Page 707 of 782 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717757 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat's muscles show signs of severe fatigue and her Ki energy is extremely low.

Eva and Kai start doing what they can for her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva and Kai start doing what they can for her.
    Cyanna returns, seeking out Dash and the others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Whisper vs Cythlla is next, but the swordsman backs down after examining the voidling.

“Sorry, but I got a better offer.”

He nods to the large red robotic swordsman who’s up next, and will be her opponent if he wins the next bout.

Bell vs Kenbo is next. Bell is clearly the stronger, and is easily manhandling Kenbo until the swordsman stops time and rings her out. She seems startled that he had this ability, and the crowd starts talking about how he’s clearly the favorite to win.

The next round is called. Meg Luna vs the Deathstalker.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The blast dies down and a mostly unhurt Totoma and Parsley, and a barely singed Dash, are revealed. Koolard’s remains are gone.
    The explosion died down, revealing that Parsley's quick-thinking paid off. The hybrid's remains were gone, as was their lone connection to the Doctor. "Tch." Her eyes glanced over and found Dash nearby. She was alive, if not barely singed.

"There's nothing left here," she stated. "Now we know the ends that Doctor means to reach, and how far he's willing to go to reach them." She stepped over and held a hand out to help Dash up.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Being bitter rivals The Orpheus Clan and the Mazkiya Clan were always fighting over territory. The Luue Clan on the other hand were a clan warriors who didn't much care for the Orpheus Clan and Mazkiya Clan's bricking . The Luue Clan saw themselves as the mightiest of all the clans and viewed the other three clans as being weak. As for the Oilvibar Clan they were the wisest of the clans and they sought to find a peaceful resolution to end the feud between the Orpheus and Mazkiya clans, " Althena said to Blizzar from the GP trancer on her shoulder at a infrasound frequency.
    "Excellent, keep on talking! Louder if you can!" Blizzar asked of Althena, unable to hear her.

Incenio yells, stumbling back. There is not much room in the elevator and Blzlizzar finds himself free of the paralysis, his ki back, but now a pissed off Incenio is here with him.

Incenio lashes back and for shand to hand to tail with Blizzar, his power suddenly revealed as he starts overwhelming the GP man.
    Blizzar began to power up himself. "Now, no need to get testy, old boy..." Blizzar reprimanded. "You wished to know the power of an Arcosian of my caliber..." Blizzar retorted, holding his arms up over his face to assist in deflecting Incenio's attacks. "And now you shall!" the lieutenant bellowed, his power level rapidly increasing.

"But, it's not simply power that will bring about your downfall..." Blizzar continued, looking for an opening in Incenio's movements before he counterattacked by jabbing at his sides with the rapid punches of his Fierce Flicker. "My technique is unmatched! You could access a hundred more forms and would be no match for my fists!"

Astonishing Member

She shudders.

“He’s looking.....for the strongest. I...won last tournament. Invited back and he...he captured me. Said he wanted...wanted my zenkai.”

She shakes her head.

“I...I was next. So much......screaming....”
    Held stared blankly at Saiyan warrior as she made sense of it all with a mere sentence.

"...This was all a gambit?" Held said simply, almost in shock from the revelation, "The entire tournament was....An experiment?"

It all clicked into place. The bodies surrounding the others were most likely other winners of previous tournaments. The Saiyans Zenkai, the eyes and heart of the Nevadian...Whatever Incenio had taken from the Namek was likely much the same.

He's doing some sort of genetic or biological engineering?

"...So the prize was just bait for big fish, huh?" Held asked himself with a wry laugh, before turning to the woman, "And I guess you were lured in by the gem as well."

The Nevadian rubbed his forehead, deep in thought. What to do now? "But how in the hell is he going to take your Zenkai? Nevermind just taking all sorts of bio--"

It was far too much, far too fast.

He breathed deeply, clearing his mind. Motive and Method didn't matter.

"Chris, this is what you wanted, isn't it? Wake the others, we'll figure out how to get them out from there."

He turned to Althena, "Did Blizzar say anything yet?"

His frown deepened as Althena appeared to randomly be serenading Blizzar with trivia about her people and home planet, going on and on, and....She probably didn't even hear Held, and Blizzar likely put his transceiver on the floor at this point.

"Okay. Nevermind then."

How are we going to do this? If we tell the others, there's a chance that pandemonium will break out...Half the other fighters likely wouldn't care what Incenio does as long as they get their prize...The other half look like battle crazed maniacs who would still fight for the hell of it....It's too risky to just reveal everything and kick down the door to Incenios hideout...

He sighed. But, he couldn't just let his own teammates run into a trap unprepared.

Meagan? He focused his mind on her.

Forget it. Stay put. But the whole tournament's a game. The Winner apparently gets carved up for experimentation. I'm with the previous champion right now...She's seen better days. Two other Champions are corpses.

He racked his mind. Who had joined the tournament again? Sarada? She wouldn't care what the setup was, so long as she could fight. Charco? He'd care possibly even less than Sarada would.

Chythlla? Held had absolutely no idea what to make of that....thing...person...

Do me a favor and keep it to yourself. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it, I think.

He turned to the Saiyan woman once more, smiling with a slight bit of effort.

"...I probably should introduce myself. I'm Held Debon. And you are....?
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-22-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Sarada feverishly rubbed her hands together. The third round had just begun, which meant that there was only one fight left until she got to fight again.

It also meant that there were only a few more minutes until she got to replace E. Bekon's teeth with her knuckles.

Hurry up and win, Meagan. I want to fight again, she thought impatiently to herself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held stared blankly at Saiyan warrior as she made sense of it all with a mere sentence.

"...This was all a gambit?" Held said simply, almost in shock from the revelation, "The entire tournament was....An experiment?"

It all clicked into place. The bodies surrounding the others were most likely other winners of previous tournaments. The Saiyans Zenkai, the eyes and heart of the Nevadian...Whatever Incenio had taken from the Namek was likely much the same.

He's doing some sort of genetic or biological engineering?

"...So the prize was just bait for big fish, huh?" Held asked himself with a wry laugh, before turning to the woman, "And I guess you were lured in by the gem as well."

The Nevadian rubbed his forehead, deep in thought. What to do now? "But how in the hell is he going to take your Zenkai? Nevermind just taking all sorts of bio--"

It was far too much, far too fast.

He breathed deeply, clearing his mind. Motive and Method didn't matter.

"Chris, this is what you wanted, isn't it? Wake the others, we'll figure out how to get them out from there."

He turned to Althena, "Did Blizzar say anything yet?"

His frown deepened as Althena appeared to randomly be serenading Blizzar with trivia about her people and home planet, going on and on, and....She probably didn't even hear Held, and Blizzar likely put his transceiver on the floor at this point.

"Okay. Nevermind then."

How are we going to do this? If we tell the others, there's a chance that pandemonium will break out...Half the other fighters likely wouldn't care what Incenio does as long as they get their prize...The other half look like battle crazed maniacs who would still fight for the hell of it....It's too risky to just reveal everything and kick down the door to Incenios hideout...

He sighed. But, he couldn't just let his own teammates run into a trap unprepared.

Meagan? He focused his mind on her.

Forget it. Stay put. But the whole tournament's a game. The Winner apparently gets carved up for experimentation. I'm with the previous champion right now...She's seen better days. Two other Champions are corpses.

He racked his mind. Who had joined the tournament again? Sarada? She wouldn't care what the setup was, so long as she could fight. Charco? He'd care possibly even less than Sarada would.

Chythlla? Held had absolutely no idea what to make of that....thing...person...

Do me a favor and keep it to yourself. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it, I think.

He turned to the Saiyan woman once more, smiling with a slight bit of effort.

"...I probably should introduce myself. I'm Held Debon. And you are....?
    Before entering the arena, Meagan gave him a simple, psychic acknowledgement. The news put a whole new spin on the tournament, a twisted, sickening spin. But she managed to keep her emotions in check. There was a lot riding on this. Her winning, or perhaps Sarada, or the Voidling, may save many lives.

The second beam strikes, and a struggle occurs but, with surprise on his face, the blue beamsowly overtake Whis and slams into him.

With a grunt and curse, Solarius falls out of the arena, a bit crispier but alive. He looks up and shakes his head.

“Dang it.”

He stand and brushes himself off as Charco is declared the winner.

“That was stupid. I knew better than to get into a beam fight, but I thought I had surprised you.”
    "Ha! To be fair, I pulled that last one out of my ass. Never used it before." Charco said, hopping down from the ring to offer his opponent a hand up.

"You'll have to show me what you're really made of next time."

Default I wasn't here in a timely manner. But if I *was*, I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Across the planet, some few others also intercepted the blasts. Samson Balon, the last Tiger, Adam, Shiro and Midori, Jack, Kai, etc.......(one mysteriously vanishes that was headed to Capital City. Grinthorn smiled at it).

Between a list of allies and antagonists, the cities are spared.

Koolard, however..........

Perhaps he would have had a chance to block or dodge, but a certain Majin had distracted his focus at just the wrong time. The Spirit Bomb strike strue, right into his back, and a massive explosion engulfs the hybrid.

When the light fades away, the hybrid cannot be seen or sensed.

But neither does the chaff. The detonation and SasheemÂ’s grinding across it has caused a catestophic chain reaction. The chaff cannot resist so much damage and eventually just....expires.
    By the spread of their collective strike, everything converged onto Koolard in an instant. The Doctor's third living weapon stove to complete what his ill brethren had started, seeking to seize on their weakened moment.

When the Genki had left him, Ochazuke could only hover in the air, exhausted. The gathered sum of wills weighing upon him lost their heft, and in the instant the cyborg spitefully turned his attention to bystanders, the very thing that he thought was clinging to himreleased their hold. The ten-thousand whispers voiced their dissent. They spread their hands wide. Supporting behind him, they became his strength as they pushed him forward.

The Earth's unheard voice. Gathered to a silent mass, the Doctor heard them shout back. And when he saw the rising lights over the spread of cities on the horizon, he knew, for the moment, this battle was over.

In the woods, a ruined torso greets them. One arm gone, no legs, half a head, and pretty much no skin left. Mechanical devices pull and constrict the torso, moving it away from them. A familiar cybernetic core, like GlaciaÂ’s, can be seen nearly destroyed. KoolardÂ’s cybernetic heart is badly damaged and seems on the verge of giving out.

A baleful one-eye gaze swivels towards them. From the broken mouth, a new voice speaks.

“Well done. I did not expect two super Saiyans. What a wonderful surprise.”

The Doctor is speaking through KoolardÂ’s remains.
    Koolard's assault was over, and with the curtained suspension that sealed their planet away shattered, their gateway to return had been nullified.

Yet the Chaff arose to shroud passage onto a blind path. Without it...

From this distance, the linkage through the psychic relay revealed that not all was quite as it seemed. A clearing in the woods...

A burning surface over familiar roots which sunk deep into the Earth. It answered my plea...yet still I must ask for more. Establishing Muhen Seikai Keihatsu, shoulders sagging in mid-flight, he strained to concentrate as his meditation field re-established itself.

“Not robbery, just.....a reset. A do over. You should know all about those, Parsley. A second chance was given to you, that is all I am seeking when you get right down to it.”

A bitter chuckle follows.

“The dragon balls.........no, none survive. Earth’s are gone, Namek’s are lost to me, and I wasted years seeking others out.”
    The Doctor spoke, his fallen creation less a minion and more a vector. He spoke of loss, of second chances, and starting over. A man who had realized everything from his exemplary genius. Having experienced the power of a wish, he knew there was something even he could not grasp. When at last he needed his answered, when at last he had no answers, he reached for something more.

A man who created life stole from his creation its will and its purpose. He called it his resolve.

Kei'i-Ken.

To realize his ambition, all else would fall before his.

Ochazuke increased his focus, the resonance of the Earth empowering his skill of Kyokushin Keihatsu.

The Chaff was gone, the gateway had been closed. But the Doctor's view still saw that tether that stretched along a path of misery, a figment of a vision he communicated he would know.

Tracing the source connection between Koolard, the Doctor, and the myriad of energy signatures he'd come to know well these recent days, Ochazuke sought to uncover the space between spaces. Pursuing knowledge of the unknowable, he began to trace the nature of the Doctor's presence, and by this uncover the means find where - or when - he was located.

Banjakuza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    In hindsight, Parsley should have seen it coming. He was being far too forthcoming about his master plan; too much so if he planned on letting them go. And why would he let them go; they were, after all, much stronger than he anticipated, and critical to foiling his intentions.

The explosion was massive and powerful. Just from a casual initial scan, she wasn't sure if she was going to survive or not.

No, she could, but the others wouldn't. Dash definitely, being as close to the epicenter as she was. In fact, she was the closest.

Damn it.

No more time to waste. Every action had to lead directly and fluidly into another. Any wasted motion was going to waste what precious seconds she had left.

Parsley dashed toward Dash and pushed her. With every ounce of her Super Saiyan strength, she shoved her through the woods and away from the explosion. Her movements placed her directly in front of Totoma. Her aura flared, a bright golden fire fighting against the overwhelming white of Koolard's and the Doctor's final act of desperation. That flame shimmered with a white glow that tinge its outer edge.

The reflective properties of her Ultra Reflection technique wrapped themselves around her, extending as far as aura could to protect both herself and Totoma and push the explosion back on itself. With hope, she was in time and they would both escape without injury. If not, well, at least they would still get a zenkai.
    As she barely registered the danger she was in, and before she could consider a defense of some kind, Dash felt herself being push. Pushed hard enough to send her flying just as the explosion occurred. Her body in involuntary flight backwards towards the woods, she instinctively used her aura as protection as the path she took went through some thick brush before she landed hard on the ground. As she was pushed, the heat of the explosion caught her on the side of her face, turning the multicolored ends of her hair dark and burnt, as well as reddening her cheek like a bad sunburn. As she landed, she took stock of her condition. Beat up a little, but alive. It took her a moment to realize it was Parsley who saved her.

The explosion died down, revealing that Parsley's quick-thinking paid off. The hybrid's remains were gone, as was their lone connection to the Doctor. "Tch." Her eyes glanced over and found Dash nearby. She was alive, if not barely singed.

"There's nothing left here," she stated. "Now we know the ends that Doctor means to reach, and how far he's willing to go to reach them." She stepped over and held a hand out to help Dash up.
    The other cheek reddened slightly as she took the Sayian Princess' hand and let her pull her up. Landing on her feet, "Ah owe you one. That was some mighty impressive quick thinkin', thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The other cheek reddened slightly as she took the Sayian Princess' hand and let her pull her up. Landing on her feet, "Ah owe you one. That was some mighty impressive quick thinkin', thank you."
    Parsley nodded, then stepped away. "Don't mention it. I hope I won't have to collect any time soon." With that said, she began to float upward, intent on returning to the Lookout. Before she left, she had one thing to ask. "What's this about Meagan being pregnant?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley nodded, then stepped away. "Don't mention it. I hope I won't have to collect any time soon." With that said, she began to float upward, intent on returning to the Lookout. Before she left, she had one thing to ask. "What's this about Meagan being pregnant?"
    Dash brushed herself off quickly then levitated upward as well, joining Parsley in the air. "Yeah, funny thing is, Meagan didn't even know. Not until the day of the wedding. Lady Reimi was the one who told us. Sensei has some pretty amazing friends, including one who has some sort of seeing into the future power. Ah guess she got a heads up then rushed over to Earth 'fore things went to heck here. Kind'a why Cya and I tried to keep Meagan from doin' somethin' dangerous. Ah figgure she can't be more then a month along, maybe less."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash brushed herself off quickly then levitated upward as well, joining Parsley in the air. "Yeah, funny thing is, Meagan didn't even know. Not until the day of the wedding. Lady Reimi was the one who told us. Sensei has some pretty amazing friends, including one who has some sort of seeing into the future power. Ah guess she got a heads up then rushed over to Earth 'fore things went to heck here. Kind'a why Cya and I tried to keep Meagan from doin' somethin' dangerous. Ah figgure she can't be more then a month along, maybe less."
    Parsley paused amount to reflect on the answer she was given. Meagan didn't even know she was with child until her... what was it called? Wedding? That moment. Her master was informed by someone who could see into the future of her pregnancy, and rushed over to Earth to tell her. Interestingly, she chose not to divulge any other more pertinent information to them, such as the attack by the cybernetic beings and Koolard.

Alas, it was too late to be worked up in that regard.

"So, she's a month pregnant and still fighting." She nodded appreciatively. "Saiyan women continue fighting up until a day before they go into labor. For the most part, we regard the entire thing as a bothersome inconvenience. No reason to stop our routine just because we're carrying a child."

In fact, her own mother was in the middle of a conquest when Parsley was born. Literally, she slaughtered a village minutes before going into labor. That, as hindsight so helpfully pointed out, was a bad thing. Having a newborn in the middle of an active warzone, plus being weakened from a lengthy childbirth, left her vulnerable. Luckily, her father was there to kill anyone who got any foul and murderous ideas.

Thinking on it, being born in the middle of a war explained a lot of who Parsley was during her formative years. She wasn't the first to be born in such a situation, and certainly not the last - though that trend was no over, thankfully. Still, there was nothing more quintessentially Saiyan than that.

"A commendable action for a warrior, but I doubt her mate would agree. Is he aware?" She had a feeling he didn't, given he wasn't even aware they were due to be paired until less than an hour before said thing happened.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley paused amount to reflect on the answer she was given. Meagan didn't even know she was with child until her... what was it called? Wedding? That moment. Her master was informed by someone who could see into the future of her pregnancy, and rushed over to Earth to tell her. Interestingly, she chose not to divulge any other more pertinent information to them, such as the attack by the cybernetic beings and Koolard.

Alas, it was too late to be worked up in that regard.

"So, she's a month pregnant and still fighting." She nodded appreciatively. "Saiyan women continue fighting up until a day before they go into labor. For the most part, we regard the entire thing as a bothersome inconvenience. No reason to stop our routine just because we're carrying a child."

In fact, her own mother was in the middle of a conquest when Parsley was born. Literally, she slaughtered a village minutes before going into labor. That, as hindsight so helpfully pointed out, was a bad thing. Having a newborn in the middle of an active warzone, plus being weakened from a lengthy childbirth, left her vulnerable. Luckily, her father was there to kill anyone who got any foul and murderous ideas.

Thinking on it, being born in the middle of a war explained a lot of who Parsley was during her formative years. She wasn't the first to be born in such a situation, and certainly not the last - though that trend was no over, thankfully. Still, there was nothing more quintessentially Saiyan than that.

"A commendable action for a warrior, but I doubt her mate would agree. Is he aware?" She had a feeling he didn't, given he wasn't even aware they were due to be paired until less than an hour before said thing happened.
    Dash shook her head, "We all decided to wait til the chaff thing was finished, an maybe this whole alt-Jinzi thing. Jinzi has a whole lot of other things on his mind. Ultimately, the decisions as to when is up to Meg. Ah figgure She'll probably tell him when she gets' back."