Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I have zero faith in Aaron's Loki, I love Ewing's Loki much better.
    I'm the exact opposite. I did not like Ewing's Loki run and am very pleased with this new direction. I have faith that Aaron's take on the character will deliver. We'll need to see more to fully judge, of course.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Is the dialogue at Bifrost a hint from Aaron that Odinson is hiding as a Thunder Guard?
    And just when you thought Thor couldn't sink any lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I have zero faith in Aaron's Loki, I love Ewing's Loki much better.
    Don't sweat it. I have enough faith for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Maliketh the Accursed is my favorite thing in this story. I'm enjoying the carnage of "War of Realms" too much. I wanna join that Dark Council lol!
    I can't recall the last time a baddie has felt this fully fleshed out. He rally should be one of the wider Marvel universe's heavies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    And just when you thought Thor couldn't sink any lower.
    When I say hiding, I suspect in a "something is rotten in the state of Asgard" way. In that he may be trying to get a clearer view of what is going on as part of a strategy. Of course the hint I perceive could just be a foreshadowing. He may disguise himself briefly as part of a later plot line. If you re-read Aaron he does use foreshadowing quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I can't recall the last time a baddie has felt this fully fleshed out. He rally should be one of the wider Marvel universe's heavies.
    I think it has taken a while for Aaron to flesh out Malekith, but I agree he feels quite well drawn now. Certainly a lot more than the total waste of Eccleston's acting talent that he was in the movie, even though the character here does feel movie inspired.

Niffleheim

Anybody wonder what Cul meant by the Age of Thor is finished? The way he swept away Mjǫllnir as if it was nothing has me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Anybody wonder what Cul meant by the Age of Thor is finished? The way he swept away Mjǫllnir as if it was nothing has me worried.
    It was certainly an interesting development. It does feel like he has been finding ways to counteract Thor. The Thunder Guard feel like Thortroopers. Clearly Freyja and Thor are the biggest threat to the new order so it makes sense that Bor and Odin would prepare themselves.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Malekith is an interesting player to be sure, and what's surprises me is Enchantress and her role in all this. I know she wants Odinson, but her thirst to see Jane's head off is rather unlike her normally. I have a feeling that she's going to become a bit like Emma Frost somehow in all this and play things between those that are heroes and those that are in the Council. I have no doubt that Cul is probably up to no good, but the question is, what? As for the Rebellion, I'm pretty sure Sif will be a part of that, and probably the tone she used on the idea that Loki was different when they last saw him will come in to play here as she may work with him during this time.

I thought they were setting up for Frejya and Odin's daughter to take the throne, and not Odinson. Also this brings up a curiosity, if Malekith was a heavy in the MU just what sort of havoc would he reek?

Oh and talking the Giants to death, very clever for the God/dess of Stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I thought they were setting up for Frejya and Odin's daughter to take the throne, and not Odinson
    When the Queen of Cinders arrives she will burn them all. So yes I think she may end up briefly and spectacularly in charge.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I loved Loki! This carries on perfectly from Journey into Mystery and Agent of Asgard, while adding the next layer of growth for the character. Aaron will be a good steward for Loki. I can't wait to see what he wants to talk about with Thor!

I agree, Malekith is an interesting player and a fascinating architect of his Dark Council. I'm very interested to see how his plans are to unfold. He seems to have a full on plan with various layers. And I'm glad to see that there's still the mystery of the whereabouts of Odinson. Does Malekith know where he is?

Jane is doing what she can, but can definitely see that something big is developing and is quite worried about everything imploding! Great issue!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Can someone tell me when and how Laufey was resserected?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Can someone tell me when and how Laufey was resserected?
    They relcalimed his skull then we jumped multiple months so they have had time to do a bit of magic.
    Lets face it, as soon as the skull was in the stories it was obvious he was comming back.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    They relcalimed his skull then we jumped multiple months so they have had time to do a bit of magic.
    Lets face it, as soon as the skull was in the stories it was obvious he was comming back.
    Just making sure I didnt miss anything as I am new to Thor with the relaunch.

So it was off panel during the time-jump. Gotcha.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Dario and Malekith went and slaughtered some light elves to make it happen, they needed copious amounts of blood to complete the ritual. But yeah, they never actually showed the moment of resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Malekith is an interesting player to be sure, and what's surprises me is Enchantress and her role in all this. I know she wants Odinson, but her thirst to see Jane's head off is rather unlike her normally. I have a feeling that she's going to become a bit like Emma Frost somehow in all this and play things between those that are heroes and those that are in the Council. I have no doubt that Cul is probably up to no good, but the question is, what? As for the Rebellion, I'm pretty sure Sif will be a part of that, and probably the tone she used on the idea that Loki was different when they last saw him will come in to play here as she may work with him during this time.

I thought they were setting up for Frejya and Odin's daughter to take the throne, and not Odinson. Also this brings up a curiosity, if Malekith was a heavy in the MU just what sort of havoc would he reek?

Oh and talking the Giants to death, very clever for the God/dess of Stories.

I don't think they are setting up Odinson to take the throne, at least not just yet. There is nothing here that would change the rules of succession to grant it to him, and him running off to wherever it is he went doesn't exactly put him in a good place to take it. But on the other hand, we know that even if the new daughter is the rightful heir first of all she is a BABY, not fit to be ruling anything just yet, and we know that even after she is old enough it won't actually happen, because (though I don't think it will be happening just yet) Thor must end up as king at some point, because we've seen that in the future. *Technically* if you eliminate Lausssa (sp?) due to being too young, as of right now, Angela is next in line for the throne. The problem is that if you look at that situation, you can see it is probably not a good one. Angela was raised by the angels and knows nothing about how Asgard or the interactions between the various realms works, and during Secret Wars it was teased that she would end up being a tyrannical ruler bound by the letter of the law with no consideration for what is actually right. What they have done though is much like in Agent of Asgard where Loki being self-serving was the correct course of action for all involved, is set up a situation where Loki doing his usual old thing of making a grab for the throne could actually be the best course of action for everyone involved, for once. It's something he himself has said he no longer wants, but Odin's gone nuts (possibly has fallen under Cul's influence), and needs to be removed from power for the good of everyone, but Thor's missing, Freyja's imprisoned, Angela's not cut out for it and busy conquering Hel anyway, the baby is far too young... He's, shockingly enough, the most reasonable option left standing with a legit claim to the throne.