Page 276 of 772 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The comparison really is simple. Its "create" versus "manipulate." Thor creates weather but Storm is manipulating energies resulting in weather. It's why we can see her do things that have absolutely nothing to do with weather control, such as surfing on water, shutting down someone's brain, manipulate ocean currents.

Thor isn't pulling energy he is making it. He's not manipulating energies like Storm. He is simply creating weather. remember he's a god.
    So you just answered the question i think was there. Thor creates weather or rather summons it because if he is not converting natural energy into a storm he is bringing it forth as it exists from somewhere else while Storm is manipulating the very forces of nature as they exist in what ever environment she is in to manipulate and convert them into weather. she is an omega because no one ccan do what she does, taking down a universal pillar wouldn't say anything about that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I don't think kyss is saying they can't exist together more or less highlighting the difference between them. Thor's weather is brutal unforgiving not a thing of beauty it's meant to destroy. It's simply a thunderstorm but storms weather is well infinite while Thor is limited to the elements of a traditional thunderstorm, storm can create and control a storm made out of machines. Storm is only limited by what is available and from giant size it is clear that this is not true and that she can use even machines to create weather. The only limitation on her is the environment thing that is what kyss is trying to highlight is that Thor can make it rain in space but storm can't or will find it difficult to do so because there isn't enough water for precipitation.
    exactly friend. I don't think I once even implied they both couldn't exist. lol. just simply explaining how her powers work.

funny thing is it took me a bit of time when I first became a fan to truly get what the heck her powers were doing. I even had more knowledgeable fans, including windrider, set me straight on a lot of things. so I get it. I love these discussions because the more we do the better we all understand our beloved Omega-Level Mutant Goddess!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

I've been thinking, and if the criteria for defining an omega isn't just past feats, but also what's to come. IIRC the prophecy of tarot cards in XOS is still a thing and since Storm got the death card (which can also represent change and metamorphosis) maybe the biggest change Storm can receive is in relation to her powers, I mean something like a elemental form, a "perfect Storm" in which her self-imposed limits are no longer a problem or in some way it suffers a retcon to not have those limits anymore.
    that would make sense to me since the X-Office for decades was reluctant to make Ororo an omega cause they saw no reason for Storm to be one despite some OL feats like Trion and Galatic Core.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I've been thinking, and if the criteria for defining an omega isn't just past feats, but also what's to come. IIRC the prophecy of tarot cards in XOS is still a thing and since Storm got the death card (which can also represent change and metamorphosis) maybe the biggest change Storm can receive is in relation to her powers, I mean something like a elemental form, a "perfect Storm" in which her self-imposed limits are no longer a problem or in some way it suffers a retcon to not have those limits anymore.
    that would make sense to me since the X-Office for decades was reluctant to make Ororo an omega cause they saw no reason for Storm to be one despite some OL feats like Trion and Galatic Core.
    her tarot card was death? what did that mean again? I honestly forgot all that stuff as the entire run was so underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So you just answered the question i think was there. Thor creates weather or rather summons it because if he is not converting natural energy into a storm he is bringing it forth as it exists from somewhere else while Storm is manipulating the very forces of nature as they exist in what ever environment she is in to manipulate and convert them into weather. she is an omega because no one ccan do what she does, taking down a universal pillar wouldn't say anything about that.

where are you getting he has to pull storms from somewhere else? like did you read that somewhere?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Ohhhh yh I have a theory that storm at her most ultimate will become an elemental being that comprises the universal energies and forces that determine weather and can interact with any energy or matter source to create weather effects from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohhhh yh I have a theory that storm at her most ultimate will become an elemental being that comprises the universal energies and forces that determine weather and can interact with any energy or matter source to create weather effects from anything.
    I really want her to become a full elemental. that would be amazing but I dont think they have it in them to do that. what form would you want her to take? lightning, gas/air, water?

her tarot card was death? what did that mean again? I honestly forgot all that stuff as the entire run was so underwhelming.

where are you getting he has to pull storms from somewhere else? like did you read that somewhere?
    So Thor's power is to pull storms out of thin air and then just make them disappear. Well he definitely has storm beat on tradition earth weather since his seem to look the same across all plains but I feel you were completely missing my point what does any of that have to do with omega. They are still completely different and he is still only using one kind of storm which is his limit. Despite how powerful it gets the physics of it seems shaped.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hey boo!!!! Beautifully said and I agree with your breakdown.

Question for you: how do you rationalize storm being an omega weather manipulator when Thor exists? I've heard from others but not sure I've ever heard your thoughts on this.
    I think their powers, while overlapping in the ways their powers manifest, are fundamentally very different and belong in their own categories. Its almost like I wouldnÂ’t really call ThorÂ’s power weather manipulation because its more like weather manifestation. Lightning, wind, rain (even raining fire), etc. where ever he is it will all manifest the same way with no environmental factors playing a role. That just feels like a fundamentally different powerset vs what Storm does.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

So Thor's power is to pull storms out of thin air and then just make them disappear. Well he definitely has storm beat on tradition earth weather since his seem to look the same across all plains but I feel you were completely missing my point what does any of that have to do with omega. They are still completely different and he is still only using one kind of storm which is his limit. Despite how powerful it gets the physics of it seems shaped.
    Yes finally you get it! Yes that is exactly what I've been saying beloved lol

Fantastic Member

BANNED

That's the thing he can only summon thunderstorms he cannot summon even the full span of entire season's worth of weather. He can't summon blizzards, tsunamis, sandstorms...etc. he can only create a thunderstorm as he is just the god of thunder. In terms of actual weather versatility storm has him greatly eclipsed as she has practically no limit to the different types of weather she can make.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think their powers, while overlapping in the ways their powers manifest, are fundamentally very different and belong in their own categories. Its almost like I wouldnÂ’t really call ThorÂ’s power weather manipulation because its more like weather manifestation. Lightning, wind, rain (even raining fire), etc. where ever he is it will all manifest the same way with no environmental factors playing a role. That just feels like a fundamentally different powerset vs what Storm does.
    I think this breakdown is the best one I've seen because it clicked for me when I read it. thank you very much for your insight as always. love the distinction weather manifestation versus manipulation. excellent point.

oh thank you. I forgot about all of that. it seems with her leaving marauders we are witnessing live what her new beginnings will be. maybe she joins bp permanently lolololol.

I still don't get what your saying. Thor controls weather in one way despite how strong it is. Storm on the other can manipulate and create and infinite amount depending on where she is. So i guess i'm just going to step away from this because yeah. Legion is a power manipulator because he can call about an infinite amount of powers Storm can create and manipulate an inifinite amount of Storm's including Thor's but whatever makes you feel good i guess.
    Thor manipulates the weather through magic, i.e...he can make a snowstorm in space. While Storm has to use the physicals material (water, electro-magnet field, air etc...) around her o psionically create weather effects. Magic pretty much breaks all the rules of the universe allowing Thor to create and dismiss weather system wherever he is at. Storm on other hand, can only use her weather powers if there enough raw material for her to manipulate.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I really love this rendering of storm. it very much has a retro 70s feel for some reason to which makes me like it more

BP last issue preview