Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    What I would like to see is the future version of Kid Cable that they've teased in the book. So, if the Cable we get is an old man version of current Kid Cable does that count as "OG Cable" to y'all? Just curious.
    Yes because they were always the same person. The earlier issue where OG Cable traded out the time machine in his arm for a bomb before going to co front his younger self and making the statement that he had seen his death coming confirmed that.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yes because they were always the same person. The earlier issue where OG Cable traded out the time machine in his arm for a bomb before going to co front his younger self and making the statement that he had seen his death coming confirmed that.
    I'm interested in seeing how his time as Wi-Fi will impact OG Cable. Clearly there are lots of loose ends to tie-up:
    - does he have the memories of Wi-Fi or will Jean use her tp to lock them until he re-appears?
    - how will his time as a teen impact the family dynamic and relationship with Jean, Scott, Rachel, Dom, and Hope? (I don't care about his dating the Cuckoos lol)

Lots of things to see moving forward but I'm excited at this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how his time as Wi-Fi will impact OG Cable. Clearly there are lots of loose ends to tie-up:
    - does he have the memories of Wi-Fi or will Jean use her tp to lock them until he re-appears?
    - how will his time as a teen impact the family dynamic and relationship with Jean, Scott, Rachel, Dom, and Hope? (I don't care about his dating the Cuckoos lol)

For it to make sense continuity wise, he has to have his memories locked. OG Cable did not know that Scott and Jean were his parents until around their wedding.

Hope who? They have yet to interact or even mention each other. Marvel dropped the ball not doing anything with his most significant relationship from the past decade

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    What I would like to see is the future version of Kid Cable that they've teased in the book. So, if the Cable we get is an old man version of current Kid Cable does that count as "OG Cable" to y'all? Just curious.
    Sure. Doesn’t have to be an old man either. Just a grown up.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    For it to make sense continuity wise, he has to have his memories locked. OG Cable did not know that Scott and Jean were his parents until around their wedding.

Hope who? They have yet to interact or even mention each other. Marvel dropped the ball not doing anything with his most significant relationship from the past decade
    I know. It's been brought up in the previous Cable issue by Rachel so I think we'll see something come out of that before the end of the series. Not that it's major but it's clearly a dropped ball and been acknowledged by Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    X-Force just keeping its head down, praying no-one notices it is in the room.
    X-force is a lot better than Marauders

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They are all the same character
    If he was dressed in the early 90s style, then yes, as that is what "OG" means to me. I get the impression that "our" Cable remembers being Twinkle anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Glad we figured that out. Personally I want his look to be a compromise between the modern style of Kid Cable and the extravagant design of OG Cable from the nineties. I'm not sure how you achieve that balance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

I am too, there is a lot to juggle here.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I still want bishop66 to spill more of the beans about the plans for adult Cable when he comes back! He said months ago that this series was ending at issue #12 and has been spot on with several of his rumors.

What if Noto’s cover is literal and the kid and the old man get merged into one body like two-face from Batman. Then you’d get the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What if Noto’s cover is literal and the kid and the old man get merged into one body like two-face from Batman. Then you’d get the best of both worlds.
    That'd be some seriously freaky Cronenberg body horror stuff and I'm here for it!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

X-Force just keeping its head down, praying no-one notices it is in the room.
    Lmao I’ve noticed people calmly drop that book without demanding for it’s cancellation like others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Lmao I’ve noticed people calmly drop that book without demanding for it’s cancellation like others.
    Beause it is actually not as bad marauders or excalibur

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really hate this, love what Duggan was doing with the book and it seemed like sales were great. Wonder what happens with cable and esme now..

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really hate this, love what Duggan was doing with the book and it seemed like sales were great. Wonder what happens with cable and esme now..
    Sales are pretty terrible though, I think Cable is currently the lowest selling ongoing X-book.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Sales are pretty terrible though, I think Cable is currently the lowest selling ongoing X-book.
    I trust you, but do you have a source? I can't find a accurate look at comic sales in december or jauary..