Page 13 of 865 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

I never knew Mesmo was in HC. I have the original issue, or whatever you would call it, with a sketch by Grampa. Probably haven't thought about it since it came out. I
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

Hmmm, they both look great. Think im gonna go for it. Thanks for the pictures!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I never knew Mesmo was in HC. I have the original issue, or whatever you would call it, with a sketch by Grampa. Probably haven't thought about it since it came out. I
    Apparently it's a second edition, according to my copy. I guess it's been in HC before? At any rate, Mesmo looks like quite a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Hmmm, they both look great. Think im gonna go for it. Thanks for the pictures!
    No problem. Anything I can do to make other people spend money, haha.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Apparently it's a second edition, according to my copy. I guess it's been in HC before? At any rate, Mesmo looks like quite a trip.
    Mesmo was out in paperback only before. Wish Grampa would do more comic work.

Anyone know if Love Bunglers would be ok to read for someone who hasn't yet read any of Los HHernandez Bros oeuvre?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Awesome haul. How are those Hilda books? I loved Luke Pearson's Everything We Miss, and although targeted at kids is Hilda enjoyable for adults too?

It's also been ages since I read some of those Tintin books. Which ones should I get first if I were to build up the complete collection?
    The Hilda books are fun all ages books, I still enjoy them even though I'm ancient

As for Tintin: mostly what the others said, start with "Cigars of the Pharaoh" but the series gets really good once Haddock enters the scene (in "The Crab with the Golden Claws"). The last two albums are not as good as the rest.
    They still hold up IMO, even though some of these stories were drawn 60 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Mesmo was out in paperback only before. Wish Grampa would do more comic work.

Anyone know if Love Bunglers would be ok to read for someone who hasn't yet read any of Los HHernandez Bros oeuvre?
    You will probably not get as much out of it as someone who read all of the Locas stories. It's basically an endpoint for a (sub)plot that ran for years (for now anyway. he might reopen it again later, you never know with xaime).

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I've done just that for the DC thread, which the previous OP had made links to posts in the thread that had a review or pics of books. Took me a an hour or two to make new posts and link them to the first part of the thread. You can see it here:

http://community.comicbookresources....ull=1#post7399
    Ok i'll do it for this thread, i'll have to go through the old one manually since nobody collected them in one place, if i find some good ones attached to the old thread i will re-upload them to photobucket.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Thx. I'll see if I can pick a couple up at a comics festival at the end of the month. There should be plenty cheap (second hand) ones around.
    Which festival would that be Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_NL View Post
    Which festival would that be Martin?
    Haarlem

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Ok i'll do it for this thread, i'll have to go through the old one manually since nobody collected them in one place, if i find some good ones attached to the old thread i will re-upload them to photobucket.
    Great stuff. I started with this thread. But thus far only Colossal Conan and Mesmo Delivery. If you put them in here than I'll link them to the OP.

Can't wait for the Haarlem festival, I had a great haul at the last one.