Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    When he sings that "we're the only race that shoots each other," he better be singing about the human race, because most gun murders in America, the shooter is the same race as the victim. Yes, there's a lot of black-on-black crime, but there's a lot of white-on-white crime, too.

Lightbulb Hmmm...

Hi.

Well, I'm a peruvian comic book artist and writer, I asume it depends more on the author's choice for making the stories how he thinks is best, according to his own view of his fictional world and characters, just that. There is no obligation or commitment about anything.

Visit my comic book youtube channel!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/IamComics80

Miles Morales Fan Film

https://youtu.be/kFZDRqWdL0w

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nope dont have any current gen systems.

You would think any gamers older than...what...12?...13?... wouldn't be caught dead mourning the loss of anime toon booty in public. Its a bad look.

Like "You really want your line in the sand to be here? Really?"

It's a sad hill to die on

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

Classic Spike Lee, it's why I always eye roll when folks bring him up

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yes. Ultimates looks great. T'challa was written perfectly in character. Mostly set up over all though but the set up looks gooooood

ANAD Avengers was pure set up as well, felt more "pre hickman" smaller scale Avengers but nothing relaly happened so, we will see
    Nothing wrong with set up as it keeps the reader coming back, hopefully anyway. One issue in and I'm already enjoying both series but I especially excited for Ultimates since it has several characters I've been trying to get into.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ultimate Member

Going through the back issues of the 90s Cage series-

Issue 5 had an interesting letter page. One letter that took the entire page.

It RIPPED the creative team for making Cage into a NWA, talking too much slang, thug dressing and power varying hero.

He went off about why the black guys at Marvel were the arm pit of the universe unlike the black females who lead teams-Storm & Monica.

The editor fired back Cage was not suppose to represent all black males in Marvel and mentioned BP, Bishop & Falcon & Giant Man.

What is interesting is who the person that wrote the letter.

Someone Marvel would hire 20+ years later and he's famous for a certain movie franchise-Kevin Grevioux.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Going through the back issues of the 90s Cage series-

Issue 5 had an interesting letter page. One letter that took the entire page.

It RIPPED the creative team for making Cage into a NWA, talking too much slang, thug dressing and power varying hero.

He went off about why the black guys at Marvel were the arm pit of the universe unlike the black females who lead teams-Storm & Monica.

The editor fired back Cage was not suppose to represent all black males in Marvel and mentioned BP, Bishop & Falcon & Giant Man.

What is interesting is who the person that wrote the letter.

Someone Marvel would hire 20+ years later and he's famous for a certain movie franchise-Kevin Grevioux.
    thats interesting. for some reason I kinda dont like him. He always took me as one of those "new black" black guys that refused to date black women. One one hand I think hes right but on the other I feel like its respectable politics and he threw black women heros under the bus.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nope dont have any current gen systems.

You would think any gamers older than...what...12?...13?... wouldn't be caught dead mourning the loss of anime toon booty in public. Its a bad look.

Like "You really want your line in the sand to be here? Really?"

LMAO, you guys really underestimate the popularity of Hentai and Ecchi type products, it's one of the main reasons why I left anime and manga for so long before successfully finding my way back lol. Ecchi literally dominated japanese animation and manga, that and moe literally killed the anime/manga scene for me for a while. Even now I can only handle it in doses.

So the guy who played Ben Urich is on Rosewood and I'm pissed all over again and sad he's being wasted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LMAO, you guys really underestimate the popularity of Hentai and Ecchi type products, it's one of the main reasons why I left anime and manga for so long before successfully finding my way back lol. Ecchi literally dominated japanese animation and manga, that and moe literally killed the anime/manga scene for me for a while. Even now I can only handle it in doses.
    it makes bank that is why

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    thats interesting. for some reason I kinda dont like him. He always took me as one of those "new black" black guys that refused to date black women. One one hand I think hes right but on the other I feel like its respectable politics and he threw black women heros under the bus.
    HE didn't insult Storm or Monica. He actually praise them.

"All of the black female heroes are beyond reproach, are excellently portrayed with intelligent vernacular well respected and have even assumed high level leadership position within teams in which they work."

In other words Storm & Monica don't have the burdens the black guys do. Think about it like this-excluding Moon Girl-we don't see a ton of compliant with black women in comics. Outside of they not being used as much.

You do a Monica book-you will be hard press to find a ton of complaints about why does she get a book over Emma Frost or Electrka. UNLIKE what we saw with Black Panther or Sam Alexander or Miles or John Stewart.

And man did John Stewart fans get the middle finger today in JL Green Lantern? The previews hint John Stewart had a part and he was only in three panels.

ANd I see the hate Duke Thomas faction is now forming-man he appears in one Batman book in costume and folks are throwing fits.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

"All of the black female heroes are beyond reproach, are excellently portrayed with intelligent vernacular well respected and have even assumed high level leadership position within teams in which they work."

In other words Storm & Monica don't have the burdens the black guys do. Think about it like this-excluding Moon Girl-we don't see a ton of compliant with black women in comics. Outside of they not being used as much.

You do a Monica book-you will be hard press to find a ton of complaints about why does she get a book over Emma Frost or Electrka. UNLIKE what we saw with Black Panther or Sam Alexander or Miles or John Stewart.

And man did John Stewart fans get the middle finger today in JL Green Lantern? The previews hint John Stewart had a part and he was only in three panels.

ANd I see the hate Duke Thomas faction is now forming-man he appears in one Batman book in costume and folks are throwing fits.
    Blatant disrespect for John Stewart. Tell me Johns didn't set the tone when he came aboard the GL ship.

Thats my bad. I assumed he was complaining about how black women are treated better that black guys. Also if Monica got a solo there would be more so much complaining and bitching. Look at the thread about why marvel never pushed her as captain marvel. Shes nonexistent and thats how they like it. There was complaining about storms solo. People generally dislike storm. When I look up moon girl articles half of the comments are complaints and racist monkey jokes. Dont get me started on stores not stocking books with black characters. I think the black guys are high profile enough for people to know who they are. It sucks.

edit: Although I'll be lying if I'd say there isnt a certain hatred of strong leading black guys in comics fandom. I guess with the women they can act out their gross sexual fantasies and them drop them to oblivion.
    Last edited by Nipower888; 11-11-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: I had more to say
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Incredible Member

ANd I see the hate Duke Thomas faction is now forming-man he appears in one Batman book in costume and folks are throwingfits.
    DC has only themselves to blame for that one.Pushing Duke in the Robin mantle when Damian hasn't out grown it yet is just begging for fan backlash.

Invincible Member

Thing is, we don't get as many complaints about black women in comics because they aren't used as much as the center of attention. It seems fans are ok with them being part of an enssemble cast ( much like women/minorities in general), but there's not that many solo titles.

I guarantee that if Marvel announced a Monica solo tomorrow, for every "Cool I've loved Monica since the 80's" comment, you'll get a "Stop shoving this PC crap down my throat! Tumblr ruins everything!!" comment.
    Last edited by ed2962; 11-12-2015 at 07:34 AM.