Page 106 of 271 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It would fall in line with past depictions of Vision as a synthetic human with all the organs of a human. That was confirmed by Hank years and years ago now.
    Also let's not forget Jim Hammond who is also the Vision can donate blood with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Also let's not forget Jim Hammond who is also the Vision can donate blood with no problems
    This is very true and a good point!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I would prefer it was revealed that the Vision has synthetic sperm as his body replicates like a human body
    I totally like this idea as a comic book reader and it absolutely makes sense to me. But I'm wondering, do you think television audiences would buy it? I'm worried this would be a hard message to "sell" to viewers. And a lot of Marvel movie fans might not want to be exposed to too much "exposition". Or comic book gobbledygook as I call it. Comic books are fun, but for those who don't read them, any explanation that's too comic booky might lose them. Maybe Shaeffer can still work your proposal in organically somehow. I believe it's fine, but the writers of the show have got to explain it in a way that makes it sound plausible. My sperm donor idea is pretty lame I acknowledge, but most folks would understand it without having to resort to any explanations. I was even hoping that the show would have Wanda and Vision adopt a couple of kids from Sokovia or something, but when they showed Wanda being pregnant in that February teaser, that notion went right out the window.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-22-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Totally agree. My only concern with my OWN argument is that the Invisible Woman is basically one of the only major superhero females that's actually ALLOWED to be a wife and mother in the Marvel Universe. If Vision and Wanda had Wiccan, Speed, and Viv as kids, would they become the Sensational Five and take attention away from Marvel's First Family? The Fantastic Four would lose their originality and appeal as being the only functional family in the superhero world of Marvel. So I can see why Marvel would shy away from Wanda and Vision actually HAVING a family, even though it would make a lot of sense in many ways. And have Sue Richards and Jean Grey ever done "domestic" things in their comic books? Or were they just totally invested in the superhero stuff? I'd like to know because WandaVision is heavily leaning into the whole family dynamic thing way more than the Fantastic Four ever did in their previous movies as I can recall. I'm also curious to see how the MCU deals with kids of superhero parents later on. For some reason, I don't really consider Ant-Man and Iron Man to be potential superhero parents even though they clearly could be (in the MCU).
    Sue and Jean were two of the original Marvel women from the Silver Age. They were frequently seen doing domestic things. Always cooking or cleaning with an apron or baking cakes. The last one is fanart I believe but it's based off of how the women from that type would be represented.

And another. I'm not sure if Wanda ever had moments like these.

Yeah, I understand Thor's transition into a clown has not been well-received by everybody. I personally think it's hilarious and saved the Thor franchise. But I get that lots of comic book fans don't like it. I have zero concerns that Wanda will become the Peggy Bundy of the MCU, because that would be very much against her character's personality. I just think she should show a lighter side of her personality, that's all. And if that leads to her being more playful in the comic books, I'm totally down for that!

You know, I sort of gave up on Wanda and Vision getting together a long time ago. Too much baggage and bad blood I thought. But after watching the movies, I began to think, yeah, maybe they should hook up again. This is not merely for nostalgic reasons, because their relationship in the movies is REALLY current. I just think Wanda can benefit a lot from having a family that she loves and loves her. And she could do a bunch of "domestic" things that would amuse readers. Plus, Vision would be an extremely unconventional partner. They might even need relationship therapy sessions sometimes because their family is so fucked up. I think they're sort of well-suited as a couple because quite frankly, they're both really weird. People wouldn't know her as this pariah and hate figure anymore. She'd be a loving wife and devoted mother. Something that is all too rare in superhero comic books. And that WOULD suit her personality too.
    Well I think the MCU has shown that it's not afraid of completely transforming a character if they feel the character will be more marketable then, and if that succeeds, the comic version will similarly be changed for synergy. That's why I worry that if more people believe that Wanda needs to be altered, she will be changed in the MCU permanently (Thor's personality changed drastically despite 4 films before Ragnarok already having created a personality for him).

I'd like to see them back together again now as well and as the comics tend to follow suit with the movies, I don't think it would be impossible to reunite the couple. For all their baggage, a good writer could sort their issues out and we all know with Wanda they tend to like using retcons anyway so that's never off the table.

I totally like this idea as a comic book reader and it absolutely makes sense to me. But I'm wondering, do you think television audiences would buy it? I'm worried this would be a hard message to "sell" to viewers. And a lot of Marvel movie fans might not want to be exposed to too much "exposition". Or comic book gobbledygook as I call it. Comic books are fun, but for those who don't read them, any explanation that's too comic booky might lose them. Maybe Shaeffer can still work your proposal in organically somehow. I believe it's fine, but the writers of the show have got to explain it in a way that makes it sound plausible. My sperm donor idea is pretty lame I acknowledge, but most folks would understand it without having to resort to any explanations. I was even hoping that the show would have Wanda and Vision adopt a couple of kids from Sokovia or something, but when they showed Wanda being pregnant in that February teaser, that notion went right out the window.
    It wouldn't be a hard sell. The Vision is designed to perfectly replicate the human body, so actually it would make less sense if he didn't have sperm.

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't be a hard sell. The Vision is designed to perfectly replicate the human body, so actually it would make less sense if he didn't have sperm.
    Yeah, comic-Vision has, at times, had robot innards, but MCU-Vision we saw being generated by a cradle that makes tissue that is indistinguishable from human flesh, and then is upgraded even further by Ultron using vibranium, so that Cho mentions that the vibranium is infusing itself with the cells. So he's got *cells.* Not sprockets.

And while he wasn't anatomically correct the one time we saw him without clothes, presumably he can fix that the same way he fixed being naked and made himself grow clothes (and a cape, because he liked Thors', which was a cute touch).

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    One that comes to mind is having Wanda suddenly take up being able to sew a costume for Giant-Man very early on. It wasn't something Wanda did before that or really showed any interest in doing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

All-New Member

Default I never had a problem with Vision having kids

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, comic-Vision has, at times, had robot innards, but MCU-Vision we saw being generated by a cradle that makes tissue that is indistinguishable from human flesh, and then is upgraded even further by Ultron using vibranium, so that Cho mentions that the vibranium is infusing itself with the cells. So he's got *cells.* Not sprockets.

And while he wasn't anatomically correct the one time we saw him without clothes, presumably he can fix that the same way he fixed being naked and made himself grow clothes (and a cape, because he liked Thors', which was a cute touch).
    If he can see, think, feel...love..whay cano not have sperm?? He had cells at teh very beginning..later he is more robotic (ecause, bad writting)

He si completely human but made of synthetic tissue...only his brain synapsis are differen perhaps from ours...

I love MCU Vision cause he is MY Vision..Not Switch, but I like this alternative version also
    Sorry for the englis (I am spanish and is 12:30 pm here)
    Best

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    One that comes to mind is having Wanda suddenly take up being able to sew a costume for Giant-Man very early on. It wasn't something Wanda did before that or really showed any interest in doing.
    There you go, I guess Wanda was domesticated too. Typical behavior from that era. I also remember how in those early X-Men issues, the condescending way that Magneto would call Wanda "witch" just as Xavier would call Jean "girl."

Well I think the MCU has shown that it's not afraid of completely transforming a character if they feel the character will be more marketable then, and if that succeeds, the comic version will similarly be changed for synergy. That's why I worry that if more people believe that Wanda needs to be altered, she will be changed in the MCU permanently (Thor's personality changed drastically despite 4 films before Ragnarok already having created a personality for him).

I'd like to see them back together again now as well and as the comics tend to follow suit with the movies, I don't think it would be impossible to reunite the couple. For all their baggage, a good writer could sort their issues out and we all know with Wanda they tend to like using retcons anyway so that's never off the table.
    I'm not sure Thor's personality is actually going to be the same in Love and Thunder. I believe Hemsworth and Waititi will probably tone down the "clown" aspects of his character in his most likely final appearance in the MCU. Especially if the MCU works in the cancer storyline for Portman's character, I can't imagine they'll be joking around as much as they did in Ragnarok.

I'm a bit different from most of the posters on this thread. I'm not really a "shipper" of anybody. I just think if two characters get along really good, better stories will result. If that worked with Simon and Wanda, I'd be fully behind them as a couple. I just think Vision and Wanda have a TON of potential as a couple. But I wouldn't want them to get back together merely for nostalgic reasons as I said before. I have a HUGE condition for any reconciliation: I want them to maintain a sitcom-like domestic life. I would hate for them to be so serious and angsty like they were before. This "us against the world" and "nobody understands us" stuff just bores me to fucking tears. They should EMBRACE their weirdness. The two of them should fight a LOT. And each of them shouldn't focus ALL of their attention on superhero activities. I find it very amusing that Vision is more interested in cooking and fashion as opposed to fighting bad guys in the movies. So I would make him peddle books like "Cooking with Vision" and "How to dress like a Boss (Vision)" to make some money because I don't think superheroes get paid much at all for their efforts. If Wanda and Vision do NOT get any comic book comedic synergy from WandaVision, I would be far less interested in them starting a new relationship. If Vision and Wanda don't get together again, I doubt their personalities in the comics will change (which I think is a real pity because I would support them being more fun and playful. A lot of people would). You can only make them funny if they're together because their relationship is absolutely bonkers and makes no sense. I mean, if another female human got together with Vision, a sitcom situation would still work with the both of them. However, that would be depriving Wanda of a huge opportunity to flex her comedic muscles, so that would make me sad. I think Vision should act more like this (In a truly sitcom environment. Maybe Feige got his idea from this old video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUGaHYbNjv4

Writers can figure out how Wanda can be funny in other ways. I sort of disagree with leokearon and GenericUsername. The more characters that are comedians in the MCU, the better I say.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-24-2020 at 11:10 AM.

I would prefer it was revealed that the Vision has synthetic sperm as his body replicates like a human body
    If they just straight up confirm that Vision can put a bun in Wanda's oven, this might work. No need for any explanations. I'm just really worried they're gonna go the "magical" route. I think it's okay if they explain Pietro's, Vision's, the Maximoff parents and even Ultron's re-appearances in the show by saying they were created by magic because I don't think they're gonna survive this series. But since Wiccan and Speed likely will, I want them to have legitimate and believable origin stories.

Ha! Thanks for posting. I love it when superheroes just do "normal" things in the comics and in the movies. That's why I liked Age of Ultron so much. A good portion of the movie was just the team hanging together without any fighting involved.

FIRST LOOK: Alex Ross Covers for Marvel: Timeless Series Coming This Fall
    https://www.alexrossart.com/FIRST-LO...ll-_b_109.html