Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don’t think the body is Peter’s. That is too close to being told that the Peter who married MJ and that we knew in the 90’s was a clone. Imagine finding out a Peter we know for X amount of years has been dead and this is some other nonsense?

It has to be Harry’s body. It’s shocking because everyone has seen Harry since the end of OMD. But every image of Harry shown this run is of him lying on the gurney when he died in Spectacular 200

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What other possibilities are there? Norman with a scar on his chest, Peter Parker from The Other? Those would be very strange.
    Aunt May?

I mean, her death was what lead to OMD after all. Obviously it wouldn’t be the real one but Kindred already shown he’s more than willing to swing below the belt to get what he wants. Especially since Peter isn’t all that interested in investigating the Kindred thing at the moment.

It could also just be set up for whenever Spencer reveals how/when Harry became Kindred.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 01-13-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Pacing and lack of answers is getting on my nerves now.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

That would be more in Spencer's wheel house of doing something youd not excpect and that'd be something like Meph didnt keep his end of the deal, by not bringing back May per say and it's someone or something else entirely

Astonishing Member

Giving up on Harry/ Kindred is probably the worse move Peter could make. I also get the impression that Kindred has some sort of hold on Peter now and might be able to subtly influence him. As for the imposter/fake body it will either be Uncle Ben or the original Gwen Stacey for maximum trolling and suffering for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Pacing and lack of answers is getting on my nerves now.
    It's clear to me now that Spencer is pacing this book the same as if it were released monthly, but using the fast release cycle for decompression and the cinematic experience. It's hard to believe a normal book only has had 4 issues in October, November, December and January and we've had 13 going on 14 by month end. So that's 14 issues for story that would fit into 4 for a monthly book over the same period. Of course the monthly book is going to feel much faster paced and compress the dialogue into fewer panels and such to fit the story in, while Spencer is having multiple pages to really embellish on every scene and interaction.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-13-2021 at 09:10 AM.

It may be helpful for readers to just think ok, each month I'm going to get 1 issue of story that is spread out over multiple books, no matter if 2 or 3 books are released that month, it's going to be 1 issue equivalent each month of moving the story forward.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    It's clear to me now that Spencer is pacing this book the same as if it were released monthly, but using the fast release cycle for decompression and the cinematic experience. It's hard to believe a normal book only has had 4 issues in October, November, December and January and we've had 13 going on 14 by month end. So that's 14 issues for story that would fit into 4 for a monthly book over the same period. Of course the monthly book is going to feel much faster paced and compress the dialogue into fewer panels and such to fit the story in, while Spencer is having multiple pages to really embellish on every scene and interaction.
    I also think that having multiple issues makes people feel like that the story arc would be coming to it's logical conclusion. It's clear that Spencer is in this for the long term and I hope that he gets to finish the story. Issue #57 felt like a "season" or "mid-Season" finale. The story is done for now but will soon start back up.

I honestly don't know if I'm going to stick with monthly issues or go back to trade reading on this title. I'm enjoying the story but at the same time , I just feel like I'm ready to move on.

All-New Member

Feels like Tim king’s Batman run with Bane concluding with the same #100 issue. My only beef is where is Doctor Strange?

Fantastic Member

Curious what happened to Carlie at the end there... don't think she's dead, what with the Overdrive storyline and all, maybe Kindred did something to make her forget what she saw.

Just finished. But I'm torn. I still have all of these questions. Like how has Harry been able to do all of this!? How has he used these Kindred powers? How did he regain his memories? Why is he doing this to Pete and MJ? Argh, just want a clear answer!

But the writing..............this was good writing here. I was floored by what Pete did to Norman here. Seeing Pete turn away from his responsibility towards others to responsibility for his own needs.......that was interesting.

Me, I'll probably stick away. Sucker for this writing. But would like to see answers.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Amazing Member

Maybe Carlie saw... her own body. Therefore terrified of this discovery she made a call to her best friend. Maybe this Carlie who returned to New York and rekindled friendship with Mary Jane is a second Kindred! Maybe at the end of the issue she transformed into her demonic form and her human form wasn't aware of this sinister plan. Maybe that's why Kindred (Harry) locked in a cage is co calm, because on the loose is his accomplice who will continue his plans. What do you think?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just finished. But I'm torn. I still have all of these questions. Like how has Harry been able to do all of this!? How has he used these Kindred powers? How did he regain his memories? Why is he doing this to Pete and MJ? Argh, just want a clear answer!

But the writing..............this was good writing here. I was floored by what Pete did to Norman here. Seeing Pete turn away from his responsibility towards others to responsibility for his own needs.......that was interesting.

Me, I'll probably stick away. Sucker for this writing. But would like to see answers.
    Reminds me of the beating Spider-Man gave Norman way back in spectacular Spider-Man 250.

Spectacular Member

Ok, I have mixed feelings on this. I'm kinda fed up with the dragging and we still don't know Kindred's real motivations (OMD is nowhere to be found now). I really like the art and seeing Peter beating the hell out of Norman was fun. I loved the part where he said "it started out with me trying to do good but now everything is about this feud" because it sounds like a dig to Marvel's obsession for the Goblin vs Spider-Man rivalry. The Carlie Cooper part caught my attention and I think she somehow discovered the original Harry's corpse. I think the post-OMD Harry is a puppet of Mephisto.

Fantastic Member

So the order of the web wants answers from Peter about what exactly? The reason Harry is after Peter (ie OMD etc)?