Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brainy1313 View Post
    Guess I'm a minority of one here but I thought the issue was awesome! A really, really fun issue. Got your money's worth with all the action. And the artwork was amazing! Credit to Berrnard, Mayer and Sotomayor for some incredible layouts and all around colorful, dynamic, exciting visuals. Even Guggs writing was pretty good this issue. And yeah, Kitty has most of the great moments but since I love Kitty that's fine by me! Meanwhile, Logan gets to do what he does best! I did think the issue made a insightful point about religion and worshipping god, point being that a divine being is better as a philosophical construct than a flesh and blood entity. Augur was hoping for some profound wisdom, enlightenment, but it turned out that Scythian was nothing more than Godzilla. Also, question- Did Kitty give Logan tacit permission to kill Kologoth? I mean, she knows Logan too well to not know that's exactly what he was going to do. But it comes off as a little cowardly that she left it unsaid like that.
    kitty has had the greatest moments for 19 issues in a team book. you don't see any issue in that seriously? I'm all for kitty getting shine but this is beyond ridiculous.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundowhn View Post
    nineteen issues in, and the book still revolves around kitty.

At this point, they need to just put her in a solo and see if it sells, rather than holding an entire team hostage to this.
    lmfao!!! 😂😂😂

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So did Nightcrawler get to do anything at all either? Last I saw he was in shock of the thing coming alive. Or should I just wait for Xmen red to see if he gets some action.?

This was a solid issue. X-men Gold may not have as many impactful moments as some of the other X-books, especially with Phoenix Resurrection going on right now, but it's still a quality book that sets a high bar. I like how things are unfolding with Kitty and Colossus. I also like that this arc is tapping more of the sci-fi elements of X-men, which are often a lot of fun. I think between this and all the other ongoing plots in the X-books, it adds a nice bit of balance to the mix.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nope kinda forgot she was in the team. honestly it's hard to remember anyone is on this team save kitty.
    Untrue... Ocasionally Logan has time to shine.

Also, is it just me or does the red and black costume really work with OML?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This was a solid issue. X-men Gold may not have as many impactful moments as some of the other X-books, especially with Phoenix Resurrection going on right now, but it's still a quality book that sets a high bar. I like how things are unfolding with Kitty and Colossus. I also like that this arc is tapping more of the sci-fi elements of X-men, which are often a lot of fun. I think between this and all the other ongoing plots in the X-books, it adds a nice bit of balance to the mix.
    Not bad but for a flagship book expected more. Although it is possible that X-men Red take this place.

Despite the criticism continues to sell well in relation to others titles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Felt like Ink had the second most panel time. Was Armor still there?

Yeah, Armor appeared. But she was drawn really badly this issue and didn't do much except spout a few lines of dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol Colossus is the team's second in command over Storm.
    Ororo chose not to be a leader, remember. She feels that she failed in IVX. The X-Men only won because of Moon Girl and Forge building a gadget to eliminate the t-mist and Medusa basically waving the white flag by activating it. She was going to leave the X-Men completely (probably intended to go to Wakanda), but after handing the school over to Kitty, Kitty's first action was to persuade her to stay.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-04-2018 at 07:39 AM.

BANNED

The art was ok, I liked the way it was drawn. But as for Story didn't really like it, I mean Scythan is just a Giant walking Monster nothing about him made him seem like a God(But whatever). If it was that easy to kill that Alien Gay Nazi dude whatever his name was. That should happened before the giant monster awoke.

It was just meh that's all I can say.

this was completely terrible. the worst x-men book i have read in a very long time.

what is guggenheim doing? the team does not mesh. ink is glaringly out of place. armor knows how to fly already, she learned from beast in astonishing x-men.

what are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    and yet he is still her lapdog.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

and yet he is still her lapdog.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    Really don't like how bossy & stuck up Kitty is now....especially when she starts directing Ororo now....I miss the fun nerdy Kitty who was alot of fun to read...this book feels like "Kitty & team" book - only reason I tolerate this book is the hope that Rachel gets some good development upcoming
    She's not being bossy, she's being a leader. You might think it's bossy but that's what leaders do, lead.

kitty has had the greatest moments for 19 issues in a team book. you don't see any issue in that seriously? I'm all for kitty getting shine but this is beyond ridiculous.
    I'm not talking about the other 18 issues, only this one. And yes, I have a lot of problems with this series but issue #19 was hands-down amazing. Just look at the layouts and artwork, honestly look at it, and tell me it's not incredible. The one panel of Scythian falling into the black hole is so mesmerizing and haunting, one of the best panels I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by brainy1313 View Post
    She's not being bossy, she's being a leader. You might think it's bossy but that's what leaders do, lead.

I'm not talking about the other 18 issues, only this one. And yes, I have a lot of problems with this series but issue #19 was hands-down amazing. Just look at the layouts and artwork, honestly look at it, and tell me it's not incredible. The one panel of Scythian falling into the black hole is so mesmerizing and haunting, one of the best panels I've ever seen.
    if you are talking about the art it's nice but good art isn't enough to redeem subpar storytelling. The "god" didn't seem like a god but more like Godzilla, the fighting and pacing was rushed, and as always the team of seasoned xmen members can't seem to figure it do anything unless kitty is there to guide them. However if you enjoyed the issue that great but I think many of us are ready for this book and this team to be dissolved.