View Poll Results: Power Levels: Do You Prefer Comics Captain America or Movie Captain America?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comics Cap

5 25.00%
  • MCU Cap

15 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default Power Levels: Do You Prefer Comics Captain America or Movie Captain America?

MCU Cap is a bit of a different animal than his source material. Simon and Kirby's Cap is the peak of human capabilities. MCU Cap is about halfway between S&K's Cap and Siegle & Schuster's Superman. Which way do you prefer your Captain America?

To be clear, this is about powers, not characterization.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-15-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Lightbulb

Comic Book Cap all the way for me in regards to both power level & characterization.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Frankly I don't think they should be considered different. The whole power is just a little different, equalized so that anyone can fight basically anyone in the MCU. But he should really be able to pull off the same stuff.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Frankly I don't think they should be considered different. The whole power is just a little different, equalized so that anyone can fight basically anyone in the MCU. But he should really be able to pull off the same stuff.
    Dude. MCU Cap Curled A Helicopter Out Of It's Takeoff. That's a good bit more than being able to at least match the curling.world record holder at 113 kg/249.12 lbs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Dude. MCU Cap Curled A Helicopter Out Of It's Takeoff. That's a good bit more than being able to at least match the curling.world record holder at 113 kg/249.12 lbs.
    Actually I would consider that to be more of a pec fly than an arm curl. Impressive nonetheless.

A better example of his strength being in the superhuman level would be the opening of Age of Ultron when he flipped and then hurled his motorcycle 50 feet in front of him at Hydra soldiers. Realistically he should be able to life the bike but not really throw it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Actually I would consider that to be more of a pec fly than an arm curl. Impressive nonetheless.

A better example of his strength being in the superhuman level would be the opening of Age of Ultron when he flipped and then hurled his motorcycle 50 feet in front of him at Hydra soldiers. Realistically he should be able to life the bike but not really throw it.
    Bottom line: saying there is no difference between Movie Cap's and Comic Cap's abilities is not defensible.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-15-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

I feel like a super soldier should be superhuman. Not that Comics Cap hasn’t pulled off superhuman feats. I just like that it’s more noticeable.

I prefer the MCU approach where he's clearly superhuman but still on the low end of that spectrum.

Like PCN.. said, a super soldier should be (at least a little) superhuman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Peak human >>> Super strength stuff

Makes Steve's skills more impressive.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

i don't know why so many people tried to duplicate that serum if it didnt give some level of super human ability and only brought you to peak human

It makes more sense the mcu way, even if I've enjoyed arcs where writers exploit his physical human-ness to bring out his strength of character in how he just stands among straight up gods never giving up

besides, MCU steve isn't overpowered like thor level, so we still get to have such moments and his combat style still relies on cleverly using the tools he has like his shield to get an advantage.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 05-15-2019 at 11:21 PM.

If I wanted a serum for my army of soldiers, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to make them all Superman. It would be a good idea to clear the path for them to reach their full potential as soldiers. Even in the MCU this applies because Steve there isn't too crazy except for a handful of standout moments.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peak human >>> Super strength stuff

Makes Steve's skills more impressive.
    My take exactly.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Peak human is pretty much Superhuman. I have always understood that in Captain America case to mean at his base level he is doing things compare to best human can do at their peak. I never took it to mean Captain America abilities when he exerts himself to max is he is only then capable of matching human best feats. I have thought people understood if Cap is exerting himself to max he can do some silly stuff. The MCU throwing of the bike or him pulling helicopter is Captain America a peak human at "his peak". The only time Cap made me go wait a minute is against Thanos who was shown to be at same level as Hulk. But other than moment MCU cap feels like the same cap as comic to me the guy who jump out of plane in the ultimates or the guy pull down a mini helicopter in 616.

Extraordinary Member

Ultimates captain america is superhuman.
    MCU takes ideas from the ultimate universe and 616 universe but it is it's own universe.

Read this.
    It has more details posted.
    Does MCU Captain America have Super-powers ?
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...powers.514235/

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Peak human is pretty much Superhuman. I have always understood that in Captain America case to mean at his base level he is doing things compare to best human can do at their peak. I never took it to mean Captain America abilities when he exerts himself to max is he is only then capable of matching human best feats. I have thought people understood if Cap is exerting himself to max he can do some silly stuff. The MCU throwing of the bike or him pulling helicopter is Captain America a peak human at "his peak". The only time Cap made me go wait a minute is against Thanos who was shown to be at same level as Hulk. But other than moment MCU cap feels like the same cap as comic to me the guy who jump out of plane in the ultimates or the guy pull down a mini helicopter in 616.
    Yeah, no. The helicopter curling stunt required Cap to curl a minimum of 3,000 lbs (1,362 KG). That's a bit beyond "peak human" levels.