Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    One thing that the Arrowverse Multiverse hasn't really done (outside of Crisis on Earth X and Flash) is the multiple versions of the various characters. It's mainly been used to sequester the various shows in their own little pockets. Flash is really the only show that stands to lose anything from the merger storytelling wise.
    Even then a merged Earth could probably bring over some of what they'd lose, such as making Shipp's Jay Garrick a member of the Earth-1 JSA (although how they'd explain away season 2 in the new timeline would be interesting).

I will be honest, I don't see it nor would I like Michael B. Jordan to play Clark Kent / Kal-El
    Henry Cavill is still the one who most resembles the superman New Earth / Prime Earth but would have no problem with Jordan playing Val-Zod or President Calvin Ellis of Earth 23

Cavill's played Superman 3 times already.

He was working with bad scripts but he's also a bad actor. It's time to move on.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    I will be honest, I don't see it nor would I like Michael B. Jordan to play Clark Kent / Kal-El
    Henry Cavill is still the one who most resembles the superman New Earth / Prime Earth but would have no problem with Jordan playing Val-Zod or President Calvin Ellis of Earth 23
    Jordan has been clear about not wanting to play Clark, but a alternate Superman anyways.

Honestly with the success of Joker, he should try pitching a "one-off" movie, I could see WB taking it. It seems like his reason for not moving forward was that he didn't want to commit for years, but if it's a alternate universe anyways, why not just sign on for one?

I’d like to see Cavill return. It his was version that first made me take notice of the character. I’d be cool with Jordan though. It would obviously be a version we’ve never seen before which could be really interesting. Casting Jordan would also bring some attention to the project.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jordan has been clear about not wanting to play Clark, but a alternate Superman anyways.

Honestly with the success of Joker, he should try pitching a "one-off" movie, I could see WB taking it. It seems like his reason for not moving forward was that he didn't want to commit for years, but if it's a alternate universe anyways, why not just sign on for one?
    In this political climate, I'd definitely be favoring Calvin Ellis if I were him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think this is such a good idea. Calvin Ellis or Val Zod or even Clark Kent would work for me. I think Superman is dying for an Into the Spiderverse style adventure like Multiversity or Final Crisis Superman Beyond.

Retired

Personally, I thought that Michael B. Jordan's acting was meh when he was Reggie on ALL MY CHILDREN and in everything I've seen after that. But I haven't seen his recent movie roles, so maybe he's improved.

I don't think he's a box office draw. In a world where Ryan Gosling doesn't open movies, being a good actor doesn't count for much anymore. There are only a very few actors that can open a movie.

When Will Smith was at the top of the box office, him playing Superman would make sense, because his star power would be a draw. But nowadays that's not what gets people to the cinema.

As an Elseworlds, a Sunshine Superman movie is the kind of high concept that could maybe generate a lot of box office. But I see the actor for that being someone of bigger stature, above 6'4" with a massive build. More like the classic Jim Kelly in his heyday.

Cool Re:

I'd love to see a live-action Val-Zod. I think Jordan would be perfect in such a role. *crosses fingers*

Heck, I wouldn't be averse to a Val/Kara focus rather than Clark/Lois, if it comes to that.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Personally, I thought that Michael B. Jordan's acting was meh when he was Reggie on ALL MY CHILDREN and in everything I've seen after that. But I haven't seen his recent movie roles, so maybe he's improved.

I don't think he's a box office draw. In a world where Ryan Gosling doesn't open movies, being a good actor doesn't count for much anymore. There are only a very few actors that can open a movie.

When Will Smith was at the top of the box office, him playing Superman would make sense, because his star power would be a draw. But nowadays that's not what gets people to the cinema.

As an Elseworlds, a Sunshine Superman movie is the kind of high concept that could maybe generate a lot of box office. But I see the actor for that being someone of bigger stature, above 6'4" with a massive build. More like the classic Jim Kelly in his heyday.
    Wow! I have been sold since he was on the Wire, but I definitely became a fan with Fruitville Station and Creed. I think the key is opening up the universe for Superman.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Wow! I have been sold since he was on the Wire, but I definitely became a fan with Fruitville Station and Creed. I think the key is opening up the universe for Superman.
    I'm sure Jordan could pull off playing this guy--

But the character I'm most interested in is this guy--

And I think that calls for a different kind of, not so serious, actor to chew the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm sure Jordan could pull off playing this guy--

But the character I'm most interested in is this guy--

And I think that calls for a different kind of, not so serious, actor to chew the scenery.

I am telling you, Superman Next, the name of the next Superman movie, features a trip through the multiverse in the Ultima Thule and of course they make it to Dream World. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is the obvious choice.

Michael P. Jordan's Superman is on a quest to find Henry Cavill's Superman, lost in the multiverse and probably held in captive by the Crime Syndicate. He assembles the Supermen of the multiverse to bring him back. I would throw in two Superboy's and a Krypto just to make it all work.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Cavill's played Superman 3 times already.

He was working with bad scripts but he's also a bad actor. It's time to move on.
    Cavill is actually a competent actor when he’s working with the right people. He was amazing in the last mission impossible movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'd love to see a live-action Val-Zod. I think Jordan would be perfect in such a role. *crosses fingers*

Heck, I wouldn't be averse to a Val/Kara focus rather than Clark/Lois, if it comes to that.
    Might well work. It'd be hilarious if that was the only way PG could be brought back and put into a live action anything. But Jordan's got some star power now, and Joker has opened it up for Elseworlds sort of movies.