Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I see what you did there haha.

tumblr_oy58parJQT1r03w74o1_1280.jpg

Coming up in Batman #34

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing that
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, sometimes they do go on .

I think Batman and Catwoman's relationship is basically an open secret at this point. Arkham Knight had it come out that all the villains practically think she's helping Batman (which she is) and the first thing Ivy did in Gotham City Sirens was try and get her to spill Batman's identity.
    Those panels are great!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Batman's 80th anniversary issue.

Detective Comics #1000.

Now the question is: who will be Bruce's best man? Or the rest of his groomsmen?

Or who will be Selina 's maid / matron of honor? Or her other bridesmaids?
    Agreed. DC will want to make it happen during one of the big issues like those.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I think Bruce will ask Clark to be his best man.

Selina’s...I don’t know, it would be hilarious to see Pamela and Harley in the wedding.
    Nah, Dick will be his best man
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I'll just drop by and share a few of my favorite pages with them. There are too many to choose from, so I'll stick to pages from Brubaker's Catwoman run (Issues 1, 19, and 32, respectively), which is important to me because it helped reignite my passion for comics a long time ago, and it also sparked in me an investment in Batman and Catwoman's relationship. I imagine both this and Dini's 'Tec are the biggest progenitors for many modern fans of the relationship, though I'd be remiss if I didn't also shout out the late Len Wein (RIP) who was one of the first to make Bruce and Selina a serious pairing in main continuity. If you haven't read his Batman run, you need to do yourself a favor and do so, because we recently lost one of the greats.

Now these are all more focused on Selina's point-of-view, and I think they really do a good job of showing just how much Bruce genuinely cares for her, and how he has her best interests at heart, even with all their combined...eccentricities that make them so difficult for other people to stick around. Selina was ignored, degraded, and derided for basically her entire life to the point where she felt justified in stealing from a world that did nothing but kick her down...And to have someone like Batman look into her eyes and say that she's worth it, that he knows she has a good heart under all that fury, that means a lot. How could it not?

What they bring each other is a level of understanding, someone who knows what it's like to have been through what they've been through, having someone you can look eye-to-eye with and say how you feel, someone you don't have to hide yourself from...it's a pretty powerful form of adult love and it's something that's not only pretty rare in comics, but also something they achieve with each other that neither of them have with any other character.

I'm not going to drone on, just musing a bit, but like I said I really do love these pages, and issues in general. If any of you haven't read Brubaker's run I suggest you do so ASAP.

Attachment 56396
    Attachment 56397
    Attachment 56399
    Bru's run was amazing!

You know what I like about these two that he seemed NOT to have with the others; the fact that they know the good, the bad, the ugly, and the hidden about each other and they STILL love each other. I like how over the many years and reboots, they have grown closer to each other. I mean yes, they have had their ups and downs but even after all the conflict and sometimes distance from each other, they managed to come out closer. It's like they grew to trust each other. I mean, Bats trust Selina deeply. And vice versa. I dare say he trust her more than some members of the JL and even the Batfamily.

I think the #1 thing that sets Selina (Catwoman) apart from any other woman he's dated or loved is how he sees her as a partner. Yes, he's teamed up with other love interests for a specific thing BUT he actually sees Selina as a partner or someone that can be in his "circle". And I think that's very important in a stable relationship.

I know, it's not the most romantic thing but I think it works for them.

Fantastic Member

Batcat forever!

BANNED

will the rooftop romps STP now?

I've always loved this ship. They know each other so well, both the good and the bad. I think they are the perfect comic couple in many ways.

Bat/Cat forever!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

tumblr_oy1qv0GzM01w9t2w5o1_540.jpg

I think Cat looks fantastic here. I can't wait to see how Joelle Jones draws Bruce Wayne.

Incredible Member

I think it will be Dick or Clark as the Best man, though Damian as the true son might be a dark horse. I could see Ivy and Harley as Bridemaids definitely, with Lois as a drk horse as well!

Fantastic Member

Hhgvgfgbmj

Fantastic Member

Sorry my cat walked across my keyboard.

That flirting! That art

I think that's a new costume for Selina. It reminds me a lot of her original B:TAS look, especially with the belt.

Also seems like she's breaking into Wayne Manor (does she know Bruce's identity at this point?).