Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1765

Good work jwatson!

At this time, I think it's worthwhile to remember All-New X-Factor.

Art by Yamamura (thanks, juan!)

By tomosanagi.

Cosplay by captezridax 5 years ago.

I wanted to include a link to a whole full-fledged website a fan made of Serval Industries' page, but I can't re-find it. I remember it suggesting that Pietro would provide instant delivery.

While putting this post together, I also found a NSFW/R-18 doujin of Pietro tied to ANXF. Also remembering the fanart and memes of Pietro x Gambit that fans made. Finally, remembering the fan campaign to save ANXF with multiple accounts (e.g. Twitter) and a dedicated hashtag.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-11-2020 at 07:51 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Good work jwatson!

Can't re-find artist right now, will update if I find.

By tomosanagi.

Cosplay by captezridax 5 years ago.

I wanted to include a link to a whole full-fledged website a fan made of Serval Industries' page, but I can't re-find it. I remember it suggesting that Pietro would provide instant delivery.

While putting this post together, I also found a NSFW/R-18 doujin of Pietro tied to ANXF. Also remembering the fanart and memes of Pietro x Gambit that fans made. Finally, remembering the fan campaign to save ANXF with multiple accounts (e.g. Twitter) and a dedicated hashtag.
    Thank you appreciate it. I swear all the Lorna fan art lately in here and xfactor had been so inspiring. My girl finally getting her due. My trip has always been ororo, jean, Lorna.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Good work jwatson!

Can't re-find artist right now, will update if I find.

art by Yamamura

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    Recently I’ve taken an EXTREME liking to Lorna Dane. Not because ‘oh she’s soo powerfull’ like say Franklin Richards(kinda...since his power is draining and stuff) or Vulcan(kinda since he’s...weird now), and not because she’s just so interesting either but because I feel like she’s me. At heart a good person, who has mental/psychotic breakdowns sometimes, a bit of a loner, and unsure about her place in the world(despite the fact that we know Marvel’s doing that cause they themselves don’t know her).

Maybe it’s just me, but Pietro and Wanda(even though they aren’t his kids anymore...they will retcon retcon retcon that...if they don’t then I quit life)they’re his kids and whatnot...but they’re mostly always on opposite sides and they’re just so much resentment and just general things to be mad about and argue over...baggage 10x.

But with Lorna I feel like it’s a clean-slate...kinda...a little bit. I mean think about it...despite everything I feel that Lorna has been open-minded(kinda)when it comes to Magneto being her father...despite the fact that they don’t interact THAT much...they usually never fight and try to bring up things from the past and accuse each other of stuff. I feel like Lorna and Magneto should build a great relationship in X-Factor...

As for Lorna’s personal story arc/character arc...well for one Magneto being her father and explore that...that would be nice, for 2...maybe some interaction with Wanda and Pietro...3, becoming the person she’s always meant to be(black-sheep...that’s how I see her)4th and final...she Marvel needs to like permanently end her relationship woth Alex...I think they’re over now...but they need to really be over. Why you might ask? Well I feel like there is no romance between them nowadays...and I think that either Lorna should be single as a pringle OR she and...guess who?

BENNET DU PARIS AKA EXPODUS should be together. Because I feel like Exodus has been in nothing and they need to give him a storyline/something to do. It would be pretty funny with the whole Exodus being obsessed with Magneto. Cause, honestly, while they have no chemistry(yet)they can make chemistry...and it would be an interesting and unconventional character and it would make them both a little more interesting.

I beg you MARVEL please!

No, but, imagine how cool it would be for Marvel to make Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Luna, Wiccan, and Speed to all be in a room together and just like...talk. You know what, they should make a mini-series wher they all interact because as you said the drama...and the Magnus family potential...that would be awesome! Oh but no...Marvel just has to waist all of their potential...my God..sometimes I hate Marvel...

And also can you like bring Magda and Any back to life...I’m finna write a thing on that in a second...that would be cool.
    EXCELLENT post! I don't fully agree with everything but pretty close. Great insights and I like the passion
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The ANXF costume wasnt bad but the color scheme was ugly. All that yellow with her green hair did not work and grey/brown was a drab color to offset that with

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The ANXF costume wasnt bad but the color scheme was ugly. All that yellow with her green hair did not work and grey/brown was a drab color to offset that with
    Well it wasn't individualized for her and I think if it didn't look ultra appealing it was meant to subtly indicate the conformity of corporate culture

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I've never cared for the ANXF costume at all. As much as I enjoyed the comic itself, the uniforms didn't work for me at all. I'm still worried about that camera in her eye, and if it'll ever be addressed again lol.

Yeah, the bigger issue I had with the ANXF costume for Lorna was that it had nothing of her in the design. Gambit got to wear his jacket. Pietro had those glowing blue stripes on the sides of his abdomen. The closest thing Lorna had was a slightly different open collar. It's why the piece I commissioned from soap-committee of Lorna and Wanda to help spread word of ANXF #14 included Lorna's headgear and cape.

I also just plain don't like team costumes on Lorna at all. The only reasons I was okay with it in the case of ANXF were 1) Lorna was leading the team, and 2) the costumes actually served a narrative purpose (that they weren't Lorna's choice, either, added to my acceptance of it).

I think the book generally didn't get any real support from Marvel, and there was a desire within the company for it not to succeed. There were tons of mistakes in how it treated Lorna in ANXF #4-6, alongside no promotion of the book in two obvious ways. Pietro wasn't on ANXF covers when Days of Future Past was in theaters, and Marvel withheld the cover for ANXF #14 until the Friday before its release. Plus the Axis retcon happened while ANXF was running with Pietro on the book.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Ok I checked out DP 6 and I think you guys overrated Lorna in it a lot

I mean yeah she does have a bit of a badass tone maybe and yes she "brings her own metal" is a cool touch I guess but

She was in all of maybe.. 8 panels total? I mean it was not much.

I guess it means something Kelly Thompson saw fit to include/promote her though, maybe she's trying to build hype for Leah's XFactor

Oddly, the COVER to DP 6 was interesting, Lorna does look a bit more menacing compared to the rest of the XMen there. Even more than Magik which was notable

OBEY

She at least did more in DP than she did in the recent Empyre issue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She at least did more in DP than she did in the recent Empyre issue
    Thankfully my expectations for her in this event are rock-bottom.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Ok I checked out DP 6 and I think you guys overrated Lorna in it a lot

I mean yeah she does have a bit of a badass tone maybe and yes she "brings her own metal" is a cool touch I guess but

She was in all of maybe.. 8 panels total? I mean it was not much.

I guess it means something Kelly Thompson saw fit to include/promote her though, maybe she's trying to build hype for Leah's XFactor

Oddly, the COVER to DP 6 was interesting, Lorna does look a bit more menacing compared to the rest of the XMen there. Even more than Magik which was notable
    This is a case where for me, she may not have many panels, but the panels she does have are more meaningful than everything else she's been in for the past... at least two years? Maybe longer.

Lorna's depiction on that book from words to actions was definitely her. She got to fight alongside long-time peers (Storm and Wolverine). We got a nice (subtle) tidbit about how she fights. She wasn't misused purely to promote other (usually male) characters.

It's still very far from what she needs and deserves out of Marvel. If this was an X-books title, it wouldn't be anywhere near "enough" to settle past poor treatment of her. But it's better than how the X-books have been treating her for quite a while despite its lightness of content. Lorna's history and past development actually mattered in the few panels she had. In much the same way Lorna's history with Iceman and as a horseman actually counted for something when Marjorie Liu wrote Lorna on Astonishing X-Men, vs how it meant absolutely nothing to the recent Iceman solo book.

As for Empyre, we'll need to wait for issue 4 to know how that comes out. Maybe she'll have a big role there and we just have to wait.

But if Lorna isn't in Empyre #4, and Marvel doesn't have big plans for a future Genosha event with Lorna as an essential figure, then her exclusion from the actual story of Empyre is damning. Marvel's clearly aware that Lorna should be there from both Genosha and Wanda's involvement. It's even more important when bearing in mind how Marvel's ignored Lorna's history with Genosha for the past 15 years as if surviving a whole ass genocide never happened and meant nothing to her. Marvel has no excuse.

I clicked a little suspiciously on the new Top Ten Nerd video this time devoted to the X-Factor, and I finally had a great time
    They have talked a lot about Polaris and admitted out loud that she really isn't properly recognized by Marvel Comics

If people are interested, they also made a video on the extent of her powers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by Yamamura
    I like this art but they damn well know Decay was a brown skinned Black woman.

Yeah, the bigger issue I had with the ANXF costume for Lorna was that it had nothing of her in the design. Gambit got to wear his jacket. Pietro had those glowing blue stripes on the sides of his abdomen. The closest thing Lorna had was a slightly different open collar. It's why the piece I commissioned from soap-committee of Lorna and Wanda to help spread word of ANXF #14 included Lorna's headgear and cape.

I also just plain don't like team costumes on Lorna at all. The only reasons I was okay with it in the case of ANXF were 1) Lorna was leading the team, and 2) the costumes actually served a narrative purpose (that they weren't Lorna's choice, either, added to my acceptance of it).

I think the book generally didn't get any real support from Marvel, and there was a desire within the company for it not to succeed. There were tons of mistakes in how it treated Lorna in ANXF #4-6, alongside no promotion of the book in two obvious ways. Pietro wasn't on ANXF covers when Days of Future Past was in theaters, and Marvel withheld the cover for ANXF #14 until the Friday before its release. Plus the Axis retcon happened while ANXF was running with Pietro on the book.
    Do Lorna fans still want Wanda and Lorna to be sisters?