Page 676 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666726736746756766776786796806867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 20773

I am currently reading the John Byrne Alpha Flight omnibus.
    Between Uncanny X-men 120 and 121
    Even though I have read all the classic Claremont/ Byrne issues
    I still am awed and impressed on how the facial expressions and words
    still create a magic that few comic book runs have shown.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I am currently reading the John Byrne Alpha Flight omnibus.
    Between Uncanny X-men 120 and 121
    Even though I have read all the classic Claremont/ Byrne issues
    I still am awed and impressed on how the facial expressions and words
    still create a magic that few comic book runs have shown.
    I purchased the AF Omnibus upon release, b/c I begged Marvel for it and wanted to put my money where my mouth is, but I've yet to dig into it yet...This post moved it to the on deck circle. Thanks MyTwoCents!

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vit Skorpion View Post
    It was okay and its very self-contained, it took Moon Knight to a new direction that also didn't go anywhere beyond the story of the book.
    As someone who hasn't read a ton of Moon Knight and NOT married to the source material, I enjoyed BMB's run. Artwork is top notch and it almost entirely takes place in LA, so the story has a chance to breathe outside of main happenings of the MU. I'm definitely picking this OHC up!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I have a purchasing question for ya'll:
    For stories that are collected in both classic and epic tpbs, for example, Alien Costume Saga Book 1/2 vs Ghosts of the Past Epic, should I stick exclusively to epics?
    There's double dipping with the second book if I choose to collect all 3, but Ghosts does not contain the beginning of that arc. In this situation, should I just buy the Epic and wait on/read digitally the issues preceding it?
    Personally, I went ahead and double-dipped because I don't expect ASM Epics to reproduce much of the SSM, MTU, or WoSM content from that period. The all-inclusive goal of the two-volume Alien Costume Saga TPBs strikes me as distinctly different from that of Epic Collections which tend to favor emphasizing the title series, adding supplemental content as necessary for story completeness.

Eventually, we may see SSM, MTU, or even WoSM Epic Collection series of their own, but I'm okay with possibly buying that material again when it hypothetically reappears in that form, perhaps 5-10 years from now.

I could never continue a long collected series in Hard cover like Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man or Archie All Star Comics.
    Usually there are other books more wanted or I did not care for that part of the books history.
    I have many holes in my Masterwork and Archives and probably will never fill much.
    So now I just go with what ever solicitation catches my eye and want like New Mutant Epic collection vol.1
    or Batman Golden Age Omnibus vol.1.
    As time goes on I will have to drop some books because of double dipping on stories or I just really do not care for the book
    (which happens a lot -lot
    Funny, I read long runs of Marvel and D C titles from the 70's through 2000, and loved them.
    But now find many hard to enjoy or not really something I care to "collect", but can and will enjoy a few selected
    collection of those runs.
    Perhaps in time a few runs will jump out at me again and I will collect everything available like when back in the day
    when I paying $10 a week for new books and than dumping another $100 a week for old stuff because I wanted
    runs of a few books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So I'm almost finished with the Claremont & Lee UXM Omni Vol. 1 and am kinda dismayed that only 7 issues were drawn by Lee. Looks like Vol. 2 has more but still not that many. I guess I never realized how short Jim Lee's tenure on X-Men was.
    That was an issue in the initial release. Amazon put a hold on the book over mis-advertising. It probably should have been Claremont & Silvestri.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    As someone who hasn't read a ton of Moon Knight and NOT married to the source material, I enjoyed BMB's run. Artwork is top notch and it almost entirely takes place in LA, so the story has a chance to breathe outside of main happenings of the MU. I'm definitely picking this OHC up!
    Me too and I liked the original stuff. Thought he brought the mental issues of Marc Spector logically forward. Overall the narrative was great, except the usual Bendis trope of spoilers:
    killing a significant character for effect
    end of spoilers.

quick question: is the second ohc of Aaron's Thor important for his Lady Thor run or can I just skip that and jump to LAdy thor? I dropped off from that series right after the Malekith story when it came out because I didn't care anymore (have vol 1 because the God butcher stuff was really good) but I wanna jump back to check out the Lady Thor stuff.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    quick question: is the second ohc of Aaron's Thor important for his Lady Thor run or can I just skip that and jump to LAdy thor? I dropped off from that series right after the Malekith story when it came out because I didn't care anymore (have vol 1 because the God butcher stuff was really good) but I wanna jump back to check out the Lady Thor stuff.
    If yo didnt like the Malekith stuff, you probably wont like the Roxxon Arc.
    Though im not sure how important it is to Lady Thor.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Assuming he means Fractions Hawkeye and not Lemires run on Hawkeye, I couldn't disagree more. Fractions run was every bit as good as the hype. Lemires GA was also very good, but in a more straight forward super hero sense. I would compare it more to Fractions run on Iron Fist rather than his Hawkeye, in how it expanded on the mythos of the character, strengthening his backstory.
    Oh, my mistake! I misread the OP as Lemire's GA vs. Lemire's Hawkeye.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Oh man! I really want to get this. I'm not a fan of MK, but I loved Maleev's art on DD and Bendis usually does street level characters well. Is this run any good?
    It's a substandard run. It's self contained. It has concepts that could've actually worked but the execution was poor. Also, as a longtime MK fan from the 80s' onward this book continued the narrative that Marc Spector has a mental illness. A concept I wholly reject. The taking of his multiple aliases and transforming that into a multiple personality disorder is something I long for Marvel Editorial to cease. Kinda like taking Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver back to their original status of not being related to Magneto.
    Bendis takes the concept and has Spector trying to incorporate other Avengers powerset into his by "becoming them".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Oh, my mistake! I misread the OP as Lemire's GA vs. Lemire's Hawkeye.
    All good! Not entirely sure that's not what op originally meant lol

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Looking at amazon and i noticed deadpool by posehn and duggan complete collection volume 1 is up for january. What are the chances of draculas gauntlet being included?

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone,

First time posting here, as I'm not usually a 'Marvel guy'... I have the reprint of the Punisher by Ennis and Dillon on pre-order, mainly because it used to be OOP and I love Preacher. Other than that I don't much about the character (which I'm fine with), but I'd like to know if I'd have a complete story with a clear beginning and end? Thanks!
    Last edited by Stargasm; 08-29-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi everyone,

First time posting here, as I'm not usually a 'Marvel guy'... I have the reprint of the Punisher by Ennis and Dillon, mainly because it used to be OOP and I love Preacher. Other than that I don't much about the character (which I'm fine with), but I'd like to know if I'd have a complete story with a clear beginning and end? Thanks!
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean since your post is a bit unclear (do you have the omni or not?) but I'll try to answer anyway.

The Punisher by Ennis Omni has several self-contained story arcs, as well as quite a few one-shots. That means it isn't one long story with an over-arching plot like Preacher. Most of the artwork is done by Dillon.

Then there's the Punisher MAX series by Ennis, which is darker and much more gritty and serious (the Omnibus is a bit more over the top in comparison and full of black humour). None of the artwork here is by Dillon (mainly Leandro Fernandez) and there are again separate story arcs. However, these feel a bit more connected than the stories in the Omnibus, mainly because of reappearing characters. Atm it is available in TPB collections (there have been OHCs, but particularly vol. 4 is hard to come by).

In any case, both runs are excellent and well worth the purchase.