Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    but that is kinda the problem. the crucible was more for him than karma, but then they make a big deal of her coming back without him being there. im sure it will come back later as to why it wasnt done here but it feels like a waste to not do it now where it would have had a greater impact
    you're presuming that it's a clean moment. New Mutants under vita has had a lot of underlying tension and I don't believe for a second that tran not coming back quick and clean was just so that he could pop up in page one of the next issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    but that is kinda the problem. the crucible was more for him than karma, but then they make a big deal of her coming back without him being there. im sure it will come back later as to why it wasnt done here but it feels like a waste to not do it now where it would have had a greater impact
    Are you serious? There's no problem here. If they want to spread the story out over a couple of issues so what?

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Are you serious? There's no problem here. If they want to spread the story out over a couple of issues so what?
    They are dragging some storylines and this is a very simple page to show us the readers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Between this and Northstar's subterfuge with Moonstar and Karma over in X-Factor, I wonder how many supporters Chuck is going to lose in that hinted-at mutant divide.
    Most likely none,since since those "supporters" have blown their heads off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They are dragging some storylines and this is a very simple page to show us the readers
    And that simple page showed that Tran wasnt there alongside Karma which means either he wasnt resurrected or there was something went wrong with trying to bring him back. Vita and Reis did not forget this important plot element in the story that they have created. Ya'll need to be patient. I'll reserve the right to stand corrected if this never comes up in future issues but it seems intentional rather than a massive oversight

Xavier even notes that separation is not guaranteed and if it happens, it could come at the cost of some permanent change to either of them. Im sure Vita will explore that as this data page wasnt thrown out there for nothing
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-26-2021 at 02:42 PM.

BANNED

Meta-Reason , they made KARMA still have the metal leg so People would keep on thinking about her and talking about her , No-Prize excuse , like with Callisto’s eyepatch , its just a boot , for aesthetic purposes !

I expect this to continue, but next issue is already the Gala issue. Not sure if they want to solve this issue on the gla issue.

Extraordinary Member

There is hostility against Cosmar? never saw this here. She is a victim of her powers and the adults tell ther sto suck up because it is part of her mutant identity. Cosmar is damn right
    Dilly Dilly!!!

She just wants her normal look back and to not look like she does. And Pretty Dani Moonstar pretty much craps all over that with her "your mutant self" crap.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And that simple page showed that Tran wasnt there alongside Karma which means either he wasnt resurrected or there was something went wrong with trying to bring him back. Vita and Reis did not forget this important plot element in the story that they have created. Ya'll need to be patient. I'll reserve the right to stand corrected if this never comes up in future issues but it seems intentional rather than a massive oversight

Xavier even notes that separation is not guaranteed and if it happens, it could come at the cost of some permanent change to either of them. Im sure Vita will explore that as this data page wasnt thrown out there for nothing
    Holy fork, we haven't seen actual interaction involving karma, what if Tran took over?

Edit: Worse, even if we did see her interact with her friends, Tran would also have his sister's memories, no? He could stay undercover for a quite a while and have time to stir trouble!

My discount rack headcanons:

- Tran may have taken over Karma's body (have fun dealing with that time of the month, loser.)
    - Tran may start working with Shadow king or the opposite, snitch him to the authorities, we then have a feud arc with the shadow king and start a ''Karma gets a promotion'' story arc but in reality, it's just Tran gaining access to sensible Krakoan data.
    - Karma is starting to act sus: honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a violent psycho banging h*es.
    - Some of the new mutants may notice something is up, will definitely think it has to do with Tran.
    - By the time Tran is busted, he already has done much harm to the government or whatever.
    -There's a new ''Go after Tran & save Karma'' story arc.
    - Tran proceeds to do something that pisses off the humans and gets the mutants in deepshits, reviving political tension. (That bastard created the Covid-21!)
    - They ultimately kick Tran's flat ass and asspull Karma back into her body but the human societies wants her in court or whatever and now, the mutants have to deal with the tough situation: donate Karma to the humans or defend her, keep her safe on Krakoa and risk foreign intervention.

Of course, that'd be too big of a storyline, lol.
    Last edited by Pallas; 05-26-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Dilly Dilly!!!

She just wants her normal look back and to not look like she does. And Pretty Dani Moonstar pretty much craps all over that with her "your mutant self" crap.
    Dani was very insensible with Cosmar, it is easy to tell others to suck up when things are easier to you. I think Dani is really taking Krakoa too seriously and not being reasonable

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was another great issue. Ayala's writing in this book always has a nice weight to it, even though the story may not have advanced very much in this issue, I still feel satisfied with the amount of depth in the character development. Reis' art is so beautiful, it's a shame he won't be sticking around.

As for Karma's leg, the writers and editors already said way back when resurrection was first revealed that it would not be used to erase disability representation. Karma having a prosthetic leg does not negatively affect any readers, but it could be incredibly meaningful to disabled readers.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Words fail me.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Dani was very insensible with Cosmar, it is easy to tell others to suck up when things are easier to you. I think Dani is really taking Krakoa too seriously and not being reasonable
    I also love that they bring up Martha's condition.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-26-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was another great issue. Ayala's writing in this book always has a nice weight to it, even though the story may not have advanced very much in this issue, I still feel satisfied with the amount of depth in the character development. Reis' art is so beautiful, it's a shame he won't be sticking around.

As for Karma's leg, the writers and editors already said way back when resurrection was first revealed that it would not be used to erase disability representation. Karma having a prosthetic leg does not negatively affect any readers, but it could be incredibly meaningful to disabled readers.
    Which made sense if a person doesnt die but it makes ZERO sense for them to still have a prosthetic leg post-resurrection. Her metal leg was not a part of her mutation or a side effect of it. How do they clone her body and it emerge from the egg with a metal prosthetic? If she wanted it and they decide to outfit her with one later, then that would work, but not the way it was presented

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

It's not a disability that she was born with. Does that mean that those mutants who died of severe injuries (eyes gouged out) or arms torn off won't have their original limbs back?

I believe that in Hellions, some of them died with their limbs torn off recently but was resurrected whole.

Then why didn't anybody tell Cosmar that she can't get back her original body even if she died?

Ayata's writing is contradictory for both Karma and Cosmar.

I hope that Rod made a mistake in drawing her metal leg.
    Last edited by ericng; 05-26-2021 at 04:14 PM.