Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Oh my gosh

Edit:how do i caps lol

This is super adorable .

From top left to right and down: JL vs FF, Yellow Lantern, DC Bombshells, DCSHG, Classic, RWBY, and in the center is Power Ring.

Jessica is part of the Justice League in the DC Super Pets movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Jessica is part of the Justice League in the DC Super Pets movie.

Can't tell if she's got her patch or a full face-mask here, but it looks like they're sticking with her normal design otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Dem thighs .

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Hey all,

I'm looking for some good Jessica Cruz stories post-Forever Evil. All I could really find before checking here were references to the YT book and JLO (which I remember reading comments at the time saying it wasn't a good representation of her). Then here I see the Annual where she joins the Yellow Lanterns. Is that in any collection at all? What other TPBs feature Jessica if I wanted to dig more into her character? Wasn't there a GL run featuring her and Simon Baz? And now I'm reading something like she has a new origin from Darkseid War? Or is that just her GL origin?
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 12-12-2021 at 11:33 PM.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking for some good Jessica Cruz stories post-Forever Evil. All I could really find before checking here were references to the YT book and JLO (which I remember reading comments at the time saying it wasn't a good representation of her). Then here I see the Annual where she joins the Yellow Lanterns. Is that in any collection at all? What other TPBs feature Jessica if I wanted to dig more into her character? Wasn't there a GL run featuring her and Simon Baz? And now I'm reading something like she has a new origin from Darkseid War? Or is that just her GL origin?
    Jlo is amazing jessica cruz content....

One of the books which made me love the character.

Her origin is in darkseid war but it's johns writing her is pretty meh imo. You can read green lanterns rebirth and justice league odyssey. Definitely read odyssey smh. (Also usually on reddit i see people praising it a lot, but only the latter part of the book which abnett wrote)

After that you can jump to green lantern future state which has a back-up for Jessica which leads into the yellow lantern annual.

She's in justice league rebirth too. That's pretty mediocre imo (but everyone should read #14, so underrated)
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 12-13-2021 at 01:00 AM.

Spectacular Member

Green Lanterns by Sam Humphries is a fantastic series for Jessica Cruz.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Thanks for the detailed suggestions! JLO, Humphries' Green Lanterns, Future State: JL, and JL Timeless (TPB that has #14).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Green Lanterns by Sam Humphries is a fantastic series for Jessica Cruz.
    What are your thoughts on Seeley's run of GLs, if you read it? I usually like his stuff. Did he not get Jessica "down"? Or was his stories just not good? etc.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Spectacular Member

What are your thoughts on Seeley's run of GLs, if you read it? I usually like his stuff. Did he not get Jessica "down"? Or was his stories just not good? etc.
    It's been a while since I read the whole GLs run and from memory 2 writers took over after Humphries and I liked one of them but didn't like the other. One had the horrible idea of trialing a romance between Jess and Simon which I hated.
    Last edited by Lightning63; 12-15-2021 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Formatting

Seeley and Humphries switching books was very unfortunate. I thought both were doing fantastic work on Nightwing and Green Lanterns, respectively, and both books fell off sharply when they made the switch. That said, at least Seeley had Jessica/Simon in his book, if memory serves Jurgens followed Seeley to close the book out and it quickly morphed into a Hal Jordan story.

All love to Hal, for the record. Love him. But it was a very different book by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Seeley and Humphries switching books was very unfortunate. I thought both were doing fantastic work on Nightwing and Green Lanterns, respectively, and both books fell off sharply when they made the switch. That said, at least Seeley had Jessica/Simon in his book, if memory serves Jurgens followed Seeley to close the book out and it quickly morphed into a Hal Jordan story.

All love to Hal, for the record. Love him. But it was a very different book by the end.
    Now that you mention it, it's kind of funny that they switched books...