Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Aka, Wolverine needs his punching bag back.

I only hope this is leading to a more organic story in helping Creed. Wolverine has enough villains left to job to him. Hell, let Persephone be his new arch foe. Creed lost his effectiveness at it in 2003.

As a Sabretooth fan, if this is the end, and he's reverted to a one-note Bopo-Clown Bag just because Wolverine is back, I am gonna be pissed. Sure, Wolverine's fans will love seeing Creed as Logan's accessory. But Sabretooth has fans too. Give us something to enjoy or at least be interested in, Marvel.
    Honestly, even as one who wasn’t really a Sabretooth fan, I actually enjoyed this take on Sabretooth. I enjoyed that Creed had personality that wasn’t just existing to troll Logan and that he wasn’t the pacifist that he had been back at the start of the inversion. This had honestly been some of the best he’s been in years and it was nice seeing that he genuinely wanted to be better than he was. Sadly after how things ended here, I’m not holding my breath for Marvel doing anything good with his character as you just know that even once they fix the savagery he’s been left in that he’s just gonna be back to evil again.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, even as one who wasn’t really a Sabretooth fan, I actually enjoyed this take on Sabretooth. I enjoyed that Creed had personality that wasn’t just existing to troll Logan and that he wasn’t the pacifist that he had been back at the start of the inversion. This had honestly been some of the best he’s been in years and it was nice seeing that he genuinely wanted to be better than he was. Sadly after how things ended here, I’m not holding my breath for Marvel doing anything good with his character as you just know that even once they fix the savagery he’s been left in that he’s just gonna be back to evil again.
    Though a broken record, I preferred Bunn, Brisson, or Duggan's takes on him. This version was too "naive" & de-aged. I give MArvel too much credit, but my wishful thinking has me hoping for another book with Monet, Graydon, and some other characters trying to find where Creed is, and possibly help him.

Pak came out with a statement. He's got another Marvel project coming, and at least one character from this series will be in it.
    Future.jpg

It may end up just being Domino or Deadpool. But maybe one of the characters that hasn't appeared in any solicits or covers will be the one. It won't be Sabretooth, as it's clear Pak never had much care for him. Could be Graydon, whom he decided to bring back.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The ritual was completed to revive Stryker. Sabretooth was used as the sacrifice. When he enters into Hell again, he decapitates Stryker and Graydon gets swapped out in his place for the revival.
    Graydon has potential, but is he bringing his FoH back too? Maybe the Upstarts?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Supposed 2 be. You should see the non-edited version.
    Attachment 74872
    Who is this white girl, wheres Monet

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Who is this white girl, wheres Monet
    Um... it’s actually a pretty reasonable depiction. Monet’s ethnic makeup is 1/4 black, 1/4 white, and 1/2 Algerian. And Algerians aren’t that dark. See Sofia Boutella.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Um... it’s actually a pretty reasonable depiction. Monet’s ethnic makeup is 1/4 black, 1/4 white, and 1/2 Algerian. And Algerians aren’t that dark. See Sofia Boutella.
    Except her skin has always been portrayed as darker than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except her skin has always been portrayed as darker than that.
    It’s varied wildly throughout her history. Still, unless there’s a retconned ethnicity change (making Bishop related to Gateway and thus Indigonous Australian didn’t make sense), I would think it makes more sense to depict a character as an accurate-looking version of how they were conceived.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

It’s varied wildly throughout her history. Still, unless there’s a retconned ethnicity change (making Bishop related to Gateway and thus Indigonous Australian didn’t make sense), I would think it makes more sense to depict a character as an accurate-looking version of how they were conceived.
    Gateway is Australian? I thought he was Indian (for some reason) and because of that I thought Bishop was Indian too, guess I was wrong.

That's like saying 1/2 Hispanic. That isn't tied to Monet's race and wouldn't excuse Monet getting that lightskin/white girl coloring.

Well M was conceived as a black girl. Curly black hair, full features, and light brown to caramel skin .

So the whitewashing where she's fair-skinned wirh straight light brown hair does not accurately represent her conception lol And it does come off as a race change / retcon.

So white girl Monet is not a lot of people's Monet. Whether you think she's black or not, her correct & original coloring is brown skin + black hair. Unless Lobdell changed it, or wanted it changed.

BANNED

That's not "black girl" curly that's "white girl wavey" and she's rather mixed especially with those green eyes in that first panel. She looks more like Vanessa Williams in those scans. To me anyway.

Either way Weapon X isn't exactly known for excellent art, so I don't get why ya'll aren't surprised. If anything Monet's consistently been inconsistent in her colouring. Look...her fingernails are the same colour as her hands.

This whole determining race based on shitty coloring is fruitless. It's that whole black/blue white/gold dress argument. People are going to see different things when they look at art and be very adamant in what they see.

Unless you can literally see through someone else's eyes you're never going to get anywhere arguing this. It's stupid. There are issues with white washing in comics, but sometimes a sloppy job is just that. Most of Monet's appreciation thread is arguing over how inconsistent Marvel has been in how she is depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That's like saying 1/2 Hispanic. That isn't tied to Monet's race and wouldn't excuse Monet getting that lightskin/white girl coloring.
    Even Roberto aka sunspot got white skin. I don't know why get POC characters with dark skin to whitewash then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Even Roberto aka sunspot got white skin. I don't know why get POC characters with dark skin to whitewash then
    I'm honestly surprised no one ever posts scans from asking the colorists on social media why /how those decisions are made. People are more than willing and able to interact with writers/artists....why not ask directly on their social media platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Unless you can literally see through someone else's eyes you're never going to get anywhere arguing this. It's stupid. There are issues with white washing in comics, but sometimes a sloppy job is just that. Most of Monet's appreciation thread is arguing over how inconsistent Marvel has been in how she is depicted.
    Honestly, I can agree. I don't mind debating M's coloring or race. But this isn't the place for it. Weapon X has been a flawed comic from day one, and I am more offended at the characterization and destruction of characters than sloppy coloring.

Personally, I agree that coloring was not good, but Hell, she's been jumping around since this series started. I made note of it & complained when she showed up in issue 22. So I don't get how it's only just now being noticed. lol Unless some didn't read the early issues, and only looked in here because it was the end.

Here's an example of Monet's jumping around in issue 22.

Here are the panels where she's brown.
    Attachment 74900

Then here's the panels where she clearly isn't. lol
    Attachment 74901
    So her going back to white this chapter wasn't a surprise. Annoying sure, but M flip-flopping has just become the standard. I keep posting links for fans to write in to the X-Office and complain about their lack of consistency. I wrote them a few times. But just one person writing won't change much -as we see here with WX where she's still ping-ponging.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Even Roberto aka sunspot got white skin. I don't know why get POC with dark skin to whitewash then
    Honestly for a society that claims to be liberal and progressive, racial issues seem to have regressed. At least back 70's - 90's, having major characters, actress, or models with dark skin wasn't uncommon. Nowadays, POC can't be any darker than the lightest brown or tan. Otherwise, it's not marketable or attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm honestly surprised no one ever posts scans from asking the colorists on social media why /how those decisions are made. People are more than willing and able to interact with writers/artists....why not ask directly on their social media platforms?
    Someone did ask about Sunspot on a panel. I didn't get to hear it. But they said the officials played dumb like they didn't know he was whitewashed, or that he used to be much darker.

Then some of the people working for Marvel are very sensitive & block fans for criticism. I am blocked by Mariko Tamaki on twitter, and I never even tweeted her. I didn't know who she was before Claws of A Killer. Yet somehow, I have offended her enough to be blocked. I guess the very negative things I said about Pak's writing are the culprit.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-13-2018 at 06:44 AM.

BANNED

Honestly, I can agree. I don't mind debating M's coloring or race. But this isn't the place for it. Weapon X has been a flawed comic from day one, and I am more offended at the characterization and destruction of characters than sloppy coloring.

Personally, I agree that coloring was not good, but Hell, she's been jumping around since this series started. I made note of it & complained when she showed up in issue 22. So I don't get how it's only just now being noticed. lol Unless some didn't read the early issues, and only looked in here because it was the end.
    So her going back to white this chapter wasn't a surprise. Annoying sure, but M flip-flopping has just become the standard. I keep posting links for fans to write in to the X-Office and complain about their lack of consistency. I wrote them a few times. But just one person writing won't change much -as we see here with WX where she's still ping-ponging.
    I REALLY want to know exactly what the editors at Marvel actually do because there is SO much that just reads as being lazy from a lot of books. Especially in the Xoffices.

Honestly for a society that claims to be liberal and progressive, racial issues seem to have regressed. At least back 70's - 90's, having major characters, actress, or models with dark skin wasn't uncommon. Nowadays, POC can't be any darker than the lightest brown or tan. Otherwise, it's not marketable or attractive.
    Truth is it never went away. It never honestly got better. There were a few examples of progress, but the ignorance was always there and in whispers. Our society now is one where people say whatever they want...it began on social media and there's been a bleed into real life because there aren't any consequences. There's a lack of social shame and decorum in the way people interact and I don't think we're ever going to get it back. It's more honest, but people generally aren't nice.

Someone did ask about Sunspot on a panel. I didn't get to hear it. But they said the officials played dumb like they didn't know he was whitewashed, or that he used to be much darker. Then some of the people working for Marvel are very sensitive & block fans for criticism. I am blocked by Mariko Tamaki on twitter, and I never even tweeted her. I didn't know who she was before Claws of A Killer. Yet somehow, I have offended her enough to be blocked. I guess the very negative things I said about Pak's writing are the culprit.
    Comics need their own "movement" like MeToo & TimesUp that ignites a social revolution to say "enough is enough" with the "i didnt know" bullshit. Editors need to do their jobs on many levels, but I honestly dont think the people in those positions actually want to be there because you dont sense a passion for anything coming out.