Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The 'Android Avenger': Vision Appreciation!

One of Marvel's most storied Avengers: weapon, warrior, husband and father.

Turning on his core programing and opting to fight along side the Avengers, Vision has proved over and over again that heroes are not bound by circumstance.

He stands as one of my all time favorite Avengers, despite a markedly lower profile in recent years. His stories are always equal parts heartwarming and gut wrenching as he straddles the line between man and machine.

No Marvel board is complete without a Vision 'appreciation' thread!
    Last edited by klinton; 05-10-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

RESPECT THE VISION!

(Caution, 2-3 Images look like Not-Vision, but not sure.)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Thanks for posting that video. Vision is AWESOME! He will always be one of my fav's and one of the most powerful (overlooked nowadays) heroes of all time!

I have actually been thinking of collecting the Avengers run that have him in the upper left corner...those are some great issues

Lightbulb

Vision Was Introduce to the Marvel Universe In Avengers Vol.1, Issue #57! =)

The World 1st Beheld the Vision and a Legend Was Born!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

So, now that Avengers A.I. has ended, where do you think Vision will/should end up?

For as prolific as the 'Avengers' brand seems to be these days, there doesn't really seem to be a place for him (or Hank, for that matter).

I suppose Hickman could work Vision into the 'grande design' he's building in Avengers and New Avengers. But I dunno.

He wouldn't really fit with Secret Avengers, although it might work if handled correctly. I'd like to see Monica Chang show up there though.

He could be a good addition to the Uncanny Avengers, with his unique perspective on racism, but Wanda and Simon are already on that team and I don't really feel for seeing that triangle revisited.

Avengers Undercover is...not an Avengers book, nor the place for any classic Avengers (save perhaps any of the established faculty from the Academy in supporting roles).

There's, quite litterally, nowhere for him now. :/

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    So, now that Avengers A.I. has ended, where do you think Vision will/should end up?

For as prolific as the 'Avengers' brand seems to be these days, there doesn't really seem to be a place for him (or Hank, for that matter).

I suppose Hickman could work Vision into the 'grande design' he's building in Avengers and New Avengers. But I dunno.

He wouldn't really fit with Secret Avengers, although it might work if handled correctly. I'd like to see Monica Chang show up there though.

He could be a good addition to the Uncanny Avengers, with his unique perspective on racism, but Wanda and Simon are already on that team and I don't really feel for seeing that triangle revisited.

Avengers Undercover is...not an Avengers book, nor the place for any classic Avengers (save perhaps any of the established faculty from the Academy in supporting roles).

Either Uncanny Avengers since it's all about unity or the main Avengers team. I hope they find a home for him soon. I don't want to see him in limbo again.

Lightbulb

Indeed the 2 teams the make the most sense for him would be either Hickman's or the Unity Team.

I don't think New Avengers fits him at all, that is a Illuminati book.

Maybe Mighty Avengers to consider as well?

Now Hickman's the the most likely choice, it is a big family team and they do Grand, Big Things that Fits Vision Well. My only concern is that it is SO BIG, the problem with Hickman's team is that he could get lost in the shuffle sadly.

The Unity team, as you put it klinton, would spark an Interesting Dynamic in the ideals of acceptance in the world. In Fact, out of all the Avengers that are non-mutants, he could relate the most being a Synthetic Human. I think the dialogue and conversions would make it very interesting, I just get worried after the whole Havok thing that RR can ever have that without people exploding about it and I don't want Vision to get what Havok has gotten. But still it be interesting for those that would want that as well.

As for the Love Triangle, I think of it as more that, if RR has the skills, could really help bring a conclusion to that which started in West Coast. He could have the 3 FINALLY work it out, Simon has a talk on his actions, Vision and Wanda have a talks about those events and the argument they had in AvX #0. It could be an personal sub-plot IMO that could work, I just wonder if RR has the skill or even want to do that?

Nothing against RR, but not sure if he do that or not.

Ultimate Member

Don forget that he's also going to be in AOU, where Scarlet Witch will also appear. I wonder if they'll do any kind of hint that the romance? Even if it's as simple as Wanda mentioning that she finds Vision attractive, or vice versa.

Might Avengers would be the ideal book for him to land in, imho. I'm of the impression that it too is a 'bubble book' though, struggling to mantain it's audience? It'd just be a stopgap, then, waiting for it to end again.

But, yeah, it would pretty much be the perfect home for Vision at this point.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Might Avengers would be the ideal book for him to land in, imho. I'm of the impression that it too is a 'bubble book' though, struggling to mantain it's audience? It'd just be a stopgap, then, waiting for it to end again.

But, yeah, it would pretty much be the perfect home for Vision at this point.
    Indeed, it is not a oversized team like Hickman's is, it is a good size team that gives facetime to each character, so yea, I agree with this as well.

It be also interesting to see him interact with the members like She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Blue Marvel and Monica Rambeau!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed, it is not a oversized team like Hickman's is, it is a good size team that gives facetime to each character, so yea, I agree with this as well.

It be also interesting to see him interact with the members like She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Blue Marvel and Monica Rambeau!
    Aye, Mighty has an amzing cast. I think Jessica is the only one I could do withough, hahaha.

It'd be fun to see Vision and Sam go on a mission together. They've not interacted much at all over the years.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I wish they would create Classic Avengers... with the Vision in the upper left corner again

You could add:
    Scarlet Witch
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Cap
    Black Panther
    Hawkeye
    AntMan (or Giant Man)
    Wasp

That's enough LOL

N(ice - Man) britishmixedprotein's Avatar

New Vision Part Of Marvel sleeve 1.jpg Love Vision so Much he's part of my Marvel sleeve , i've written the full reasons why in another thread and don't have time to at the moment . But his strength of character , loyalty and the fact he wasn't born with Human Blood running through his veins yet is the Most Human of all Marvel Characters .. shows why Vision is a Character to Love and cherish always .
    Formerly BritishMixedwhiskey on these Forums . Love MMA , Tattoos , Comics , Sports , Music and Snooker

Roman Reigns , Derrick Rose , and Ronnie O Sullivan Are Deity's to me . England/India/Jamaica

BANNED

Some of vision more tender moments....