Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is to late to change the name to be honest, regardless if it is good or bad.

Spectacular Member

Are we going too far with political correctness? What's next? Changing Men in Black to People in Black? If Hollywood decides to make a Watchmen movie reboot, should we call them Watchpeople and Minuteforce?

I will always refer to Xavier's team as the X-men. They can't force us to stop calling them that.
    Last edited by DCCoolness; 06-12-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    Are we going too far with political correctness? What's next? Changing Men in Black to People in Black? If Hollywood decides to make a Watchmen movie reboot, should we call them Watchpeople and Minuteforce?

I will always refer to Xavier's team as the X-men. They can't force us to stop calling them that.
    ma is it that serious

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ma is it that serious
    yes entire worlds are dying watching jennifer lawrence try to deliver those lines
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

4 movies of JLaw as Raven. Lawd.

They couldn't find other nudist?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yes entire worlds are dying watching jennifer lawrence try to deliver those lines
    that was more than serious, that was a war crime. bishop has nothing on her

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't think its outdated. the usage of "men" is meant to include both/all genders. it's the same as if someone would refer to women and men as "they." sometimes there is a thing called being too PC and this is one of them. leave the name and team as they were created: the xmen.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-12-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post

of course we are. these little pc problems are honestly not that big of a deal and are most likely brought up by people who don't read comics, but are just looking to rile up the masses

Lightbulb

I'm sure someone else has already posted this but just call them "X-People" instead, assuming a change is even necessary.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    of course we are. these little pc problems are honestly not that big of a deal and are most likely brought up by people who don't read comics, but are just looking to rile up the masses
    But why are people getting riled up? As far as I know, there isn’t like a petition or organized rally to get the name changed. It’s literally just someone’s opinion on the name. There is no way it’ll actually be changed, but that shouldn’t mean a discussion on why that name may affect some people a certain way can’t happen. It’s a contradiction of rhetoric that claims that being too PC results in censorship when the only thing really getting censored is that same opinion that gets people mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm sure someone else has already posted this but just call them "X-People" instead, assuming a change is even necessary.
    In the MC2 Universe, Jubilee did rename the team the X-People. Most of the comments I've seen on that have said the name change felt dumb.

I already predicted a few weeks ago in some thread here that we would see an end to the name “X-Men” with Hickman coming in. (Not because of Hickman mind you, I just think that the timing makes sense now).

Now consider this tagline for uncanny X-men 22...
    “It all ends here. This is forever!”

Could this tagline be referring to the name “X-men”?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But why are people getting riled up? As far as I know, there isn’t like a petition or organized rally to get the name changed. It’s literally just someone’s opinion on the name. There is no way it’ll actually be changed, but that shouldn’t mean a discussion on why that name may affect some people a certain way can’t happen. It’s a contradiction of rhetoric that claims that being too PC results in censorship when the only thing really getting censored is that same opinion that gets people mad.
    When people aren’t using the internet to stir ****, they use it to test their sense of humor on a low-risk audience.

What’s the internet even for if not getting pointlessly angry about something trivial that’s not even happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    What’s the internet even for if not getting pointlessly angry about something trivial that’s not even happening?
    uh looking at adult amateur hidden cam videos..

or so I hear