Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And you wonder why people thought you were saying that writers who are fans of Emma don't have any talent. Because that's literally what you're saying.
    I just don't see it. Specially with Fraction I read hawkeye and sex criminals

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What hsi mean? that Jean will be always behind because X-office only hire Emma's shill?
    Because for sure justice isn't pravailing on x-books for 20 years
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-20-2019 at 04:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m think we won’t see any of Eye Boy or Nature Girl or Ziggy Karst or Rico!
    Never heard of those last two. People need to get over Z-List fixations. I have a few, but love them for their splashes not because they should be mainstream.

We don't even know what happened to Mondo.
    I think his most recent appearance was at New Tian during Secret Empire.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I haven't read an X-Men ongoing as it was coming out since...ever. This clean start with a writer I greatly like is definitely exciting, especially as it is a passion project for him and the comparisons to the other major milestones are definitely encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma stan writers doesn't have a good story with treating Jean well: Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, Pak.
    While I'm sure she won't be treated like trash, I bet she will be just a bland character moving from a to b
    Jean's my favorite X-Man, and Morrison is my favorite writer for her, so if Hickman channels Morrison I'm fine with it. Him preferring Emma, if he did, didn't erase the fact that she was pretty much the main heroic figure throughout the run. I don't care that he killed her (and didn't editorial force him to because she was too powerful?) because dying and returning is what Phoenixes do. It's editorial's fault for taking so long to bring her back. She's also practically everywhere in these promos, so I'm sure she will have plenty to do.

Also, what is a "stan" and how is different from just...a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I haven't read an X-Men ongoing as it was coming out since...ever. This clean start with a writer I greatly like is definitely exciting, especially as it is a passion project for him and the comparisons to the other major milestones are definitely encouraging.

Jean's my favorite X-Man, and Morrison is my favorite writer for her, so if Hickman channels Morrison I'm fine with it. Him preferring Emma, if he did, didn't erase the fact that she was pretty much the main heroic figure throughout the run. I don't care that he killed her (and didn't editorial force him to because she was too powerful?) because dying and returning is what Phoenixes do. It's editorial's fault for taking so long to bring her back. She's also practically everywhere in these promos, so I'm sure she will have plenty to do.

I think Morrison wrote her ok, but wrote things to make her a big loser. that outweight any good writing he made.
    Editorial didn't forced him to do anything, he wanted to kill her because he wanted to right Claremont dark phoenix. For Morrison Jean should never ever went back to life.
    Editorial was just making his will true. Morrison wasn't any good for Jean

Are Jean stans the horse girls of the X-Fandom?

Let the age of Aunty Emma begin.

Is all going to be like that MA movie xD

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think Morrison wrote her ok, but wrote things to make her a big loser. that outweight any good writing he made.
    Editorial didn't forced him to do anything, he wanted to kill her because he wanted to right Claremont dark phoenix. For Morrison Jean should never ever went back to life.
    Editorial was just making his will true. Morrison wasn't any good for Jean
    For such a "Big Loser," she has some of the biggest moments in the run such as coordinating the plan to defeat Cassandra, shattering Charles's mind and re-assembling it, being the face of the school and making the best of Cassandra's "outing" of them to effectively start integrating with the rest of society, resurrecting Emma and wiping out Sublime, the Big Bad.

He didn't write her as a saint (which is good because her being viewed as such can be detrimental for her), but he was good for Jean. I find plenty to enjoy of her herself in the run independent of the stuff going on with Scott and Emma, which is just the usual shipping BS that fans fight over.

Can you back up his wanting to kill her with a source? I've heard he was getting more and more fed up with editorial as the run neared its end and he left early, so it wouldn't surprise me if her death as a consequence of that and if he even intended it to be permanent.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 05-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.

For such a "Big Loser," she has some of the biggest moments in the run such as coordinating the plan to defeat Cassandra, shattering Charles's mind and re-assembling it, being the face of the school and making the best of Cassandra's "outing" of them to effectively start integrating with the rest of society, resurrecting Emma and wiping out Sublime, the Big Bad.

He didn't write her as a saint (which is good because her being viewed as such can be detrimental for her), but he was good for Jean. I find plenty to enjoy of her herself in the run independent of the stuff going on with Scott and Emma, which is just the usual shipping BS that fans fight over.

Can you back up his wanting to kill her with a source? I've heard he was getting more and more fed up with editorial as the run neared its end and he left early, so it wouldn't surprise me if her death as a consequence of that and if he even intended it to be permanent.
    You are right she had some great moments. But for me it was overshawed by all the humiliant crap with Emma and Scott. it grew up the argument that Jean isn't good enough for Cyclops and she deserves to be dead. For all the characters on marvel universe, she had to be humiliated by these two.

I don't think i know someone who read Morrison run and got out of it as Jean fan.

I can't find it anymore, and I won't lose another hour trying to find it again. Editorial was pretty fine with Morrison killing jean and never getting her BACK. IT is damn obvious

Just telling the truth. I gonna read it, if I think it is awful I gonna say so. Hype is so big anyone will be praising this for one decade, being good or not.
    Hype is so big that there is more room to fall. If he puts out medicority, especially in the earlier arcs, the ever-brutal fandom will surely turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Hype is so big that there is more room to fall. If he puts out medicority, especially in the earlier arcs, the ever-brutal fandom will surely turn on him.
    He just need to appeal to Scott and Emma fans, and do some shocking plot twists. People gonna rave it

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Are Jean stans the horse girls of the X-Fandom?
    Are horse girls the Jean stans of horse fandom?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is completely perplexed by the term. I can figure it out based on context, bit it's a really curious phrase.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Taylor was accused of being a fanboy because Red was a Jean solo book disguised as a team book.

TBF, so were most the books from Morrison to AvX, the same few assortment of characters used across books, with Cyke taking the lead...with Red it was always a Jean book. The first cover was literally just her, that said, you can find MULTIPLE instances throughout that short run of other characters thinking for themselves. But more importantly actually influencing the plot by having a moment all to themselves. Something that has been lost in a lot of books, hell Gold was running around the same time and Kitty consistently was the leader, strategist, mentor, instructor etc. to a team of senior longstanding X-men.

Posters really over-inflated Red as if Jean was the only character receiving attention which was not the case, it was her team and vision however unlike many of those featured in Red she was NOT pulling double duty in another title, and had only recently returned after like 14 years so in her case it at least made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Are horse girls the Jean stans of horse fandom?
    Jean never blew up a horse, so probably.