Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Alex is probably a traitor again, he did set all the events in motion.
    If they had chosen to go with a movie treatment, I kind of wanted multiple endings, like the old Clue movie (where there are three different endings, and you'd see one of them at the theater).

In one, Alex could be the traitor. In another, Gert (who, in the original story shrugged at the big revelation and said "I always knew my parents were evil," which was just cynicism in the book, but would make for an interesting twist, especially if she embraced the name 'Arsenic' and started using poison). In the third, Karolina (who truly loved her parents and the life that she had, and didn't want it to end just because of these other kids who weren't really her friends). That could have been kind of fun, although I have no idea if modern audiences would accept that sort of thing...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    She spent today on Twitter raving about Victor, talking about how they didn't NEED to bring him back, but she really WANTED to. Hopefully she feels the same way about Xavin and Klara (especially Xavin)
    Has Rowell even brought up Xavin on social media or any interview at all? I know she's addressed Klara's situation on the book itself, but I haven't really heard anything regarding Xavin, and not gonna lie, that makes me a little nervous. Other than that, I think she's been doing a stellar work on the book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Good interview. But I'm wondering if Klara is ever going to be brought back?
    I hope so.

Now, as for the tv series. I give the pilot high marks. I think it is excellent. Though I am not without some reservations.

My biggest complaint has to do with Molly's character. I'm not crazy about the change to her ethnicity - just as I wouldn't like it if they made Nico white. But that isn't the main issue. She's too old. Molly was twelve when she was first introduced. I have always thought that Molly's childishness was an inherent part of her character. At least, that's how I feel about it.

Molly’s SOCKS are giving me LIFE!
    You just know, per usual with Molly, she is just going to fully embrace the absurd truth about time travel and just BEAM with joy about Gert returning etc etc because she is such a pure hearted GEM!
    I friggin love Molz!

Okay.
    Rainbow's article: Great. With every interview and every glimpse of future pages, I get more and more hyped. I'm deeply, DEEPLY, appreciative of the sincere TLC and adoration she puts into every move she makes for our kids. I share her genuine adoration and enthusiasm for Victor and MAN does Anka make a handsome Vic.
    That bit about villains and her inclination for writing folks losing their way. That's infinitely more compelling to read about than mustache twirling black souled villainy.

Any guesses as to WHO the 2 marvel characters are that will be appearing eventually, significant to our Runaways? I mean, they've interacted with so many characters over their publishing -- Cloak & Dagger, Julie Power and those other "former" heroes, the Young Avengers, the Avengers Academy cadetes -- very briefly but still, and then of course there's Nico's time with the A-Force. Gawwwww I love this series so much I can't contain my joy.

And the show is really great.
    Its very DIFFERENT but every so often a scene REALLY translates to this "omg" moment of "That felt like it came straight outta the page".
    I share everyone's feeling's expressed thus far regarding Molly's performance/edits but everyone else I've been significantly pleased with.
    Personally I find a lot of the additions and alterations very charming and I'm exceptionally curious about all the little mysteries being teased so far. Can't wait to get some genuine shock moments.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-23-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Meh. I wrote a lot but it bugged somehow. Maybe I'll say it all again later.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 11-23-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay.
    Rainbow's article: Great. With every interview and every glimpse of future pages, I get more and more hyped. I'm deeply, DEEPLY, appreciative of the sincere TLC and adoration she puts into every move she makes for our kids. I share her genuine adoration and enthusiasm for Victor and MAN does Anka make a handsome Vic.
    That bit about villains and her inclination for writing folks losing their way. That's infinitely more compelling to read about than mustache twirling black souled villainy.

Any guesses as to WHO the 2 marvel characters are that will be appearing eventually, significant to our Runaways? I mean, they've interacted with so many characters over their publishing -- Cloak & Dagger, Julie Power and those other "former" heroes, the Young Avengers, the Avengers Academy cadetes -- very briefly but still, and then of course there's Nico's time with the A-Force. Gawwwww I love this series so much I can't contain my joy.
    Lightspeed and Singularity seem to be the most likely. Lightspeed is Karolina's girlfriend, and Singularity hasn't been seen since A-Force ended - she'd have to be with either Nico or Dazzler because She-Hulk, Captain Marvel and Medusa have all been appearing regularly in other books ever since Civil War II, but Nico was limboed until Runaways came back and Dazzler's only had cameos and what seems to be a cancelled one-shot. They already mentioned Karolina's girlfriend, just didn't name her, and why bother using that A-Force pic in issue 1 if it wouldn't have relevance later?

Cloak and Dagger have their own show coming up, so they ought to get their own book instead.

Hmm....wellllll......I don't buy that Singularity would be "with" Nico, --since Nico was so very very alone in her apartment and her whole opening schtik was all about being alone.

Maybe she got blown up with the Alpha Flight space station during Secret Empire.

JULIE on the other hand would be a VERY welcome inclusion, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If they had chosen to go with a movie treatment, I kind of wanted multiple endings, like the old Clue movie (where there are three different endings, and you'd see one of them at the theater).

In one, Alex could be the traitor. In another, Gert (who, in the original story shrugged at the big revelation and said "I always knew my parents were evil," which was just cynicism in the book, but would make for an interesting twist, especially if she embraced the name 'Arsenic' and started using poison). In the third, Karolina (who truly loved her parents and the life that she had, and didn't want it to end just because of these other kids who weren't really her friends). That could have been kind of fun, although I have no idea if modern audiences would accept that sort of thing...
    Interesting ideas..

"He was their leader, and no one has ever really stepped up to replace him."

Why do I imagine Karolina slapping Rainbow for dissing Nico like that?

May I ask why you feel that way? Were you not a fan of the original twist or something?

She spent today on Twitter raving about Victor, talking about how they didn't NEED to bring him back, but she really WANTED to. Hopefully she feels the same way about Xavin and Klara (especially Xavin)
    I was completely cool with the original twist ending involving Alex at 1st.. What bothered me was the half ass at best/ lack effort follow up in regards to him.. We gets hints here their.. Like him being in hail dimension or purgatory or where he was.. Or that magic issue where It was meantion Nico tried to bring him back.. then the book started getting constant delays, changing writers added characters I was either indifferent to or dislike completely (Klara & Xavin).. With seemingly subsequent writers more or less saying blank Alex & his plot. The last Runways series I read was where Chase though he saw Gertrude in a crowd & I didn't enjoy the series at all so then I've decided I won't be buying it runaways comic again (I did read Avengers Arena and some of Avengers Undercover) until a writer feel they need to use Alex properly and a meaningful way.. like even in his interview the writer talked resurrect Victor & how important it is to her to get it done and with Alex and get well you know maybe he'll show up at some point.. So when Alex shows up I will show up it's that simple for me.. Either make him an antagonist ( that appears regularly. I'd have him be cool with 2 of members but disliked/hated by rest), redeem him completely or keep as a villan ( the Doom to their F4 if you will)..

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, Rainbow specifically said that the characters are important to INDIVIDUAL Runaways, so it has to be two people that had significant one-on-one interaction with two of the members before. I'm not entirely sure, but I guess Digifiend's guesses for Julie Power and Singularity are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, Rainbow specifically said that the characters are important to INDIVIDUAL Runaways, so it has to be two people that had significant one-on-one interaction with two of the members before. I'm not entirely sure, but I guess Digifiend's guesses for Julie Power and Singularity are pretty good.
    Absolutely. Of course. This is all just my own personal bias driving my hesitation. ha ha. I never had any strong positive feelings for Singularity. Julie Power? ABSOLUTELY. But "Lil' Blue" was a non entity for me.

Heck, I'd take Gert chatting up Spider Man again over Singularity.
    The Dream? Which I fully acknowledge as being an entirely selfish Me-Me-Me thing? Nico and Billy Kaplan meet for coffee and discuss their magical insecurities etc and/or friends returning from the dead. But I'd settle for Hazmat to discuss their shared Arena trauma.
    I'd also be cool with Chase meeting up with Hank Pym -- but I'm pretty sure he's evil currently so that's out.

I would have like if Singularity join the group.
    In a way since her original universe does not exist anymore she fits the premise and already has a strong friendship with Nico. I have the impression that Singularity would identify with Molly very much.The only problem is her powers may be too powerful and that would unbalance things.

BANNED

Does anyone else really want to see Molly meet Gabby Kinney?

I'd also be cool with Chase meeting up with Hank Pym -- but I'm pretty sure he's evil currently so that's out.
    Not really. It's Chase. Making well meaning bad decisions are kind of his thing.

Does anyone else really want to see Molly meet Gabby Kinney?
    It would be fun to have a team up .