Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    Every time I see this thread get bumped, I pray its news on Hank returning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I'm somewhat of an optimist, so I'd say don't give up hope, friend!
    Yep, he's a freaking founding member, they aren't forgettable or ghosts for ever. Keep the dream alive.

This soul loss plot should be 'highlighted'/used more to tug on the heartstrings of even the worst stubborn haters, If they can't feel compassion for him now then they are just braying jackasses themselves, not worthy of appeasement.

I like the darker ant-men too, but they are not in the same roles as Hank.

Ant-Man was my nephews favorite character to use in Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

Holy **** Doctor Hank Pym appeared at the end of spoilers:
    Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics Avengers game trailer
    end of spoilers

I can't believe it because it was heavily influenced by the MCU and Ultimate Universe
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 06-10-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

They went with Hank and Janet over Scott and Hope. That's surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Holy **** Doctor Hank Pym appeared at the end of spoilers:
    Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics Avengers game trailer
    end of spoilers

I can't believe it because it was heavily influenced by the MCU and Ultimate Universe
    I was really surprised he wasn't an old man to be honest. Happily surprised though .

Not crazy about his design though. He didn't look like Hank at all.

spoilers:
    Civvies with a shrink gun... West Coast Avengers era Hank? That's an even bigger surprise. I wonder if that means Raz Malhotra, who inherited Hank's last Giant-Man costume in the comics, will be DLC? Scott will likely be added later too, as Ant-Man, and Yellowjacket would probably be the villainous version.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Civvies with a shrink gun... West Coast Avengers era Hank? That's an even bigger surprise. I wonder if that means Raz Malhotra, who inherited Hank's last Giant-Man costume in the comics, will be DLC? Scott will likely be added later too, as Ant-Man, and Yellowjacket would probably be the villainous version.
    end of spoilers
    It's definitely inspired by that Doctor Pym - the premise is literally celebrating the opening of West Coast Avengers headquarter.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Mighty Member

I honestly have reservations about this game, just because they listed so many studios like that's a good thing when in reality it's more likely to lead to a "too many cooks in the kitchen" sort of scenario, but I'll still support it for that Hank action.

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #56 Jun 1964
    "The Coming of the Magician!"
    Rushing home, Giant-Man inspects a ring that he plans to give to the Wasp. Finding it perfect, he waits for her.
    When she comes home, he acts nervous, causing the Wasp to wonder if he will ever express his true feelings.
    Thinking that making him jealous will spur him to finally talk about his feelings,
    the Wasp tells Giant-Man that she's going to a party with another man social register member Sterling Stuyvesant and leaves.
    Upset that he cannot muster the guts to express himself to the Wasp, Giant-Man tosses
    the ring away and decides to lose himself in his work, instead of trying to be a romantic.

Soon he is alerted by his ants about a character named the Magician.

Finding him rather sinister looking, Giant-Man decides to investigate on his own.

A short time later, at Stuyvesant's party, the Magician appears as the entertainment and dazzles the crowd with his magic tricks.
    He soon traps the audience under a large blanket and begins robbing them of their valuables.
    Janet shrinks down to her Wasp identity and tries to tackle the Magician on her own, but is soon trapped in the Magician's magic wand.
    The Magician then makes his escape. Giant-Man arrives shortly after and is informed of what happened.

Deciding to trick the Magician into appearing for him, as Hank Pym, Giant-Man stages a fake yacht party.
    The plan works and the Magician appears at the fake party. He ends up battling Giant-Man,

until he attempts to escape in his personal blimp. The two battle on the blimp.
    The Wasp is freed, and the Magician tries to kill both ant-sized heroes

by setting his trained rabbit on them. Giant-Man resumes his giant size and scares the bunny away and attacks his foe.

The Magician uses hypnosis to stop Giant-Man in his tracks, while the Wasp unplugs the blimp, causing it to deflate and crash into the water.
    Realizing Hank was possibly still aboard, the Wasp laments having killed the only man she loved.
    However, Giant-Man soon turns up alive, riding into sight, ant-size, on a paper airplane.

With the Magician fished out of the water by the police, the two weary heroes are taken back to shore.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Dick Ayers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was really surprised he wasn't an old man to be honest. Happily surprised though .

Not crazy about his design though. He didn't look like Hank at all.
    I'm really happily surprised also! I never would have thought that they would have included him in the game. I half-expected him as an old consultant, to be honest.

Yet, as you mentioned, he looks nothing like Hank... maybe they'll get to fix a bit of things before the release. A Hank that's not blond looks really weird IMO. The beard doesn't bother me too much, but the short brown hair does. I do like the reference to his WCA years with the red jacket and the black t-shirt underneath.

Should this give us Pym Pals hope that he'll be coming back in the comics? I don't want to get my hopes high, but it does seem encouraging to me.

Fingers crossed!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

If Ant-Man kept his strength when shrunk, why didn't Janet?

I'm not sure what to think at this point... I just hope this means we'll FINALLY get Hank back by the end of this story!

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

We won't. Not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    We won't. Not getting my hopes up.
    Well... I'm an eternal optimist But I'm also very cautious as Marvel has disappointed me on many occasions before. For the moment my only hope is that this won't be yet another opportunity to $hit on the character. I mean, everything has already been taken from him, but Marvel seems to like rolling him in the dirt nevertheless.

It seems that Zub and Slott could be involved (sorry I don't have a lot of details about it right now). I enjoyed Zub's Uncanny Avengers run, and Slott has written some nice Hank stuff back during his Mighty Avengers run... so I dunno. Like I said, I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but this is the only development regarding Hank that we have had in a good while. Maybe it'll be good for him, and maybe not. Without much more details, it's hard to guess at this point.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

If Slott's involved it will probably be good for Hank. Though who knows. Im pretty defeated when it comes to Pym at this point, so ya im also not getting my hopes up.