Page 63 of 172 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Kevinroc, everyone here, myself included, loathes Nazi's. I'm not going to change my opinion if, let's say, a former Reich scientist scooped up by NASA, invented something that obviously works, that it simply mustn't and be in denial. Acknowledging effective mechanical engineering or confirmed tweets being acknowledged doesn't make you a Reich supporter. I don't like the hatemob tactic, as I've stated, on principle, from anyone. It is a tactic used by numerous vile groups, including the Nazi's, who are bad, if that position wasn't clear. Trigger it down a notch

The bizarre thing about the Roseanne comparison is the belief that her series being cancelled is somehow an extraordinary novel way of responding to someone publicly bringing themselves (and by association Disney) into disrepute by their public statements made while they’re actually working for or with that company. People have been disciplined, sacked, or removed for that reason since Adam delved and Eve span.

Kevinroc, everyone here, myself included, loathes Nazi's. I'm not going to change my opinion if, let's say, a former Reich scientist scooped up by NASA, invented something that obviously works, that it simply mustn't and be in denial. Acknowledging effective mechanical engineering or confirmed tweets being acknowledged doesn't make you a Reich supporter. I don't like the hatemob tactic, as I've stated, on principle, from anyone. It is a tactic used by numerous vile groups, including the Nazi's, who are bad, if that position wasn't clear. Trigger it down a notch
    Comepltey irrelevant. Nazi aren't inventing anything here. They're not protecting anybody. They're not making the world a better place. Nazis went out of their way to hurt somebody because that person said some stuff they didn't like.

You can either say that in the big scheme of things what the guy did was bad, but not important and move on, or you can support Nazis and assist them in hurting people.

You would think in this day and age "don't do what the nazis want you to do" wouldn't be a lesson you'd have to explain to people. Where did we go wrong?
    Last edited by Alan2099; 08-16-2018 at 02:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Disney already knew about the tweets. It was Cernovich publishing them that made Disney change their minds. If Cernovich hadn't published them, Gunn would still be working. So the tweets weren't the only reason.
    Gunn would still be working if he never written those tweets.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-16-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You can either say that in the big scheme of things what the guy did was bad, but not important and move on, or you can support Nazis and assist them in hurting people.
    Or you can say that in the big scheme of things, he didn't do anything worse than what I'm doing here: typing some words that didn't hurt anyone in the slightest, directed at people who signed up to read them.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    The bizarre thing about the Roseanne comparison is the belief that her series being cancelled is somehow an extraordinary novel way of responding to someone publicly bringing themselves (and by association Disney) into disrepute by their public statements made while they’re actually working for or with that company. People have been disciplined, sacked, or removed for that reason since Adam delved and Eve span.
    Roseanne grabbed her own crotch and sung the National Anthem in the worst way possible. But Disney still hired her! Because Family Values!

Don't try and figure out Disney morality or ethics. It ... just doesn't track with anything.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

And now the Nazis are going after Rainn Wilson, digging up some old tweets where he joked about offensive stuff to make him look like a pedophile. They aren't going to stop with Gunn, Disney kowtowing to their demands has only enabled them.

BANNED

There are a lot of thing in this world to joke about on Twitter.
    Why would anybody in show biz joke about pedophilia and rape and expect no repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    There are a lot of thing in this world to joke about on Twitter.
    Why would anybody in show biz joke about pedophilia and rape and expect no repercussions?
    Because offensive humor or black comedy has been a staple of comedians since the vaudeville era. Look up "The Aristocrats."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Because offensive humor or black comedy has been a staple of comedians since the vaudeville era. Look up "The Aristocrats."
    I understand that. But you have to expect some type of repercussions.

i don't want to be one of those people who complain about "political correctness" but not too long ago people were allowed to use offensive humor without facing this amount of backlash or people who took them seriously.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe these people just need stop "joking" about raping kids and eating babies and they won't have this problem. Like seriously wtf is wrong with these guys and they want to take some sort of moral high ground while they're at it. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house it's an old lesson. Good for Disney finally someone standing up to these wackjobs.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The “To Catch A Predator” themed party was the nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I understand that. But you have to expect some type of repercussions.
    Why should their be repercussions for telling jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Maybe these people just need stop "joking" about raping kids and eating babies and they won't have this problem. Like seriously wtf is wrong with these guys and they want to take some sort of moral high ground while they're at it. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house it's an old lesson. Good for Disney finally someone standing up to these wackjobs.
    "People shouldn't be allowed to tell jokes that I don't think are funny..."
    Last edited by Alan2099; 08-16-2018 at 07:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why should their be repercussions for telling jokes?
    I hope you’re kidding