Page 454 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3544044444504514524534544554564574584645045549541454 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 75153

You know what's not a necessary evil. Trump and the GOP.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-28-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tom Cotton – The Holocaust “A Necessary Evil”

I thought this might be a parody, a joke, but maybe not.
    Or, maybe Cotton is an assclown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Or, maybe Cotton is an assclown.
    Who is the front runner for the GOP in 2024.
    Another assclown GOP President, just what we need.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Never thought I would see someone Godwin himself.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think this this satire. The only place I can find this story is on Al Franken’s page. I guess it just shows how blurry the lines are these days between reality and satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think this this satire. The only place I can find this story is on Al Franken’s page. I guess it just shows how blurry the lines are these days between reality and satire.
    I should have done a search, but it did say (AP) so I thought, maybe?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Florida is now the second hardest hit state

Texas and Florida now have over 6000 covid deaths

In numbers of covid cases, Georgia surpasses Illinois, North Carolina surpasses Massachusetts. Virginia and Ohio both surpass Maryland.

Mighty Member

It has to be real, to quote something that outrageous would be libel. Aye yai yai, how did this guy get elected, and before Trump came to power to.

Wow! I don't...even...know...what...to...say. It can't be real can it? What a f'n fruitloop.

Man....I like politics but I need to stay away from this forum, it starting to depress me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    Yeah the Dems stole bread crumbs but the Reps stole bakeries.
    There are not too many Anthony Weiners, Rod Blagojevichs, John Edwardses, Catherine Pughs, Ray Nagins, Megan Barrys, and a few others I forgot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ption_offenses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes
    Most of the people you just named have been out of office for a decade. Weiner was the most recent, and he resigned in 2011.

Meanwhile, the list of GOP weirdos sent packing is looooong in that time. Around 2017, when #MeToo dropped, they lost Blake Farenthold, Trent Franks, Patrick Meehan, and Tim Murphy from the House alone. And those were the people confirmed. More candidates and state legislators from the GOP got nuked.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    It has to be real, to quote something that outrageous would be libel. Aye yai yai, how did this guy get elected, and before Trump came to power to.

Wow! I don't...even...know...what...to...say. It can't be real can it? What a f'n fruitloop.

Man....I like politics but I need to stay away from this forum, it starting to depress me.
    Turns out he says the founders saw slavery as a necessary evil. It's easy to believe because the GOP have been overtly racist these past years.

Astonishing Member

Look after yourself, if politics gets too overwhelming I suggest taking a break. Many, many people have been affected emotionally by politics like this once Trump got elected. But remain informed, don't tune out completely. Practice self care and good luck.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Turns out he says the founders saw slavery as a necessary evil. It's easy to believe because the GOP have been overtly racist these past years.
    Ah it's so depressing. What ever happened to the Republican Party of John McCain and Condoleeza Rice?

A blue wave needs to happen to rinse all the maggots out of the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You’d think someone who survived cancer and probably had a compromised immune system as a result would’ve known better than to take the godawful risk that he had. However, Republicans like Cain check their brains and common sense at the door when it comes to kissing up to Trump. Call me callous, but I can’t bring myself to feel the least bit sorry for Cain who chose to play Russian Roulette and paid the price for his arrogance.
    It's hard to feel sorry for anyone who gets Covid because they didn't take any precautions at this point.

Ah it's so depressing. What ever happened to the Republican Party of John McCain and Condoleeza Rice?

A blue wave needs to happen to rinse all the maggots out of the Republican Party.
    It never existed. The party has been the party of Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms for as long as the southern strategy has existed and it has always belonged to them more than it did to McCain for actual generations now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Look after yourself, if politics gets too overwhelming I suggest taking a break. Many, many people have been affected emotionally by politics like this once Trump got elected. But remain informed, don't tune out completely. Practice self care and good luck.
    I'm good, I was just a little shocked. I'm not up on the whole controversy behind the New York Time's 1619 Project, but whatever it be, that is not the appropriate response. It's a disqualifer for senate in my opinion.

No matter what one thinks about the articles accuracy or potential political motivations it may have. The ancestors of slavery, have had to endure social, family, and economic dislocation that has been intergenerational. So to say to someone living in the South Side of Chicago, "Hey sorry about the past but slavery was a necessary evil" exercises extremely poor judgment.