Page 89 of 667 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 10005

The latest 2020 primary polling has nothing but bad news for Bernie Sanders

He should try combing his hair and smiling more.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    The latest 2020 primary polling has nothing but bad news for Bernie Sanders

He should try combing his hair and smiling more.
    Sanders got an early bump due to name recognition, but Biden is the one Trump is most afraid of. Potential voters are going to notice this a nd consider it a sign that Biden stands the best chance of beating Trump.

Sanders is the also-ran, Biden is the shinning gold star.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Don't support creepy uncle Joe. Feel the Bern.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I’’m not sure how one measures these things..and personally I think some degree of racism is seen in every country and race there is.

But off hand I do think racism is more extreme in USA than most Western European countries. There are cases..for example..were patently innocent people were deliberately framed for serious crimes in USA...I can’t think of any obvious parallels in Western Europe. (I can think of European cases where investigation was biased...but no case where investigator deliberately framed some one purely because of their race.)
    There are certainly many more racist incidents in America, because the population is much more diverse and so there are many more opportunities for conflicts to arise. The legal system in America is dysfunctional not because Americans are especially cruel or sadistic, but because white people have this existential fear that one day minorities will occupy positions of power and start enacting policies that serve our interests rather than reserving all the gains for whites exclusively. This is not something Europeans will ever have to worry about, all the white extinction hysteria aside.

And this is not to say that I think all Europeans are like these closet racists who just pretend to be tolerant but still have their SS uniforms stashed away just in the case the savages get too uppity. I'm just saying that the demographics of Europe mean that there are generally fewer situations where your typical white European will have to choose between upholding their principles of equality and openness, and serving their personal socioeconomic interests, a dilemma that most Americans encounter on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sanders got an early bump due to name recognition, but Biden is the one Trump is most afraid of. Potential voters are going to notice this a nd consider it a sign that Biden stands the best chance of beating Trump.

Yeah, I honestly thought Sanders would be polling better with so many other Democrats splitting the moderate vote. I guess way too many people are still sore about 2016.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Except this didn't really happen. Sure, some people /feared/ it might, but look what's actually happened to Spencer. Anytime he says anything, anywhere, someone responds with the meme of him getting punched. He brought the discussion on the merits of punching nazis forward, and then the alt-right promptly murdered a girl at Unite the Right. The followers of a guy like Spencer depend on a projection of strength.

The beginning of him losing steam coincided with him getting punched.
    I'd argue that his 15 mins of fame started with him getting him getting punched in the face. He got smacked and the next thing you know he's all over the media. As far as him not looking strong...remember what happened was he was standing there and got sucker punched by someone who promptly ran off. None of the crowd that Spenser was trying to reach thought that he looked "weak" and Spenser doesn't feel shamed by that incident at all. Sure, he's not flavor of the month anymore, but I think that's because the alt right simply moved on to their Stephen Molyneux and whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yeah, I honestly thought Sanders would be polling better with so many other Democrats splitting the moderate vote. I guess way too many people are still sore about 2016.
    It's not about being 'sore', it's about performance and perception. Sanders is divisive, he is the kind of candidate you either really like or really don't like, and his performance in 2016 reinforced that.

A divisive candidate isn't going to win over enough Democratic voters, and is especially not going to win over enough otherwise aligned voters.

Donald Trump is getting desperate, like a trapped animal. The more desperate he becomes, the more dangerous he becomes. If he is running the country like a business, this is his end-game, the point where he trashes the business, bankrupts it, then steals as much as he can from what's left. If he's going down, he's taking the country down with him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There are certainly many more racist incidents in America, because the population is much more diverse and so there are many more opportunities for conflicts to arise. The legal system in America is dysfunctional not because Americans are especially cruel or sadistic, but because white people have this existential fear that one day minorities will occupy positions of power and start enacting policies that serve our interests rather than reserving all the gains for whites exclusively. This is not something Europeans will ever have to worry about, all the white extinction hysteria aside.

And this is not to say that I think all Europeans are like these closet racists who just pretend to be tolerant but still have their SS uniforms stashed away just in the case the savages get too uppity. I'm just saying that the demographics of Europe mean that there are generally fewer situations where your typical white European will have to choose between upholding their principles of equality and openness, and serving their personal socioeconomic interests, a dilemma that most Americans encounter on a daily basis.
    I'd argue that's pretty much exactly what's fueling the anti-immigration racism in Europe these days. The demographics of who the minorities are are different than in the US, but all that "great replacement" and "we must preserve 'western culture'" stuff and "we don't have the resources to spare for these people" is very much a thing over there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Don't support creepy uncle Joe. Feel the Bern.
    I'll admit it, I kinda feel Joe is running more out of a sense of regaining control of the establishment democratic party than anything else. Like he doesn't want the party to be taken over by the upstarts.

Ultimate Member

Donald Trump is getting desperate, like a trapped animal. The more desperate he becomes, the more dangerous he becomes. If he is running the country like a business, this is his end-game, the point where he trashes the business, bankrupts it, then steals as much as he can from what's left. If he's going down, he's taking the country down with him.
    I agree with this. It's pretty much how he's run a lot of his actual businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'll admit it, I kinda feel Joe is running more out of a sense of regaining control of the establishment democratic party than anything else. Like he doesn't want the party to be taken over by the upstarts.
    I think it's more complicated than that. But, bottom line, you don't have to vote for Biden and you don't have to vote for Sanders, there are plenty of other choices available. The talk shouldn't be limited to just those two.

Astonishing Member

Or Biden will run the same campaign Hillary ran and lose the same way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1s_qGwZnMc

Also all these claims about Bernie's supposed sexism and bigotry seem like disingenuous smears made up by the donor class if Joe ''I am against Forced Busing'' Biden is the one everyone is supposed to flock to.

I think it's more complicated than that. But, bottom line, you don't have to vote for Biden and you don't have to vote for Sanders, there are plenty of other choices available. The talk shouldn't be limited to just those two.
    Sure but if you are a real left winger, who pretty represents your views, real policy progressives like Sanders or Warren or corporate hacks like Biden or Booker?

Clinton did the third way, centrist, corporate hack strategy in 2016 and lost, why would doing that again have a different outcome this time.

Corporate Democrats like Clinton, Biden, Booker, etc are standing in the way progress, they should stand aside if they actually want to improve things.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 05-11-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

That's true. It's still early.