Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It looks like we are going to get screwed. This administration has done zilch to motivate their voters.

More than 1 million voters switch to GOP in warning for Dems
    And what is the GOP offering? A ban on abortions, more guns in the street, and end to voting rights and the EPA, destroying the public school system, ending Obamacare... This is the same BS when they said Hillary didn't motivate them. This is what they got.

For all those newly Republican suburban moms whose daughter will die from back alley abortions. You did this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And what is the GOP offering? A ban on abortions, more guns in the street, and end to voting rights and the EPA, destroying the public school system, ending Obamacare... This is the same BS when they said Hillary didn't motivate them. This is what they got.

For all those newly Republican suburban moms whose daughter will die from back alley abortions. You did this.
    Yep, the GOP keep giving the dems live ammo to motivate their voters but the dems keep using blanks. "Vote for us because the other guys are terrible" shouldn't be their only playbook.

Yep, the GOP keep giving the dems live ammo to motivate their voters but the dems keep using blanks. "Vote for us because the other guys are terrible" shouldn't be their only playbook.
    The Dems had an agenda that the majority wanted. Biden had a full agenda, but it needed a Congress that could enact it. Instead we got less Congress people and Senators to help. Here's a clue, if you voted for Biden and a GOP Senator you should not expect anything to happen. They want the Dems to do magic, enact what they want while giving us too many Republicans in Congress. At this point they haven't figured out that the GOP will not vote for the things they want. And then they ask, "Why can't the Democats compromise?" On what when Mitch will not allow any compromise on any bill from Biden? The gun bill shows how even with things that poll at 85% we get half measures because of the GOP.

I am sorry, we have to lay a good amount of blame on the voters who are too dumb to figure this stuff out and vote of whimsy.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-27-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

The Dems had an agenda that the majority wanted. But States like Maine, and North Carolina gave us Republican Senators. They want the Dems to do magic, enact what they want while giving us too many Republicans in Congress. At this point they haven't figured out that the GOP will not vote for the things they want. And then they ask, "Why can't the Democats compromise?" On what when Mitch will not allow any compromise on any bill from Biden?
    Then you have people mad that the Democrats try to compromise even though they don't have enough votes to enact everything without it in most cases.

I almost wonder would it help if Democrats sort of do like GOP do. Democrats try to run on actual policy ideas. Tangible policy initiatives. GOP doesn't even pretend to have actual policies and plans now. All they run on is libs are turning your kids gay, they want open borders let any brown people in with no limits. Dems want to take all your guns. Dems wanna kill babies all the way up to birth. They even stick CRT in math books!!

Just ridiculous fearmongering claims.

They at least used to have to say stuff like they would get rid of Obamacare and get "way better healthcare" even though none of them ever had any Healthcare plans.

What would it even look like if Democrats just didn't run on policies?

Astonishing Member

The Dems had an agenda that the majority wanted. Biden had a full agenda, but it needed a Congress that could enact it. Instead we got less Congress people and Senators to help. Here's a clue, if you voted for Biden and a GOP Senator you should not expect anything to happen. They want the Dems to do magic, enact what they want while giving us too many Republicans in Congress. At this point they haven't figured out that the GOP will not vote for the things they want. And then they ask, "Why can't the Democats compromise?" On what when Mitch will not allow any compromise on any bill from Biden? The gun bill shows how even with things that poll at 85% we get half measures because of the GOP.

I am sorry, we have to lay a good amount of blame on the voters who are too dumb to figure this stuff out and vote of whimsy.
    I disagree. It's up to dem leadership to motivate people to vote for them, get people excited to vote for them.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m sure those suburban moms will just sneak their daughters to states when abortion is still legal to get the job done, or, if they have the money, go out of the country. Let’s not kid ourselves, those hypocrites have options if they need to use them.

Meanwhile, I got an alert that the 1/6 committee will hold a surprise hearing tomorrow. I wonder what that’s all about?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just a note on that article: it says '1 million join GOP!' and makes a big point of it, but then it only casually drops that the Dems got 600k.

"GOP outpaces Democrats by half a million' isn't quite the sexy headline that 'BIG WARNING FOR DEMS' is though.

That doesn't mean it's great news for Dems or anything, but we all ought to be aware how a lot of the media talks about democrats and how it *doesn't* talk about Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just a note on that article: it says '1 million join GOP!' and makes a big point of it, but then it only casually drops that the Dems got 600k.

"GOP outpaces Democrats by half a million' isn't quite the sexy headline that 'BIG WARNING FOR DEMS' is though.

That doesn't mean it's great news for Dems or anything, but we all ought to be aware how a lot of the media talks about democrats and how it *doesn't* talk about Republicans.
    The Media frames it that way because it brings ratings.

Astonishing Member

Russian missile strike hits shopping mall with more than 1,000 people inside, Ukraine says

Ukraine said it feared scores of civilians might be dead or injured after a Russian missile strike hit a crowded shopping mall in the center of the country Monday.

More than 1,000 people were inside at the time of the rocket attack, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said.

“The number of victims is impossible to imagine,” he added in a post on the Telegram messaging app, sharing video that showed plumes of gray smoke rising above a building that was consumed in flames as people and first responders ran in front of it.

The apparent attack hit a shopping center in Kremenchuk, a city in the Poltava region on the banks of Ukraine’s Dnieper River. Dmytro Lunin, head of the Poltava region, said at least 10 people were killed and more than 40 others were injured.

The Ukrainian Air Force Command reported that the missiles were fired from long-range bombers that took off from a Russian airbase north of Ukraine.
    Putin just flat out bombing malls now?

I disagree. It's up to dem leadership to motivate people to vote for them, get people excited to vote for them.
    It really isn’t. I mean, unless you’re talking about idiots who can’t figure out the future of the country is at stake.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m sure those suburban moms will just sneak their daughters to states when abortion is still legal to get the job done, or, if they have the money, go out of the country. Let’s not kid ourselves, those hypocrites have options if they need to use them.

Meanwhile, I got an alert that the 1/6 committee will hold a surprise hearing tomorrow. I wonder what that’s all about?
    I wonder if all the hate for Thomas right now because of his rulings and the things he has said if any of the hearing will have some stuff about Ginni? Kind of a smear campaign to show what a POS he and his wife are?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    He doesn’t surprise me anymore, just leave a bad taste…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Hey, where's that one guy to tell us that it was probably the 'ukronazis' who blew up their own mall? :P

BS, voting is a civic obligation, not American Idol. People who did not vote for Hillary shouldn't complain about what the Court is doing now. It was said then that this would happen.

And I love the bipolar attacks on the Democrats. Democrats have to reach those people in the middle that often vote Republican while they can only win by offering a large Progressive agenda. Pick a lane!

Then there were the group of Voters that didnt want to vote for Biden because he was boring and not a good speaker. JFC!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.