Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kavita Rao, Sofia Mantega, Stevie Hunter & Tom Corsi for Humans Aligned With Mutants

Adam X, Aurora, Bling, Cecilia Reyes, Empath, Fixx, Madison Jeffries, Nature Girl, Omega, Pestilence (Ichisumi), Sunfire, Trance, Vange Whedon, Warpath as missing mutants

Danger, whatever category she fits into.

Avalanche, Destiny, Mimic, Synch, among many others, who are dead mutants that could theoretically be back.

BANNED

Abigail Brand is a mutant.

It's an assumption that all the characters on the SDCC slide are actually going to appear in X-Men. At least until someone at Marvel comes out and explicitly says something along the lines of "We will definitely be doing meaningful things with each character we showed. Their reason for being on that slide wasn't only to give a sense of scale and tease."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Kavita Rao, Sofia Mantega, Stevie Hunter & Tom Corsi for Humans Aligned With Mutants

Adam X, Aurora, Bling, Cecilia Reyes, Empath, Fixx, Madison Jeffries, Nature Girl, Omega, Pestilence (Ichisumi), Sunfire, Trance, Vange Whedon, Warpath as missing mutants

Avalanche, Destiny, Mimic, Synch, among many others, who are dead mutants that could theoretically be back.
    Wild Child has been dead since the original Romulus story

Shogo is missing from the list, but I’m not sure what category you’d put him in.

Same for Gabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Wild Child and Diamond Lil for the dead ones

Astonishing Member

Im surprised Omega wasnt in the Omega mutants list. He was basically Vulcan 2. Two very similar origin stories about absorbing mutant energies in M Day if I recall correctly. He is the guy Bendis created that killed all of Alpha Flight.

Mikhail Rasputin has been in exile in another dimension since the mid 2000s, and Colossus has a son he doesnt know about in the Savage Land.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Wild Child and Diamond Lil for the dead ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Match and Trance are missing
    Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I came up with quite a few more unaccounted for...
    Still missing Madison Jeffries, Warpath/James Proudstar, Nature Girl/Lin Li, Transonic/Laurie Tromette, Firestar/Angelica Jones, Gloriana/Meggan Braddock, Thunderbird III/Neal Shaara, Eye-Boy/Trevor Hawkins, Marrow/Sarah, Sprite/Jia Jing, Trance/Hope Abbott, Cecilia Reyes, Wiz Kid/Takeshi Matsuya, Skids/Sally Blevins, Match/Ben Hammil, Tempus/Eva Bell, Bling!/Roxy Washington, Beak/Barnell Bohusk, Shatterstar/Gaveedra Seven, Magma/Amara Aquilla, Primal/Teon Macik and Kylun/Colin McKay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Thunderbird III (Neal) should be among the missing X-men.

Added! Thanks y'all! With the whole nature/natural evolution vs technology and AI motif going on, I wonder if Danger would fall in line with her former peers on an island that isn't exactly welcoming to her or go against Xavier. I wouldn't be surprised if she betrayed the X-Men to screw over Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Abigail Brand is a mutant.
    She's a WHAT

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's an assumption that all the characters on the SDCC slide are actually going to appear in X-Men. At least until someone at Marvel comes out and explicitly says something along the lines of "We will definitely be doing meaningful things with each character we showed. Their reason for being on that slide wasn't only to give a sense of scale and tease."
    I wouldn't say it's an assumption as most of the people on the panel are mentioned directly by Hickman, on the cover of the first issue of X-Men, or appear in the other Dawn of X titles. If anything, I'd say the panel of characters is barely scratching the surface of mutants who'll be showcased in the Dawn of X era.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Shogo is missing from the list, but I’m not sure what category you’d put him in.

Same for Gabby.
    I think it's safe to put Shogo in the Excalibur supporting cast. Same with Gabby in Fallen Angels.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She's a WHAT
    Yeah, Abigail Brand is half Alien, and half human Mutant.

Also, Justice/Vance Astrovik in the unaffiliated Mutants.

And from the Raksha in the missing, it's just Whisper Doll, not Whispering Doll.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-08-2019 at 01:46 AM.

I wouldn't say it's an assumption as most of the people on the panel are mentioned directly by Hickman, on the cover of the first issue of X-Men, or appear in the other Dawn of X titles. If anything, I'd say the panel of characters is barely scratching the surface of mutants who'll be showcased in the Dawn of X era.
    My experience with Marvel so far is that they tend to present something one way only for the truth to be entirely different. Sometimes innocently, sometimes deliberate. One example being this banner.

It was used as a banner at a Comic-Con back when Polaris, Rachel and Havok were still in space. There was tons of speculation about how it must mean the Starjammers are returning to Earth, that they'd be involved in major X-Men comic events, that maybe Lorna's proximity to Apocalypse meant she'd have stories tied to her time as Pestilence (something I thought might happen). Then Marvel eventually came out and said the banner didn't represent any plans, whether story-wise or what characters they were going to use. It was just whatever random characters the artist wanted to draw.

Maybe all the characters on the SDCC slide will show up after all. Maybe not. We don't really know unless someone in charge at Marvel explicitly says all of them will be there. Personally, I'd have a separate category of "might be in X-Men" for characters that were on the slide but haven't been confirmed. But, it's not my list. This is just my thoughts.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

I think it's safe to put Shogo in the Excalibur supporting cast. Same with Gabby in Fallen Angels.
    Disagree. Yes, Shogo will probably be in Excalibur, but Gabby will NOT be in Fallen Angels. At the end of X-23, when she changed her name from Honey Badger to Scout, she declared that she had her own mission. She's no longer going to be accompanying Laura everywhere she goes. She's therefore more likely to be wherever Glob, Armor and the other kids end up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Hope Summers ?

BANNED

She's a WHAT

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Maybe all the characters on the SDCC slide will show up after all. Maybe not. We don't really know unless someone in charge at Marvel explicitly says all of them will be there. Personally, I'd have a separate category of "might be in X-Men" for characters that were on the slide but haven't been confirmed. But, it's not my list. This is just my thoughts.
    Pretty sure Hickman himself has said everyone in promo is gonna show up in some capacity. Maybe White’s said it too but I’m less certain. What this “some capacity” is we’ll have to see

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Pretty sure Hickman himself has said everyone in promo is gonna show up in some capacity. Maybe White’s said it too but I’m less certain. What this “some capacity” is we’ll have to see
    If they've said that, then yeah, I agree on putting those characters down as appearing on X-Men. There's confirmation then. The SDCC slide is the only thing I've personally seen so far and I don't think the slide alone counts as confirmation.