Page 429 of 631 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 9460
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Good job moderators...some people just don't know what the word "Appreciation" means...

Mighty Member

Gotta brag, I got my first Sub-mariner collectible, the Bowen mini-bust. Also got the Imperius Rex V-neck just came in time for the comic convention this Saturday but a size too small. Redbubble was very nice about it though, they let me stay with the medium which I'll give to my daughter and are sending a large one.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Gotta brag, I got my first Sub-mariner collectible, the Bowen mini-bust. Also got the Imperius Rex V-neck just came in time for the comic convention this Saturday but a size too small. Redbubble was very nice about it though, they let me stay with the medium which I'll give to my daughter and are sending a large one.
    Awesome and welcome news! The Subby Bowen Bust, not the wrong size shirt. Though I think it is awesome that you are giving the shirt to your daughter. Instilling an appreciation for Namor in the next generation!

At some point, after plenty of practice, I would really like to customize one of those like this... with some smaller gold wings.

http://ficchiillustration.com/statue...e-work/2007-3/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2016 at 01:14 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yep. I mean, there's sort of an ugly condescension to spoilers:
    Sue's statement that Ben and Johnny aren't finished with their act ... while the rest of the FF are 'enlightened' enough to move on up to the 'divine FF.'
    end of spoilers Probably not what Hickman intended, but it's there.

Don't get me started again on Marvel's treatment of Namor. LOL! I'm staring real hard at that Everett cover!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Johnny and Ben are'nt really role models like the rest but............it's not like the other 2 to exclude them from ANYTHING
    It sort of sounds like the end of Lost. Most of them moved on. The survivors in the All Faith's Chapel did anyway but, some went back to The Island and were put in charge. They had grown in spirit but, not enough yet to move on and it was their turn to go through the crucible and suffer helping others not yet enlightened. Ben Linus and Hurley grew but not enough to leave. It was their turn in Jack's and Sawyer's and Kate's positions as leaders.

Marvel was condescensionally saying Ben and Torch had not grown enough spiritually, I guess (not having read it....boycott) :-)
    Sounds like an awesome week. Even if you can't debut your T. Congrats on the new bust and your good taste in not wearing the one that was too small. Enjoy the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    It sort of sounds like the end of Lost. Most of them moved on. The survivors in the All Faith's Chapel did anyway but, some went back to The Island and were put in charge. They had grown in spirit but, not enough yet to move on and it was their turn to go through the crucible and suffer helping others not yet enlightened. Ben Linus and Hurley grew but not enough to leave. It was their turn in Jack's and Sawyer's and Kate's positions as leaders.

Marvel was condescensionally saying Ben and Torch had not grown enough spiritually, I guess (not having read it....boycott) :-)
    I really don't think Hickman was suggesting they weren't enlightened enough yet. I mean... Bentley-666 is with em, after all. I kinda took Reed and Sue's comments as if Ben's and Torch's lives as superheroes was far from over. That the new universe still needed them and they couldn't be taken away to be with the Future Foundation. Reed's melancholy is more about missing them and not having them be there with him and his family doin science.

Where are your pics of the bust, Mister!?
    I wanna see it!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Mighty Member

At some point, after plenty of practice, I would really like to customize one of those like this... with some smaller gold wings.
    Wow, pretty neat, very good job on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Sounds like an awesome week. Even if you can't debut your T. Congrats on the new bust and your good taste in not wearing the one that was too small. Enjoy the convention.
    Thanks Custodes, I will and will be on the lookout for any Namor memorabilia to post in here. Allen Bellman from the golden age will be in the convention and Aaaron Kuder the current Superman artist as well as the actor that plays the Flash dad (Flash from the 90's) so I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Where are your pics of the bust, Mister!?
    I wanna see it!
    Ask and it shall be given. Here's the Namor mini bust in all his glory, and the Imperius Rex v-neck in all his smallness. I was surprised to see how the shirt letter colors are kind of faded and not as vibrant as the one I printed myself.
    1a.jpg
    1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Captain America 75th Anniversary special is on in 4 days. What are the chances they'll mention Namor while talking about Cap's early days?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

W

Ask and it shall be given. Here's the Namor mini bust in all his glory, and the Imperius Rex v-neck in all his smallness. I was surprised to see how the shirt letter colors are kind of faded and not as vibrant as the one I printed myself.
    1a.jpg
    1.jpg

I love that bust!
    I think I want to get the one designed after his solo cover.
    I gotta have the ankle wings!

I must have missed your shirt?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Captain America 75th Anniversary special is on in 4 days. What are the chances they'll mention Namor while talking about Cap's early days?
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. Although for now the cinematic universe has skipped the golden age period with only a nod to the Human Torch in the first Cap movie, they have mentioned other non movie characters in previous specials so I wouldn't be surprised..

Namor's future daughter appearing in New Avengers 5 next week -- in case anyone would care to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Namor's future daughter appearing in New Avengers 5 next week -- in case anyone would care to check it out.
    Thanks for the tip! Though judging by the preview, it looks like Demiurge is set to massacre them.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Although for now the cinematic universe has skipped the golden age period with only a nod to the Human Torch in the first Cap movie, they have mentioned other non movie characters in previous specials so I wouldn't be surprised..
    It's odd they've never mentioned Namor. I feel as if he's the middle child of the Golden Age...
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-15-2016 at 06:54 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

I love that bust!
    I think I want to get the one designed after his solo cover. I gotta have the ankle wings!
    You mean the full statue? That is a good one. I love the ankle wings too. I know you hated the redesign of the wings from the movie poster I posted before.

I must have missed your shirt?
    Hmm don't know why the forum counted one of my pictures twice. Here's the shirt.
    1b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Though judging by the preview, it looks like Demiurge is set to massacre them.
    I believe they'll travel back in time, team up with the New Avengers to purge Moridun from Billy's body, preventing Evil-Demiurge and allowing for Good-Demiurge to exist in the future.

Great panels from a nice issue from Fraction's Defenders. As as always, Fraction gave with one hand and took with the other -- but you could tell he loved the character. I didn't care for the Captain Nemo retcon at all. But the rest, like these panels was pretty cool.

Though I was disappointed that the plotline never was picked up on -- the Daughters of Pontus, I believe. It sounded like they would return and cause problems.

Thanks for sharing them!
    Unlike some writers <cough, Hickman> you can tell Fraction actually did some research on Namor and wrote him with respect. It was nice to see the Defenders having an adventure in his element for a change. Not everyone realizes that Namor is more or less in charge of every race and species beneath the waves which should make it impossible to do a successful sneak attack against Atlantis and when you factor in technology and sorcery his city should be impregnable.

At the end of the series the timeline got erased so nearly everything we read didn't happen which means the Daughters are still hibernating.