as to not hurt the planet that doesn't mean she has limits It means she respects balance and doesn't want to kill people for no reason. So i don't understand what that has to do with anything it doesn't make sense. Yes, Thor can summon Storms. Yes, Storm can do more but it would hurt the environment if she chose to. Okay? What does that mean?

But just to touch on one point. thor is pulling his energy from somewhere. It may not be the surrounding area but the principle of energy is that it can not be created or destroyed only converted so he is moving it from wherever he got it chilling. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-19-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Interesting chat.

Hey boo!!!! Beautifully said and I agree with your breakdown.

Question for you: how do you rationalize storm being an omega weather manipulator when Thor exists? I've heard from others but not sure I've ever heard your thoughts on this.

BANNED

I don't think kyss is saying they can't exist together more or less highlighting the difference between them. Thor's weather is brutal unforgiving not a thing of beauty it's meant to destroy. It's simply a thunderstorm but storms weather is well infinite while Thor is limited to the elements of a traditional thunderstorm, storm can create and control a storm made out of machines. Storm is only limited by what is available and from giant size it is clear that this is not true and that she can use even machines to create weather. The only limitation on her is the environment thing that is what kyss is trying to highlight is that Thor can make it rain in space but storm can't or will find it difficult to do so because there isn't enough water for precipitation.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-19-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Actually it seems like you aren't. Your whole reasoning seems to be on the basis that Thor can produce weather conditions on earth without hurting the planet but Storm would hurt the planet. Okay? Is there something on the omega list that says omega mutant powers don't have any side effects so again i don't see what your saying. Storm limits herself in earth as to not hurt the planet that doesn't mean she has limits It means she respects balance and doesn't want to kill people for no reason. So i don't understand what that has to do with anything it doesn't make sense. Yes, Thor can summon Storms. Yes, Storm can do more but it would hurt the environment if she chose to. Okay? What does that mean?

But just to touch on one point. thor is pulling his energy from somewhere. It may not be the surrounding area but the principle of energy is that it can not be created or destroyed only converted so he is moving it from wherever he got it chilling. lol
    The comparison really is simple. Its "create" versus "manipulate." Thor creates weather but Storm is manipulating energies resulting in weather. It's why we can see her do things that have absolutely nothing to do with weather control, such as surfing on water, shutting down someone's brain, manipulate ocean currents.

Thor isn't pulling energy he is making it. He's not manipulating energies like Storm. He is simply creating weather. remember he's a god.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-19-2021 at 02:00 PM.