Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

SO emotional, lately. ...

Everything is good in the world.

You are safe.

Being alone is harmony.

You are GiFTED.

You are in control. ... (repeat)...
    That constant audio 'therapy'-cum-conditioning in the background was a nice, if thoroughly unsettling, touch. Kudos to N&T on that, and MUCH more:

"WE ALL HAD TO GIVE THINGS UP...

... IT'S THE ONLY WAY DREAMS CAN LAST."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I have it on my headcanon that the real reason Nate forbid sex and love is because he's angsty over his own lust/love/mommy issues for Jean lol.
    Well, obviously. That isn't the only reason, but it's a reason. Plus, it's not like he was ever thay involved with the X-Men in the first place. The guy is mad that no one paid a ton of attention to him.

BANNED

While everybody got varying chances to shine, LOVED the Magneto & Jean moments the most. And while I'm less familiar with X-23 & certainly NG compared to the others, I enjoyed them both in this, more than I thought I would. Celebrity Nightcrawler continues to make his mark, and leave an impression. Colossus & Storm were on point as well, if more subtly so. X-Man was heroically commanding & suitably frustrating at the same time, and more than slightly sinister, in his dealings with Laura. Like how the tone increasingly shifted from standard fun to disturbing undercurrent, throughout. The clinical creepiness of the Pod Hatchery was a fitting tribute to this AoXM world as a whole, as was NG's procreation & romance questions to Jean. Finally, come the Apocalypse, and I'm READY! Oh, and I'm into big ol', fuzzy Fungus, NG looks good on him. He's more teddy than grizzly, it seems, so I hope he stiX around.

BANNED

I have it on my headcanon that the real reason Nate forbid sex and love is because he's angsty over his own lust/love/mommy issues for Jean lol.
    It complements nicely the whole concept of the artificially created children, like him and Laura, being more efficient/powerful than their parents and his jump to the conclusion that everyone should be like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    ... Can't we get the writers to take charge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    ... Hope they have a future x-men book after age of x-man because this issue is way more superior than...
    Soon enough, me thinX.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I really enjoyed this. Especially enjoyed the solid teamwork displayed here...
    Same here, liked the 2x2's we got:

• X-Man & Storm
    • Colossus & NG
    • Jean & Mags
    • 'Crawler & X-23

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Apocalypse could be either a "bug in the Matrix"... Maybe he's too much of wild card to have any actual control exerted over him... an antagonist for his team and to keep their minds busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    Yea, I like the bug in the system theory. ...
    En Sabah Nur, the dubious distraction, that will lead to AoXM unravelin'.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ... why on earth would she feel cold from the rain?...
    Not from the rain, but from the drain... of doing it, was my take. It left her a lil' emptier, and chilled. Being at peace all the time, she's not used to eXerting that much effort, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    ... seems like Nate isn't totally omnipresent. ... doesn't seem like he knows every little thing about his own world.
    'Cause maybe it isn't his world, at least not entirely. Maybe he's just another player in the game, a controlling player who has his head in the game, but ultimately a pawn of the program nonetheless. Ya know, he's just living in his own dream, and actin' accordingly. Thy will is not your own, 'cause it's at the mercy of your environment... so it sorta is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Apocalypse and Evan might be immune in some way
    Kitty has phased through reality before
    Eye-Boy can see everything
    Dazzler..... is an experienced dimension hopper
    Them X-tracts be the BOMB!... That'll break fake reality.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... The fact that not even any animals died in the wildfire is a sign that it was produced.
    But who's in the director's chair?

I wonder if it's new character Unveil, who's broadcasting Apocalypse's MESSAGE of LUV?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

WHat happened in X-Man #69 (nice) ?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But who's in the director's chair?
    aox2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    WHat happened in X-Man #69 (nice) ?
    Pretty much what Nate said happened re: meeting an alternate reality version of himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

He met another X-Man and got some memories in an alternate reality where Jean Grey was pretending to be Madelyne Pryor. I don’t like almost anything in the Counter X X-Man run but I do like the thought that there are many Nate Grey’s in other universes and they’re not doing this bearded/braid shaman thing.

Anyway, looking over this, I hope Nate right now is just possessed by the Nate-998 with slightly worse hair who gave him some memories/insanity/vocation/a seed of an idea to let his hair get too long. (he got his tattoo out of meeting that guy, too)
    Last edited by xman; 02-06-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I see there’s an X-Man up there with just an X on the back of his head so you know what’s up. I like it; also liked Bedlam’s white dyed x’s on the side of his head, also in Counter X. Counter X was mostly a bust but there were some cool moments and it was decompressed as hell (so respectful of my time) and the last five issues of Generation X were v. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    While everybody got varying chances to shine, LOVED the Magneto & Jean moments the most. And while I'm less familiar with X-23 & certainly NG compared to the others, I enjoyed them both in this, more than I thought I would. Celebrity Nightcrawler continues to make his mark, and leave an impression. Colossus & Storm were on point as well, if more subtly so. X-Man was heroically commanding & suitably frustrating at the same time, and more than slightly sinister, in his dealings with Laura. Like how the tone increasingly shifted from standard fun to disturbing undercurrent, throughout. The clinical creepiness of the Pod Hatchery was a fitting tribute to this AoXM world as a whole, as was NG's procreation & romance questions to Jean. Finally, come the Apocalypse, and I'm READY! Oh, and I'm into big ol', fuzzy Fungus, NG looks good on him. He's more teddy than grizzly, it seems, so I hope he stiX around.
    I liked that Jean said that it was Apocalypse, Genesis, and Kitty Pryde running the movement. It makes me wonder if both Kitty and Apocalypse have memories of the original universe and working together even though they despise each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    aox2.jpg
    Pretty much what Nate said happened re: meeting an alternate reality version of himself.
    HA, you so clevAH! 8D

And thank the comiX godZ & godeZesseZ for AoXM, as it looks like Uncanny continues to UNimpress:

... at least in comparison.

Alpha did well digitally, as well:

... bless you, T'n'N.

I hope Zac and Lonnie are getting one of the main books after the inevitable relaunch that's coming after this. And hopefully that'll be the one with Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I liked that Jean said that it was Apocalypse, Genesis, and Kitty Pryde running the movement. It makes me wonder if both Kitty and Apocalypse have memories of the original universe and working together even though they despise each other.
    I could really get into some heavy, frenemy friction between them, as it could provide endless entertainment. Poor Kitty'd be pullin' her hair out, while ESN would be laughin' @ & mockin' her. We'd be sure to get some juicy, one-liner put-downs out of it, to say the least.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-06-2019 at 07:43 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Went back and finished. Pretty good work considering they had no bad guys to work with until Apoc shows up.
    8/10
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I hope Zac and Lonnie are getting one of the main books after the inevitable relaunch that's coming after this. And hopefully that'll be the one with Jean.
    Editorial has banked like 6 months of needed revenues on their ideas already. I say barring a total flop of this alternate reality story, they will have a book. I think we will need to look to Uncanny to see Jean though.