Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought this was funny. Credit to Theamat of DeviantArt.

Attachment 60284
    ...But Cyborg doesn't even wear clothes. haha

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah but the last two times Diana got pants everybody complained.
    No doubt, a vast number of people were not pleased with the change. Wonder Woman will always be a tough call to make, because there are probably more fans that like her showing "strategic skin" than not, both men and women. But I don't think anyone wants her back in a bathing suit, unless that particular story is about water Olympics on Paradise Island or Atlantis and Diane is competing.

Frankly, I can go either way when it comes to Diana. I personally don't have an issue with a costume similar to below, but I can see how some might prefer a more covered up version. That said, I wouldn't want to see Carol in a costume like this. Or Jean Grey. Or Black Widow. Or Jubilee. Or Misty Knight. Or Spider-Woman. Or any number of women characters. It just doesn't speak to their personality, origins or character profile.

Wonder-Woman-Graphic-Novel-Reviews.jpg

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No doubt, a vast number of people were not pleased with the change. Wonder Woman will always be a tough call to make, because there are probably more fans that like her showing "strategic skin" than not, both men and women. But I don't think anyone wants her back in a bathing suit, unless that particular story is about water Olympics on Paradise Island or Atlantis and Diane is competing.

Frankly, I can go either way when it comes to Diana. I personally don't have an issue with a costume similar to below, but I can see how some might prefer a more covered up version. That said, I wouldn't want to see Carol in a costume like this. Or Jean Grey. Or Black Widow. Or Jubilee. Or Misty Knight. Or Spider-Woman. Or any number of women characters. It just doesn't speak to their personality, origins or character profile.

Wonder-Woman-Graphic-Novel-Reviews.jpg
    This one makes more sense then both the swim suit or the pants. it's similar to what an amazon might actually wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The Carol Danvers Ms Marvel costume change designed by Cockrum was in step with the Women's Liberation/Sexual freedom mores of the day. A powerful woman displaying her powerful body BECAUSE SHE COULD. A different type of empowering (with a side order of fan service and male gaze, certainly) but fitting the characters development as a glamorous editor of a women's magazine etc. The keyword there being "glamorous". Or at least the perception of glamour thru the eyes of male artist. It fit the direction of the Carol Danvers at the time as the All-New Ms Marvel.
    There isn't really that much of a difference from this costume to her previous one when it comes to showing skin. This one shows her arms and the boots are longer. That's it. It was a stylistic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What's the point of a mask for somebody without a secret identity?
    Style. The same purpose most super hero costumes serve.

I think I'd like Carol's costume better if it got rid of the seams and the zipper running down the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Style. The same purpose most super hero costumes serve.

I think I'd like Carol's costume better if it got rid of the seams and the zipper running down the front.
    I dunno...it's a really boring looking costume, IMO. I don't know if it could be simplified more to make it better, but right now it just looks wrong. I think it was David Lopez who drew the costume with a bomber jacket for a cover and it looked much better, but man did it look like she was ripping off the Rogue look
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Watching the fashions at award show galas always makes me go, "Hmmm?" What are the odds of Carol wearing something like Catherine Zeta Jones' Golden Globes dress? Ever.

catherine-zeta-jones-golden-globe-awards-2018-in-beverly-hills-8.jpg

Lightning Bolt look was really the best.

BANNED

Not only that but it is also true to the comicbook character Carol Danvers' character trait of wanting to be her 'own woman'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf1984 View Post

I'm in favor of the lightning bolt costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The black & gold WARBIRD!

BANNED

Not only that but it is also true to the comicbook character Carol Danvers' character trait of wanting to be her 'own woman'.
    What does that even mean?

That she wants her own individual costume and title? She joined the goddamn military!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I still miss the simplicity of her classic black costume designed by Dave Cockrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Was it black? I always though it was dark blue in color,kinda similar to Thor's original costume?
    You are absolutely correct.
    I myself made the mistake of thinking the All-New Ms. Marvel costume being black & gold while in truth it is navy blue & gold.

Busiek and Pérez clearly showed this in the above panels of Avengers #4 May 1998 while introducing the BLACK & GOLD WARBIRD costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's black.
    I'm pretty sure it's navy blue.

Dark blue is how her Cap costume was usually colored before Anka's redesign.
    Why the decision by marvel comics to not maintain the dark blue

Why the decision by marvel comics to not maintain the dark blue
    Used to be, in the old days of mechanically-separated 64-choices color, that when something was black with blue highlights, that meant black.

That's why Superman had blue hair for decades -- it wasn't meant to be read as blue, but as black.

So when Dave Cockrum designed that costume for Carol, I "read" it as black, and thought it was very sharp. When we brought Carol into AVENGERS, I wanted to bring back that costume, and since color technology had changed, I asked that the highlights be colored dark gray, to make it clear it was black.

And it looked good that way.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

BANNED

It most certainly did look good that way and I also appreciated it very much that whenever the comicbook character Carol Danvers recounted her history

as the navy-blue and gold Ms. Marvel, the colors depicted were accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What does that even mean?

That she wants her own individual costume and title? She joined the goddamn military!
    But it's true. It was part of her separating from her identification with, well, Captain Mar-Vell. Ironic that she's now taking the nom de guerre as her own. Wish her current costume was better than it is now. But I'm always for characters having new costumes. Gives the new artists something to do.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Lightbulb

Carol Danvers Costume Change