Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    So, we're getting an X-kids book when?

And please don't say "But we already have the O5."
    Yeah, I don't consider the 05 a "young X-Men" thing, either...

Even though he didn't say anything about new titles, we had X-Men 92 confirmed after the All New Marvel titles were already announced.

I would be happy with another book featuring Cyclops, Rachel, Gambit, Havok, Jubilee, Domino, Warpath and Dazzler, though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Yeah, I don't consider the 05 a "young X-Men" thing, either...
    Especially the way Bagely draws them...

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Especially the way Bagely draws them...
    I thought they looked perfectly young in the previews

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The problem with New X-Men was two fold. Young X-Men really is a continuation of New X-Men; its the same generation of kids and a lot of the same cast as well. Had the title not relaunched post Messiah Complex I think the book might have lasted longer and not been critically bashed as it was. The premise, cast, etc didn't justify relaunching the title. The previous creative team of CK/CY just hit their stride and left on a high note. The cast finally settled in to the popular characters of the large cast. Taking X-23 off the book likely didn't help either as she had the highest profile.
    That's the thing. Young X-Men failed because they removed all the most popular, minus Rockslide, and Dust. Not only no X-23, but no Hellion, who at the time was arguably just as, if not more popular, no Mercury, no Surge, no Prodigy and no Pixie. How was that book supposed to stay hot when all the major players were gone? That's like taking Cyke, Storm, Wolvie, A Phoenix user, and Rogue off the X-Men book, making Iceman, Psylocke and Beast the leaders and calling that the flagship. Sure, there's two popular X-Men in the first two, but they're lesser popular characters that play well off of the major players.

They launch a new New X-Men with the same cast as KYost's NXM had, plus say Armor, and QQ, and it probably sells just as good, in not better than the book we're about to get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    I thought they looked perfectly young in the previews
    The interiors look better than those covers.

Let's just hope that Bagely continues to care enough, so that we don't get another Cataclysm...*shudders*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Come on MGSV X-men style. Come on MGSV X-men style~.
    Didn't KYost already do that?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    That's the thing. Young X-Men failed because they removed all the most popular, minus Rockslide, and Dust. Not only no X-23, but no Hellion, who at the time was arguably just as, if not more popular, no Mercury, no Surge, no Prodigy and no Pixie. How was that book supposed to stay hot when all the major players were gone? That's like taking Cyke, Storm, Wolvie, A Phoenix user, and Rogue off the X-Men book, making Iceman, Psylocke and Beast the leaders and calling that the flagship. Sure, there's two popular X-Men in the first two, but they're lesser popular characters that play well off of the major players.

They launch a new New X-Men with the same cast as KYost's NXM had, plus say Armor, and QQ, and it probably sells just as good, in not better than the book we're about to get.
    absolutely correct.

if marvel launched a NXM book, with the Kyost line up minus X-23 (since she's stuck in ANXM) plus Armor, I'd finally have a reason to start following the X-books again.

as it stands, there's not a single monthly X-book I feel like following, and that kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The problem with New X-Men was two fold. Young X-Men really is a continuation of New X-Men; its the same generation of kids and a lot of the same cast as well. Had the title not relaunched post Messiah Complex I think the book might have lasted longer and not been critically bashed as it was. The premise, cast, etc didn't justify relaunching the title. The previous creative team of CK/CY just hit their stride and left on a high note. The cast finally settled in to the popular characters of the large cast. Taking X-23 off the book likely didn't help either as she had the highest profile.
    It had 2 of the previous cast. That's not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    absolutely correct.

if marvel launched a NXM book, with the Kyost line up minus X-23 (since she's stuck in ANXM) plus Armor, I'd finally have a reason to start following the X-books again.

as it stands, there's not a single monthly X-book I feel like following, and that kinda sucks.
    I'm only just starting to get into the young xmen ( yeah, i'm really late), but i don't really like armor, for some reason.
    Last edited by protege; 10-12-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

to each his own, personally she's my fav.

still, I want the NXM back. none of the "teen books" since has really made any impact on me, and with basically a return to "Decimation", I'm far more interested in how the kids who have already been through it would react.

much more so, at any rate, then the fucking Teeno-5's.

I read somewhere we would have a Jean Grey series in April, but I don't know where I read that, so I wouldn't put my faith on that
    Last edited by Alex.; 10-12-2015 at 06:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    to each his own, personally she's my fav.

still, I want the NXM back. none of the "teen books" since has really made any impact on me, and with basically a return to "Decimation", I'm far more interested in how the kids who have already been through it would react.

much more so, at any rate, then the fucking Teeno-5's.
    What New X-Men did right was that while it was a book focusing on teen characters, I never got the sense of being talked down to After School Special-style the way I felt about Avengers Academy (THAT book made my blood sugar spike). There was a distinct level of maturity to the storytelling even BEFORE the bus blew up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What New X-Men did right was that while it was a book focusing on teen characters, I never got the sense of being talked down to After School Special-style the way I felt about Avengers Academy (THAT book made my blood sugar spike). There was a distinct level of maturity to the storytelling even BEFORE the bus blew up.
    Exactly.

The difference was that, like previous young X-Men titles before it (Generation X, and New Mutants) it treated the students like they were actually moving towards something, had them not live in a bubble, and had them actually learn the responsibilities and peril that came with being a mutant through experience, and how they handled it.

They also had realistic reactions to the changes. There's a great difference between Tyke disagreeing with Cyke's methods, and Hellion finding flaws, and contradictions, in Cyke's methods. Tyke is from a simpler times, while Hellion has literally been ripped apart physically, and mentally. Unlike Tyke, Hellion, and friends, lived through, and know, why Cyke turned (besides the whole Apocalypse thing).

I wouldn't mind Tyke's ANXM, if we got an opposite view point from previous NXM cast as well. KYost didn't treat the kids as kids, and have them survive everything, or not learn any lessons, like ANXM vol. 1, and all the other SM/WatX stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I read somewhere we would have a Jean Grey series in April, but I don't where I read that, so I wouldn't put my faith on that
    But didn't we get this with ANXM vol. 1?