View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So excited! It was great seeing how excited the director, writer, and actor are for this project.
    It was also pretty cool to see that the fans in the chat were also very excited! I watched through the WB YT channel and Blue Beetle hyped them up! The chat was pretty toxic but the DCEU films calmed them haha Still though a lot of people are hyped for Blue Beetle
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If the suit looks any close to that in live-action, I will be a happy camper .

Also the Kord Industries building implies we'll get Ted as a mentor, which is cool .
    Yeah I think if they can fit Ted in their naturally as a mentor figure to Jaime that would work well for the movie. It’s either that or they do what Young Justice did and have him already dead by the time Jaime appears.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I think if they can fit Ted in their naturally as a mentor figure to Jaime that would work well for the movie. It’s either that or they do what Young Justice did and have him already dead by the time Jaime appears.
    I'm hoping it's the former...

does anybody here know what happened in this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

does anybody here know what happened in this episode?
    Ted Kord tries to be Blue Beetle because Supergirl inspired him.

Supergirl tries to mentor him...trouble ensues.

Livewire controls Ted's suit, Supergirl tries to help him, and they learn a life lesson .

Ted Kord tries to be Blue Beetle because Supergirl inspired him.

Supergirl tries to mentor him...trouble ensues.

Livewire controls Ted's suit, Supergirl tries to help him, and they learn a life lesson .
    That’s so weird to me that they used Ted as a student. I’m surprised he wasn’t a science teacher. From what I can tell, the show is about student superheroes and inclusion/diversity. Jaime is right there.

That’s so weird to me that they used Ted as a student. I’m surprised he wasn’t a science teacher. From what I can tell, the show is about student superheroes and inclusion/diversity. Jaime is right there.
    He's not a student. He's actually an adult tech wiz.

Although the way they depicted his costume felt a little like they were depicting Jaime's, especially with all the weapons/gear popping up.

Astonishing Member

Using Ted is rather strange given the context of DC Superhero Girls. Sure, they do stick to more well-known or classic versions of heroes, but Ted's not really well-known in most media outside the comics. And even in the comics for those who aren't as familiar with older characters who aren't consistently present. And like you said, Jaime exists; he's is right there, and would make way more sense when contextualized with DC Superhero Girls operating style.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Using Ted is rather strange given the context of DC Superhero Girls. Sure, they do stick to more well-known or classic versions of heroes, but Ted's not really well-known in most media outside the comics. And even in the comics for those who aren't as familiar with older characters who aren't consistently present. And like you said, Jaime exists; he's is right there, and would make way more sense when contextualized with DC Superhero Girls operating style.
    In the context of the plot they introduce him as someone looking to fund Kara's foster dad's invention and then from there develop him into Blue Beetle.

I can't say for sure why they used Ted but I guess it's like using Garth as Aqualad instead of Kaldur/Jackson, it just fit the story they were telling or they wanted to use him.

I guess with the goatee they're also spinning him as a Tony Stark/Iron Man reference to some degree.

In the context of the plot they introduce him as someone looking to fund Kara's foster dad's invention and then from there develop him into Blue Beetle.

I can't say for sure why they used Ted but I guess it's like using Garth as Aqualad instead of Kaldur/Jackson, it just fit the story they were telling or they wanted to use him.

I guess with the goatee they're also spinning him as a Tony Stark/Iron Man reference to some degree.
    That makes more sense. I thought he was one of the students.

Astonishing Member

That makes more sense. I thought he was one of the students.
    Hmm. He might still be young and close their age, though.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Hmm. He might still be young and close their age, though.
    The goatee is there to make him look older, I would think, along with the Tony Stark comparisons.

I guess he's probably maybe close to his 20's like their take on Superman (who also has the same VA: Max Mittleman).

When it comes to the male heroes, they pretty much stick to the classic versions so far. Barry, Hal, Oliver, Garth, Carter, now Ted, if the likes of The Atom or Firestorm end up showing up too, I won't be surprised at all if it's Ray and Ronnie. The diversity aspect seems to be applied mostly to the female heroes since they're the protagonists. Though Ted has been getting a bit of a push lately so maybe they also wanted to balance it out - Jaime gets the live-action movie treatment, while Ted gets some of the other outside media appearances like DCSHG and the DC Showcase Blue Beetle short. Though at this point it seems clear that Ted will be in the movie as well.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-28-2021 at 09:14 AM.

I voted for Jaime Reyes. It's nice DC is using him in more media adaptions and not giving up on the character. This is a wise decision. Well done. I'm anxious to see him in his upcoming film.

Extraordinary Member

movie starts filming in early 2022