Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This just feels like an anime filler
    well,considering comics does'nt have start ,middle and end.I say a filler is welcome change of pace.

IDk it seems like One Piece is one of those anime that drags on. Oda really should end it.
    It's ending in next 5 to 8 years.Also,anime adapts one chapter an episode.So,pacing is not only his fault.Besides,it sells.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-14-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Lol, that's actually really mean, dude.
    I think the better example will be G7 arc by One Piece rather than that episode. It's so good that most fans say it as canon
    That’s just fans worrying that they “wasted their time” on something that didn’t have greater story implications.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That’s just fans worrying that they “wasted their time” on something that didn’t have greater story implications.
    Lol, that might be true, but I think the joy of long stories like that is not about everything that needs to be something important. But, rather, if it's fun, anything goes! Like the G7 is a filler so it's not important, but because it's fun for Oda and readers love it so much.

Note: Oda draw the commander of that place in the assembly of Marines before the Marineford war, because he love the arc.

Lol, that might be true, but I think the joy of long stories like that is not about everything that needs to be something important. But, rather, if it's fun, anything goes! Like the G7 is a filler so it's not important, but because it's fun for Oda and readers love it so much.
    it's better than long ring long land arc which is actually canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    it's better than long ring long land arc which is actually canon.
    The Davy Back Fight in general is super fun. I mean don't you have a good laugh when the referee from Foxy pirates ignoring the penalty done by Foxy Pirate. That guy is Luffy tier bad in lying.

Totally forgot to talk about it but... Finally ! A Kryptonian/Tamaranean hybrid ! I can't wait to see what Theand'r Ban-El has in stock ! She should be extremely powerful, considering that Tamaranean absorb all Solar radiations without adverse effects, unlike Kryptonians !

And finger crossed for House of El to sell like hot cakes so at elast some of those characters can get more showings !

It really depends on how this event is received. If people like it, wouldn’t surprise me if it continues as part of the digital initiative DC is putting together. Making some of these series DC Universe Infinite exclusives might help get subs or encourage people to keep subscribing. If people don’t like it, yeah it will be like Convergence where none of it matters, with even Jon’s ties to that event being retconned out eventually.

But the ideas themselves don’t feel like filler at all to me. This feels ambitious, there’s a lot of old Morrison stuff being used here: Solaris, the Superman Dynasty, Superman Secundus, etc. And some of the series look great, Russel’s mini is definitely something I think will be fantastic. Will any of it affect the mainline come March? Depends on who will be taking over the book and reception to the event itself.

The Davy Back Fight in general is super fun. I mean don't you have a good laugh when the referee from Foxy pirates ignoring the penalty done by Foxy Pirate. That guy is Luffy tier bad in lying.
    I like several of the things like zorro and sanji working together. But,the story just doesn't feel like it matters in long run. But, afro luffy is awesome.

BANNED

I like several of the things like zorro and sanji working together. But,the story just doesn't feel like it matters in long run. But, afro luffy is awesome.
    That's the thing that I talked about. To me several stories like that add characters moment and just plainly fun, sure it doesn't feel like it matters in long run, but I think at the end it's fun story that can be enjoyed as it's.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Feels more like an OVA/direct to video spin-off episode. Too non-sequitorial to really be filler in between arcs.

well,considering comics does'nt have start ,middle and end.I say a filler is welcome change of pace.
    And honestly thats a big problem and why mangas are superior and sell more.

Seeing WB green light a Yara Flor Wonder Girl show before her first issue is even out makes me wonder if they’re planning on adapting the Batman and Superman Future State offerings as well. Making Jon Superman would be an easy way to write out Cavill from the DCEU for instance without having to outright retcon Snyder’s stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seeing WB green light a Yara Flor Wonder Girl show before her first issue is even out makes me wonder if they’re planning on adapting the Batman and Superman Future State offerings as well. Making Jon Superman would be an easy way to write out Cavill from the DCEU for instance without having to outright retcon Snyder’s stuff.
    Wait what?

Wait what?
    Yeah Yara Flor, the Brazilian Future State WW is getting an Arrowverse show lmao. Seems the rumors that WB looked at 5G as an opportunity for adaptions was true. Might mean Jon Superman and a black Batman aren’t far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah Yara Flor, the Brazilian Future State WW is getting an Arrowverse show lmao. Seems the rumors that WB looked at 5G as an opportunity for adaptions was true. Might mean Jon Superman and a black Batman aren’t far behind.
    I'm really confused by this.
    We're told Future State was only a two month event but now it's spawning tv shows? I'm not opposed to it, just confused. And overall concerned with what's going on with DC comics.