Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Just wanted to point out a pot calling the kettle black situation.
    you dont need to because it's not the same. even with ororo having to be saved by her mortal enemy you dont see storm fans in here making a fuss about this title. or her being a damsel in distress to put jean and Emma together you do you see storm fans talking ish? however in a book she surely will be shown her due her fans (some) are STILL groaning. it's just silly dont you think?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-02-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hickman did the impossible in making cyclops a likable character again. he gets props in my book for this alone.
    One day the Storm and Cyclops fans will always greet each other pretty much like Arnold-Weathers handshake style.

Such is the magic of Hickman.

I guess this is fair but in think Jean was traumatized by feeling and experiencing the death of all her friends. her mind and body was just taxed. it is nice that you can separate the overall story from expecting the story to center around her.
    I agree. I thought at first that Jean's writing was a shame, but I reconsidered my point of view, talking with other fans here. They gave me new perspective, and I have changed my mind. Now I think Jean was not greatly handed. But it wasn't that bad.

Yes, I don't read a book for my favorite. I mean, if the book is bad, if the story is bad, what's to enjoy? How does it "help" my favorite if the general story is pointless or boring?
    I loved Whedon's run (not as much as Morrison's run or HOX/POX) and Jean wasn't a part of it. So yes, the overall story for me is more important than my fav's spotlight.

Maybe because I grew up with Uncanny X-Men original run. At this time, even if CC had some favorites, it was a team book. Not a solo book with guests.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Why are storm fans such hyporcrites? You guys were pessimistic and crying when she wasn’t given featZ every issue and being some fake ass “goddess”. And she wasn’t even kept off the table for 14 years. Get some perspective.
    Lol chiiiillll no need to "ether" people out here.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    One day the Storm and Cyclops fans will always greet each other pretty much like Arnold-Weathers handshake style.

agreed. and xmen 1 sealed the deal for me. having these two work as one and cyclops tenderly looking after her was very nice to see. (^_^)
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-02-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I agree. I thought at first that Jean's writing was a shame, but I reconsidered my point of view, talking with other fans here. They gave me new perspective, and I have changed my mind. Now I think Jean was not greatly handed. But it wasn't that bad.

Yes, I don't read a book for my favorite. I mean, if the book is bad, if the story is bad, what's to enjoy? How does it "help" my favorite if the general story is pointless or boring?
    I loved Whedon's run (not as much as Morrison's run or HOX/POX) and Jean wasn't a part of it. So yes, the overall story for me is more important than my fav's spotlight.

Maybe because I grew up with Uncanny X-Men original run. At this time, even if CC had some favorites, it was a team book. Not a solo book with guests.
    I dont think its weing to read a book for your fave; I do this too. I just think some of the complaints I have seen seems beyond ridiculous. why anyone would assume she will be shown in a disrespectful manner in this book she is featured in doesnt make much sense to me. wait and see. at least Jean isnt the one having to be rescued.

you dont need to because it's not the same. even with ororo having to be saved by her mortal enemy you dont see storm fans in here making a fuss about this title. or her being a damsel in distress to put jean and Emma together you do you see storm fans talking ish? however in a book she surely will be shown her due her fans (some) are STILL groaning. it's just silly dont you think?
    I am actually a little surprised the Storm fans aren't more pissed.

BANNED

Remember when Storm fans said Duggan was writing a pro-slavery book in a very non-pissed way

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I am actually a little surprised the Storm fans aren't more pissed.
    oh unlike some Jean fans this kind of stuff we have been dealing with since the marriage was annulled. so instead of fussing I get my storm fix from black panther. they could have chosen any other character needing to be saved but storm was chosen. its typical behavior from the xoffices. I mean what could you expect from a franchise who had her running from a cloud???

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

The thing is, there are times when there are legitimate gripes fans can and should have with the writers/editors over the way characters are written. Jean fans at the end of Morrison's run and the fact she was kept dead for so long after, Cyclops fans after he was killed off page and then compared to Hitler for years, Storm fans during and leading to IvX somehow unable to affect a cloud just to name a few. There are plenty more to choose from, but these are all egregious examples.

Now there are a very vocal, very few Jean fans complaining that she hasn't had any scene stealing appearances and other characters have. Some use this as an reason to attack other characters as if there presence takes away from Jean.

These arguments come across as premature at best and petulant at worst. This is reinforced when every thread, every conversation on every issue gets derailed by whining about Jean. Whining which may not have any real basis in fact because the comics she's starring in haven't even had their first issue yet.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 11-02-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The thing is, there are times when there are legitimate gripes fans can and should have with the writers/editors over the way characters are written. Jean fans at the end of Morrison's run and the fact she was kept dead for so long after, Cyclops fans after he was killed off page and then compared to Hitler for years, Storm fans during and leading to IvX somehow unable to affect a cloud just to name a few. There are plenty more to choose from, but these are all egregious examples.

Now there are a very vocal, very few Jean fans complaining that she hasn't had any scene stealing appearances and other characters have. Some use this as an reason to attack other characters as if there presence takes away from Jean.

These arguments come across as premature at best and petulant at worst. This is reinforced when every thread, every conversation on every issue gets derailed by whining about Jean. Whining which may not have any real basis in fact because the comics she's starring in haven't even had their first issue yet.
    My point remain is that you and others say Jean fans when at best it is one or two people that are doing the constant negativity. I don't have any ill will towards those posters -these forums are about sharing opinions and debates. But people want to label the majority of Jean fans based on one or two people when there are a lot of Jean fans on these forums and we are diverse in our opinions.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My point remain is that you and others say Jean fans when at best it is one or two people that are doing the constant negativity. I don't have any ill will towards those posters -these forums are about sharing opinions and debates. But people want to label the majority of Jean fans based on one or two people when there are a lot of Jean fans on these forums and we are diverse in our opinions.
    I know that's why I said "very vocal, very few Jean fans" and I'll usually try to highlight that its only a few. Its really only one or two but I'd rather make generic statements than start targeting individuals. I've no interest in making it personal.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 11-02-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I know that's why I said "very vocal, very few Jean fans" and I'll usually try to highlight that its only a few. Its really only one or two but I'd rather make generic statements than start targeting individuals. I've no interest in making it personal.
    No sneak diss.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

agreed. and xmen 1 sealed the deal for me. having these two work as one and cyclops tenderly looking after her was very nice to see. (^_^)
    Phase 2 of the rekindled Scororo friendship: Scott occasionally inviting Ororo over so she can get a break from K̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ Kate.

Phase 3 of the rekindled Scororo friendship: Ororo never inviting Scott over so he won't have to put up with K̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Phase 2 of the rekindled Scororo friendship: Scott occasionally inviting Ororo over so she can get a break from K̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ Kate.

Phase 3 of the rekindled Scororo friendship: Ororo never inviting Scott over so he won't have to put up with K̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ Kate.
    I was scared you made a KitKat joke at first until I reread it.